waived
Passport Req..
07-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2013
LANDED..........
19-10-2013
Wilme said:
Hello my fellow applicants in waiting. Could someone please help me with answers here please.

I am from Nigeria. Went to Nigeria in February 2012 and got married. Filed in April 2012 to sponsor my wife and she was called for interview for November 2012. She went for her interview in Ghana. She was pregnant with our daughter when she went to Ghana but was DENIED, the reason they gave was that we rushed everything and further that they do not believe the unborn child is mine (The sponsor). I immediately appealed their decision but later withdrew my appeal after the appeal office in Toronto told me that it takes 18 to 22 months to get hearing or for a decision to be made. In February I applied for Canadian citizenship for our new born daughter and after all run arounds with the Canadian Consulate office in Lagos my daughter was given Canadian citizenship card in August 2013 (God is Great). While I was waiting for the baby's Citizenship application I reapplied to sponsor my wife again in April 2013. Accra office sent us email in August 2013 that they recieved the application. Last month (January 2014) they sent us email asking us to do DNA withing 90 days for my wife, our daughter and myself which we completed with the DNA centres they recommended. The result came out 99.999999999%, the result was forwarded to them by the DNA office and a copy sent to us which was two weeks ago. Last week January 27th 2014 Accra sent us another email asking that my wife do medical again (the last one she did was in May 2013). So now my question is could someone please tell me what next to expect because there seem to be one request after another, this whole journey has cost me so much. Thank you.

@ Wilme, the next request all things work for good should be PPR. as CIC can't issue visa if medical had expired.
so no problem you are in good standing.
I wish the rest who are expecting their PPR soon you shall all sing a new song IJN.
Dan

Accratalk

Nov 18, 2013
Abuja
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear lnd_dan, So sorry to hear the stories and problems you have had. Just pls wait for the passport request shortly.

Wilme

Feb 3, 2014
@ Ind_dan & Accratalk God bless you guy for giving me a positive hope..I've been thinking if I would ever see the light at the end of this unending tunnel but now my hope is revived.
Does it mean she and my daughter will not be heading back to Ghana for an interview this time? The first time I applied for her in 2012 she went to Ghana for her interview eventhough she was almost due to give birth to my daughter. It'll be very nice if she don't travel to Ghana this time because the cost to fly there and hotel is very expensive.

mfaith

Nov 18, 2013
Wilme, I'm sure there won't be interview. You should be expecting ppr next as soon as accra receive her medical results. Goodluck

abauwa

Apr 5, 2013
it means that they now believe your relationship is genuine and are ready to issue visa. she has to redo medicals. just normal. if she does it today, 2-3 weeks she will have visa or better still be with you. all the best

Wilme

Feb 3, 2014
@ abauwa thanks a lot for your input. I wish all of us success in our quest for reunion with our family.

emini

Oct 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 15 2014
File Transfer...
December 20th 2014
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Mfaith, Accratalk and everyone else we pray that God see us all through. The waiting has reached another level now.....

bortele

Jan 20, 2014
Dear Sherrie,

Hope this message finds you well. I just had a quick question. Was the first communication you received from the accra office the January 21st request for more information? Did you receive an AOR from them after your file was transferred?

Figure I would finally join in lol, Accra family class here;

AOR Oct 25, 2013

File transfer to Accra, Oct 25, 2013

Email from Accra requesting more info and new criminal check (ours expired in Dec) : Jan 21, 2014 (getting the info together now)

Yay at least we know they opened our file!

Sherri ;D

[/quote]

fernendez

Sep 26, 2010
I wish everyone waiting to hear from Accra good luck. I understand Accra can be a funny place to deal with but it is advisable you guys ensure all your documents are in order. It is important that you avoid ambiguity and try not to talk too much when dealing with Accra.

African are always treated as economic migrants or desperate people as compared to the real economic migrants which we all know!!!. I want you all to remember that the good Lord has not forgotten you and will perfect all that concerns you all.

Regards,
Fernendez

Babytee

Feb 14, 2014
Good day everybody.... I'm new to this forum and i need an assistance. My application has been sent to ghana. Last week, i was called to tell my husband to go and pay the ppr payment but we dont know how to go about it. Pls if you have any idea, pls share......
@angingona

Wilme

Feb 3, 2014
Just an update... My wife has just completed the medical yesterday and now we waits for what the next request would be.

osun

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
CIC last update on my wife file was sept 2013.i went to visit my file december 2013 to jan 2014.spent 1month with my wife.I immediately mailed the prove of visit to cic which was received by them middle of january 2014.I also included the copy of my canadian passport as a new citizen.Cic has not updated my our file since they receive the recent document.I have written them 5 times for update since i came back from Nigeria,no respons.Her medical will be expiring next month -march 2014.What should i do?why is it waisting so much time.why is CIC treating my file with personal perception and speculation.Application was received 2nd june 2013. 7 months + No decision.Should i travel to Ghana to their office.I dont mind if that will solve my problem.Need advise please.

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
20-01-2017 in process Accra 02-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
osun said:
CIC last update on my wife file was sept 2013.i went to visit my file december 2013 to jan 2014.spent 1month with my wife.I immediately mailed the prove of visit to cic which was received by them middle of january 2014.I also included the copy of my canadian passport as a new citizen.Cic has not updated my our file since they receive the recent document.I have written them 5 times for update since i came back from Nigeria,no respons.Her medical will be expiring next month -march 2014.What should i do?why is it waisting so much time.why is CIC treating my file with personal perception and speculation.Application was received 2nd june 2013. 7 months + No decision.Should i travel to Ghana to their office.I dont mind if that will solve my problem.Need advise please.
I think going to the office all the way from Canada does not guarantee 100% success in speeding up your file plus the fact that it also going to cost you money but you can try to take a chance which may work out or may not work out. I think you should have visited the office when you were in Nigeria to visit your wife that would have been better in terms of saving time and money. But if you want to go there personally you can to so and see what happens.