Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2013
Interview........
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Declined
We received our refusal letter today by email, as I suspected. They stated that they told my husband their concerns but he did nothing to change their opinion that our relationship is not genuine. The officer was very aggressive, accusing my husband of having another passport for travelling abroad because, GET THIS, he did not have a Nigerian accent in her opinion. Her logic is astounding. She also accused him of being poor and looking for a rich woman on the internet to marry so he could come to Canada. She was rude about the fact that we could not afford and therefore did not have a posh reception and instead because of convenience to friends and family - some of whom could not come for fear of losing their jobs (on a Wednesday work day at 9:30am), had a brief meal in the parking lot of the Ikoyi Registry. She saw my husband as unemotional (he's a straightforward calm cool guy) and didn't ask him any questions about me. So in his mind, he answered her questions and he didn't see how she could come to her conclusion that our relationship was genuine. She told him that she felt he would run away once he got to Canada.

I have filed an appeal but I am not looking forward to spending more time away from my beloved husband. We have spent all we have keeping our two separate homes afloat, keeping my husband in university and applying for visitor's visas and sponsorship costs. I cannot keep my husband in school this term which makes him less employable in an already high unemployment country.

My friends and family in Canada simply do not understand...and don't know how to support me. I have asked if anyone would offer him a job but no one has come forward. So a work visa is out of the question. I cannot afford to send him to school in Canada as school fees are double that for Canadian students. So there is no point in applying for an Educational Visa. We cannot afford a lawyer or even an immigration consultant. I have already contacted our local MP but I doubt that this will produce much effect.

I just feel so overwhelmed and despaired. I see the stories of people waiting for 3 years to get through an appeal process, and my eyes just well up with tears at the thought. I hate my country for pretending to be such humanitarians and touting our multiculturalism while having this insane immigration process.

Can someone please help me with ordering the records from his interview? I don't know where to apply for that.

Peachnibbler.
Despairing Naija wife...up late and cannot sleep!

bbccanada said:
Sorry about the news but i encourage you to still believing something very positive wIll come out in the letter. As i said the Accra office can do so many things to discourage people to give up but nothing is impossible with the help of God. I don't know where the officer is not satisfies in you case so i can say much but i pray you get a good knows by the grace of God.

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
20-01-2017 in process Accra 02-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
Peachnibbler said:
We received our refusal letter today by email, as I suspected. They stated that they told my husband their concerns but he did nothing to change their opinion that our relationship is not genuine. The officer was very aggressive, accusing my husband of having another passport for travelling abroad because, GET THIS, he did not have a Nigerian accent in her opinion. Her logic is astounding. She also accused him of being poor and looking for a rich woman on the internet to marry so he could come to Canada. She was rude about the fact that we could not afford and therefore did not have a posh reception and instead because of convenience to friends and family - some of whom could not come for fear of losing their jobs (on a Wednesday work day at 9:30am), had a brief meal in the parking lot of the Ikoyi Registry. She saw my husband as unemotional (he's a straightforward calm cool guy) and didn't ask him any questions about me. So in his mind, he answered her questions and he didn't see how she could come to her conclusion that our relationship was genuine. She told him that she felt he would run away once he got to Canada.

I have filed an appeal but I am not looking forward to spending more time away from my beloved husband. We have spent all we have keeping our two separate homes afloat, keeping my husband in university and applying for visitor's visas and sponsorship costs. I cannot keep my husband in school this term which makes him less employable in an already high unemployment country.

My friends and family in Canada simply do not understand...and don't know how to support me. I have asked if anyone would offer him a job but no one has come forward. So a work visa is out of the question. I cannot afford to send him to school in Canada as school fees are double that for Canadian students. So there is no point in applying for an Educational Visa. We cannot afford a lawyer or even an immigration consultant. I have already contacted our local MP but I doubt that this will produce much effect.

I just feel so overwhelmed and despaired. I see the stories of people waiting for 3 years to get through an appeal process, and my eyes just well up with tears at the thought. I hate my country for pretending to be such humanitarians and touting our multiculturalism while having this insane immigration process.

Can someone please help me with ordering the records from his interview? I don't know where to apply for that.

Peachnibbler.
Despairing Naija wife...up late and cannot sleep!
Sorry about this heart breaking news and i know how you feel but be strong it shall be well. Follow the link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp to order the chip note for what was said in the interview. click the link access to information request and you need to download to forms: Imm 5563 to be filled by you (sponsor) and IMM5744 the consent form to be filled by your husband (principle applicant). You can fill both and attach him a copy to sign and scan it back to you to send to them. Then you need to $5 for fee either by credit card payment online or money order at the post office before sending the request. If you have any question regarding filling the form send me a message. Good luck and pls take it easy cos i know how these things can bring people down.

