+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

osun

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Yes ,have not heard anything since august.I requested for Atp NOTE FROM accra,the officer was still saying that my marriage appear to be staged for immigration purpose and i have not visited my wife since 2011.i just came back from nigeria 6 days ago,mailed every proov and photograph to accra.i told them to do the investigation by them self rather than wasting my time.i became a citizen,i am relocating to the state by next month if no respons.CIC is partial in decision making.

bortele

Jan 20, 2014
HI folks,

I am sponsoring my husband who lives in Accra. I live in Montreal. I received approval from MICC and got my CSQ. Both copies were sent to me. Does Accra require that I directly send them the second copy of the CSQ meant for immigration?

Also, are there any accra residents who applied in November? What is your timeline looking like?

Thanks

Bortele

maleeyomi

Jan 23, 2014
Greetings everyone and happy new year 2014!

I was very pleased to read all the positive experiences and advice in this thread! Indeed being apart from the person you love and vowed to love is a complex experience with intense emotions of reunion-separation-reunion-separation and for some, those emotions are amplified with the canadian cold winter weather!!!

I am a canadian born citizen and my husband is a true nigerian man (from Lagos) :D
We met in South Africa in 2009 and have been friends for two year before moving in together in SA for 3 months, then getting married in 2012 and yesterday, we received an email concerning an interview request in Accra, shortly after learning that we will now soon be greeting our first child...a lot of things at once for a young couple that is just trying to start a good life together!

Here is our timeline:
Application processed: August 29, 2013.
CSQ received: December 13, 2013.
Medicals done: January 15, 2014.
Interview requested: March 12, 2014.

The best outcome possible for us (by God Grace) would be that he receives his residency to come to Canada this March!!! Though we are not sure, because I have read that people have gotten their visa the same day of the interview, but that was 2010...and, according to CIC, the processing takes up to 15 months, which we are now at only few months! So, we either have 2 months or 10 months to wait ??? plus a delivery at hand!

We have some BIG concerns and here they are:
1) My husband lives in South Africa and the interview is to be in Ghana because he is nigerian, would it be possible to have the interview in SA or would it be wiser for us to do everything possible for him to get to Ghana that day?
2) Should he mention in the interview that we are expecting?
3) We thought about being together again in SA until the baby is born, if he cannot come to Canada in time, because we need to be together during our first pregnancy and delivery. If the process takes 15 months and I am in SA, will my residency out of Canada affect our application? And what about our newborn? How long will it take then for him/her to get his birth certificate and passport/citizenship to come to Canada with us?

I am now back to Canada by myself because life in South Africa is rough and the waiting is very hard on us. Please, if anybody had any info/advice on how to make this process and pregnancy easier for us. We long to be in Canada together ASAP and finally start our lives...

M.

ama1978

Star Member
Apr 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am pleased to say that my journey has begun. I look forward to getting to know some of you more and sharing in this process with all of you!

emini

Oct 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 15 2014
File Transfer...
December 20th 2014
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Hi Accratalk and Mfaith, Greetings to you both.

mfaith

Nov 18, 2013
Hi Emini, still waiting to hear from them, the waiting is killing. Have u heard from them?
Accratalk, have u been contacted? I pray we all get positive response soonest.

emini

Oct 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 15 2014
File Transfer...
December 20th 2014
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
MFaith & Accratalk, We will hear from them soon, probably this week and by the special Grace of the almighty God it'l all be Good news for us all. Lets all keep posted and prayerful.

Accratalk

Nov 18, 2013
Abuja
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Mfaith/Emini! I have contacted and written to the Visa Office but they are not responding. I wish us nothing but the best.

boatswife

Star Member
May 5, 2012
Halifax, NS
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2016
Doc's Request.
09 -02-2017 new meds...police..sched A after interview
AOR Received.
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
17-05-2017
Med's Request
19-04-2017...For stepson...This was after PPR!
Med's Done....
11-07-2016 and 14-02-2017
Interview........
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
14-03-2017 sent in via dhl 20-03-17
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2017
Figure I would finally join in lol, Accra family class here;

AOR Oct 25, 2013

File transfer to Accra, Oct 25, 2013

Email from Accra requesting more info and new criminal check (ours expired in Dec) : Jan 21, 2014 (getting the info together now)

Yay at least we know they opened our file!

Sherri ;D

Accratalk

Nov 18, 2013
Abuja
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Afternoon folks!

Mfaith and Emini - We in February..................................................

emini

Oct 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 15 2014
File Transfer...
December 20th 2014
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Yes, we are still hanging in there, its February. Lets just pray and hope this months will be the month in which our hopes turns into reality, the month of salvation and our daily prayers are answered. MFaith, AccraTalk and everyone else I wish us success!!!

mfaith

Nov 18, 2013
Dear Accratalk/Emini, really hoping we hear from them soon. This thread is just too quiet, I pray we all have blasts of ppr this month!

Chubster33

Jun 3, 2013
My journey starts

Hi All
my journey has just begun. Sponsoring my wife through CHC Accra Office.

Will update posts when i hear from Accra.

Accratalk

Nov 18, 2013
Abuja
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My dear Mfaith/Emini and all! God's grace will be sufficient for us. Let's ask God to fill us with a double portion of his grace.

Good luck to us all.

Wilme

Feb 3, 2014
Hello my fellow applicants in waiting. Could someone please help me with answers here please.

I am from Nigeria. Went to Nigeria in February 2012 and got married. Filed in April 2012 to sponsor my wife and she was called for interview for November 2012. She went for her interview in Ghana. She was pregnant with our daughter when she went to Ghana but was DENIED, the reason they gave was that we rushed everything and further that they do not believe the unborn child is mine (The sponsor). I immediately appealed their decision but later withdrew my appeal after the appeal office in Toronto told me that it takes 18 to 22 months to get hearing or for a decision to be made. In February I applied for Canadian citizenship for our new born daughter and after all run arounds with the Canadian Consulate office in Lagos my daughter was given Canadian citizenship card in August 2013 (God is Great). While I was waiting for the baby's Citizenship application I reapplied to sponsor my wife again in April 2013. Accra office sent us email in August 2013 that they recieved the application. Last month (January 2014) they sent us email asking us to do DNA withing 90 days for my wife, our daughter and myself which we completed with the DNA centres they recommended. The result came out 99.999999999%, the result was forwarded to them by the DNA office and a copy sent to us which was two weeks ago. Last week January 27th 2014 Accra sent us another email asking that my wife do medical again (the last one she did was in May 2013). So now my question is could someone please tell me what next to expect because there seem to be one request after another, this whole journey has cost me so much. Thank you.