+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

Ghanawife

Sep 11, 2012
stressful said:
What was exactly the time line after the appeal process hearing? was your husband interviewed also on the phone? please respond for help...... :'( :'( :'( :(
Sorry for the delay....I've been putting things in order for husbands arrival to Canada next week. ;D
Yes, during the full appeal hearing we both were interviewed. I was questioned for about an hour and half. And I needed to provide phone cards for my husband to be questioned over the phone and they did that for over an hour as well. It was very stressful and emotional....I was told during the hearing that we won. We are Alonso there now.... One week today he will be in my arms :-*

sweetwine

Jun 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
AOR Received.
20-06-2013
File Transfer...
24-06-2013
Med's Done....
11-05-2013
Passport Req..
25-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
LANDED..........
23-10-2013
Accra V.O processing times has gone up by a month. Its now 14months instead of 13. That not withstanding, I still believe we will all get our visas very soon by God's Grace. Amen.

stressful

Aug 3, 2013
Ghanawife said:
Sorry for the delay....I've been putting things in order for husbands arrival to Canada next week. ;D
Yes, during the full appeal hearing we both were interviewed. I was questioned for about an hour and half. And I needed to provide phone cards for my husband to be questioned over the phone and they did that for over an hour as well. It was very stressful and emotional....I was told during the hearing that we won. We are Alonso there now.... One week today he will be in my arms :-*
Thank you so much for the quick response, Please Can you help me (tell me) some of the question ask your husband on the phone? our hearing is coming up on next month, i will be so helpful and appreciated. and how long you and your husband had to wait for after the hearing and interview be the issue of visa? please i will appreciate your response a lots.....

Chubster33

Jun 3, 2013
I spoke to a co-worker that sponsored his wife through Accra office
I have his permission to share his expirence with his spousal sponsorship. He was not aware of this forum

Wife was issued a visa on August 1.

TIMELINE

App Filed Feb 2013
Approved by Mississauga March 2013
File sent to Ghana March 2013
Medicals and police clearances done prior and attached to application sent to Mississauga

He is 11 years older than his wife.
Wife interviewed for an hour.
The marraige was arranged, married 4 months after they first met.
They had a traditional Ghanaian ceremony he was in canada.
The groom could not attend he was represented at the ceremony. (the bride's father will not back down on the $5,000 pride price on top of the list of items they demanded).
An affidavit was sworn to verify the veracity of his absence.
There were about 100 guests at the ceremony.

Wife was issued visa same day after the interview.

Just thought I would share this here with his permission.

Daisyd5

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Hi Everyone!

Accra asked for a police certificate for my husband's file which we sent and that Accra received last Friday August 9th. How long will it take to hear back from them?

sweetwine

Jun 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
AOR Received.
20-06-2013
File Transfer...
24-06-2013
Med's Done....
11-05-2013
Passport Req..
25-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
LANDED..........
23-10-2013
Daisyd5 said:
Hi Everyone!

Accra asked for a police certificate for my husband's file which we sent and that Accra received last Friday August 9th. How long will it take to hear back from them?
Daisyd5, that's good to know. There is communication. But I'm curious, did he send a police report earlier with the application or this is the first time he sending it?

Daisyd5

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
sweetwine said:
Daisyd5, that's good to know. There is communication. But I'm curious, did he send a police report earlier with the application or this is the first time he sending it?
What happened was we sent the relevant police certificate but before we sent the papers my husband was in the US. By the time Accra looked at the papers it has been 6 months he was in te US so they asked for and FBI certificate. We didn't send this innitialy as when we sent the papers it's had not been 6 months my husband was in the US and we didn't know how long he would stay so we didn't think to send one

sweetwine

Jun 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
AOR Received.
20-06-2013
File Transfer...
24-06-2013
Med's Done....
11-05-2013
Passport Req..
25-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
LANDED..........
23-10-2013
Daisyd5 said:
What happened was we sent the relevant police certificate but before we sent the papers my husband was in the US. By the time Accra looked at the papers it has been 6 months he was in te US so they asked for and FBI certificate. We didn't send this innitialy as when we sent the papers it's had not been 6 months my husband was in the US and we didn't know how long he would stay so we didn't think to send one
Ok. Understood! Its obvious they are working on your application anyway. God's favor on us all. Cheers...

Daisyd5

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
sweetwine said:
Ok. Understood! Its obvious they are working on your application anyway. God's favor on us all. Cheers...
Cheers! May God help us and I really hope we are all reunited as quickly as possible!

Peachnibbler

Star Member
Jun 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2013
Interview........
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Declined
I have emailed Accra and received a reply. It took about 3-4 weeks to get a reply and they did not answer all of my questions.

PeachNibbler

Daisyd5 said:
Hi guys! Has anyone tried to email Accra to get an update on their file? Have they answered?
Thank you!

Peachnibbler

Star Member
Jun 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2013
Interview........
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Declined
Wow, that is quite amazing and gives me hope as I am 17 years older than my husband and we were both at our wedding. LOL! It's also interesting that they got such a quick response. In fact, their file was processed sooner than ours and we applied before them.

It's just so difficult to predict what will happen as everyone's situation is unique. Sometimes it just feels like there is no rhyme or reason. I suppose that is what comes from having different immigration officers.

By the way, 10 days to my husband's interview in Accra. Please pray for us!

PeachNibbler

Chubster33 said:
I spoke to a co-worker that sponsored his wife through Accra office
I have his permission to share his expirence with his spousal sponsorship. He was not aware of this forum

Wife was issued a visa on August 1.

TIMELINE

App Filed Feb 2013
Approved by Mississauga March 2013
File sent to Ghana March 2013
Medicals and police clearances done prior and attached to application sent to Mississauga

He is 11 years older than his wife.
Wife interviewed for an hour.
The marraige was arranged, married 4 months after they first met.
They had a traditional Ghanaian ceremony he was in canada.
The groom could not attend he was represented at the ceremony. (the bride's father will not back down on the $5,000 pride price on top of the list of items they demanded).
An affidavit was sworn to verify the veracity of his absence.
There were about 100 guests at the ceremony.

Wife was issued visa same day after the interview.

Just thought I would share this here with his permission.

cheflorraine

Aug 28, 2012
Hello Everybody,

My husband has an interview on August 28th. We were married on Nov. 7th, 2012, submitted our application on Nov. 15th and I was accepted as a sponsor on Dec. 7th. I visited Ghana twice: 2 months the first time and 4 months the second time. We've known each other for almost two years. Two months ago I had him apply for a visitor's visa and when he went for the interview they gave him a date for the sponsorship interview instead. We were very happy about that and it's in 10 days.

I sent him lots of photos of our wedding and party along with vacations we took, etc. He also has all the documents they requested, phone logs, etc. for evidence of our continued contact.

Only God knows what will happen. It's nerve racking just waiting and preparing.

cheflorraine

Aug 28, 2012
My husband has not gone for a medical yet because I understand that CIC will give him the documents he needs for it when he goes for the interview. If anyone has information about when to get the medical please let us know. Thanks.