Peachnibbler

Star Member
Jun 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2013
Interview........
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Declined
Thank you. My husband has the form and I hope will email it back to me soon. I can then apply online. I understand it may take 5-6 weeks to get the info. I have the appeal forms and will mail them out today.

My very precious mother-in-law called me last night to tell me that God is with us. Brought tears to my eyes as she spoke of her faith. As she told me not to cry, I just felt so loved and cared for. God is wonderful even in the midst of our pain.

Peachnibbler

bbccanada said:
Sorry about this heart breaking news and i know how you feel but be strong it shall be well. Follow the link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp to order the chip note for what was said in the interview. click the link access to information request and you need to download to forms: Imm 5563 to be filled by you (sponsor) and IMM5744 the consent form to be filled by your husband (principle applicant). You can fill both and attach him a copy to sign and scan it back to you to send to them. Then you need to $5 for fee either by credit card payment online or money order at the post office before sending the request. If you have any question regarding filling the form send me a message. Good luck and pls take it easy cos i know how these things can bring people down.

lonelywife

Jul 15, 2013
canadianwoman said:
This is just the ordinary letter they send applicants when they want to interview them. You and your husband can practice possible interview questions. He should know all about you and your life in Canada, and should make sure whatever is written in the forms is consistent with his answers now.He should bring these things they have asked for. If some of the originals were submitted with the application, that`s OK, but if you sumitted copies, he should take the originals with him now. For the proof of communication, they also want proof that dates from after the application was submitted up until the date of the interview. If he doesn`t have all of the historical identification they list, that is OK too, as the ones they mention are examples. If he doesn`t have a birth certificate or school documents or previous passports, for example, that will be OK. If he does have them, he should bring them.He will have to give these documents to the reception desk when he arrives for the interview. I would make a list of the documents he will give them, and include one copy with the documents and keep one copy for after the interview when they give the documents back. This is not necessary, but Accra sometimes `loses`things.If your husband cannot speak English (or French) well enough to be interviewed, he can bring an interpreter with him, but he will have to arrange for the interpreter and pay him or her. It is your decision whether he needs an interpreter. Keep in mind 1. the visa officers will be more used to a West African accent than the average Canadian, and 2. if you speak only English, and he needs an interpreter because his English is not good enough, the visa officer may question how you two communicate.They send this to everyone who will be interviewed. When you submitted the application, did you pay all the fees? If you did, you don`t need to pay anything more. If you did not pay the RPRF, you can pay it now, or you can wait until they say he has been accepted for a visa. If you wait, it will delay the issuing of the visa a bit.
@Canadianwoman thank you :)

lonelywife

Jul 15, 2013
@canadianwoman thank you very helpful.
@Dan thank you.
our timeline is filed December 2012, received approval in January 2013, additional documents requested in June 2013, interview requested for September 2013. Hope this is helpful.

Peachnibbler

Star Member
Jun 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2013
Interview........
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Declined
Thanks BBC.
May I ask if you hired a lawyer? I'd also love any insight you can provide on the process. Thankfully I am not one to despair for long though I may have my moments. I am a feisty woman who loves her man and no stupid white chick officer is going to keep me from him. I will rip her a new one! My husband has the form and is working on getting it back to me. So we are simply chillin' until we know what happens after I send in the form for his case notes. I know it may take several weeks to get this.

PeachNibbler

bbccanada said:

Peachnibbler

Star Member
Jun 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2013
Interview........
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Declined
We just had our interview. Here's some recent advice from August 28th interview. Make sure your spouse conveys emotion when speaking about you and your relationship. Make sure that when he answers questions that seem to be just about himself, that he includes you in his response.

For example, what kind of hobbies do you have?
Answer, My wife and I both enjoy music, reading and movies. We have the same tastes in books and movies. We also enjoy playing Scrabble.

If the officer accuses your husband of something ridiculous - like not having a Nigerian accent, make sure that he has a reasonable explanation or that he is able to explain why the officer is incorrect.

For example - RE: ACCENT - "That's interesting because no one has ever said that to me before. My wife actually has trouble understanding some words that I say because of my accent. I do speak fluent Yoruba and my wife is learning to speak Yoruba. I am happy to speak in Yoruba for you if that would help you to hear my accent better."

OR: "I've never travelled outside of Nigeria except for this interview, so I'm not sure why you think my accent is not Nigerian. I have a Nigerian birth certificate and Nigerian parents. Maybe it is because my dad travelled abroad a lot when I was a child."

OR: "Actually when my wife and I applied for a visitor's visa for Canada, I was declined because I had not travelled outside of Nigeria. So it seems illogical that I would have a secret passport with visa stamps and not have used this to get a visitor's visa to Canada."

For example, regarding financial issues, accusation of being poor.
"Well my wife is poor compared to Donald Trump! and I am rich compared to people who live at the refuse dump. I own my house so I and so does my wife so I am not sure how you can consider me poor. It's all relative."

Good luck from another lonely wife,
PeachNibbler

lonelywife said:
@ canadianwoman thank you very helpful.
@ Dan thank you.
our timeline is filed December 2012, received approval in January 2013, additional documents requested in June 2013, interview requested for September 2013. Hope this is helpful.

Daisyd5

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Peachnibbler said:
Thanks BBC.
May I ask if you hired a lawyer? I'd also love any insight you can provide on the process. Thankfully I am not one to despair for long though I may have my moments. I am a feisty woman who loves her man and no stupid white chick officer is going to keep me from him. I will rip her a new one! My husband has the form and is working on getting it back to me. So we are simply chillin' until we know what happens after I send in the form for his case notes. I know it may take several weeks to get this.

PeachNibbler

I'm sorry to hear about your story! But you're right, stand up for yourself and for your husband and with God's will it will work out. My husband and I hired an immigration lawyer and although we are not done yet with the process it makes everything easier. Given your situation I think it's the best thing you can do. I wish you guys all the best and may God help you in this difficult time

lnd_dan

Jun 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2013
Nomination.....
16-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-05-2013
File Transfer...
14-08-2013
Med's Request
28-08-2013
Med's Done....
29-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2013
LANDED..........
19-10-2013
Hello all,
Please kindly give me an idea the likely questions asked during the interview. my spouse was ask to bring the original marriage certificate and pix then pay the PRF which we paid at the initial submission of our application.
any suggestion on likely question interview is in Oct.
Thank you

Daisyd5

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
lnd_dan said:
Hello all,
Please kindly give me an idea the likely questions asked during the interview. my spouse was ask to bring the original marriage certificate and pix then pay the PRF which we paid at the initial submission of our application.
any suggestion on likely question interview is in Oct.
Thank you
Hi

If you through the different pages of this forum someone posted 50 questions that they ask during interviews. Also someone else posted that they were both asked for their position on adoption.

lnd_dan

Jun 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2013
Nomination.....
16-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-05-2013
File Transfer...
14-08-2013
Med's Request
28-08-2013
Med's Done....
29-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2013
LANDED..........
19-10-2013
Daisyd5 said:
Hi

If you through the different pages of this forum someone posted 50 questions that they ask during interviews. Also someone else posted that they were both asked for their position on adoption.
@Daisy, Thank you I saw the questions.
I appreciate.
Dan

sweetwine

Jun 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
AOR Received.
20-06-2013
File Transfer...
24-06-2013
Med's Done....
11-05-2013
Passport Req..
25-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
LANDED..........
23-10-2013
Hello everyone. Does accra visa office have another email? I've been trying to send an email to them with this email- accra.immigration@international.gc.ca I keep getting a failure delivery. Secondly, how does requesting for additional information for further processing affect the application(I'm talking time-wise) does it delay the application. God pls hasten the process for everyone. Its really not easy but I know its worth it.

Daisyd5

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
sweetwine said:
Hello everyone. Does accra visa office have another email? I've been trying to send an email to them with this email- accra.immigration @ international.gc.ca I keep getting a failure delivery. Secondly, how does requesting for additional information for further processing affect the application(I'm talking time-wise) does it delay the application. God pls hasten the process for everyone. Its really not easy but I know its worth it.
Hi! You need to check your link online but to my knowledge there is only one address. They do have a fax number you can try....

I got asked as well for additional documentation. The good news is that means they are going through your file, the bad news is it does add some time I think

Daisyd5

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Hi everyone!

I am sponsoring my husband through Accra. I have been accepted as a sponsor and now our file is in Accra to be processed. My husband wanted to apply for a tourist visa to come see me for Christmas. Anyone of you done this ? Have you need refused?

Thanks