+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

lonelywife

Jul 15, 2013
bbccanada said:
Thanks for sharing your experience my wife got an interview in November and they also requested the following:

Birth Cert, Marriage cert, pictures for our marriage, proof of communicationi such as phone bills, email,picture and she was also ask to bring her school documents,birth cert or previous passport. I don't think you should worry cos accra is one of those VO that can ask anything they want and believe me the pictures you sent from your doctor will help a lot. My only advice is if your husband is sending them his school cert let him attached that with some pictures he took at the school during his school days if he has one. Good luck and all the best
hi guys my husband just got email for an interview for sept 2013 am excited and grateful to God. they asking for more proofs tho what does it mean???? this is nerve wracking I miss my husband soo much am sick everyday. I haven't been with my husband for a year now..am hoping they grant him his visa same day cuz this wait is killing us both

lonelywife

Jul 15, 2013
Thank u soo much ;D ;D ;D I just received an email advising my husband to come for an interview in sept for an interview and it reads like this:

The purpose of this interview will be to determine your eligibility for admission to Canada, and if applicable, to provide counselling on life there.

Unless you have been specifically instructed otherwise by the officer, all of your accompanying family members over the age of 16 should be present for the interview as well. If any are absent, processing of your application may be delayed.

Please bring the following original documents with you to the interview:

•Your marriage certificate.

•Photos of your marriage ceremony (if you are being sponsored by your spouse).

•Proof of communication (i.e. photos, letters, E-mails, phone bills) between you and your sponsor, and any other documentation you may have in respect to your relationship.

•Historical identification such as school documents, birth certificates, previous passports etc. (Please bring originals of documents to interview if not already submitted).

PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL REQUESTED DOCUMENTS MUST BE SUBMITTED TO THE RECEPTIONIST WHEN YOU CHECK IN FOR THE INTERVIEW. DOCUMENTS NOT SUBMITTED PRIOR TO THE INTERVIEW MAY NOT BE CONSIDERED AT THE INTERVIEW.

Please note that interviews scheduled in Accra will be conducted in English or French, the official language of your choice. If you require an interpreter in any other language or dialect, it is your responsibility to make the necessary arrangements for an interpreter, including payment for his/her services. If you arrive at interview and the officer is unable to conduct the interview due to your inability in English or French or the absence of an interpreter, the interview will not take place. Your application may then be assessed based on the information on file, and this may result in an unfavourable decision.

If your sponsor has not already done so they may wish to consider paying the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga at this time. Please note that if no visa is issued to you, this fee is fully refundable.

PLEASE NOTE

If you are unable to attend the interview on the date and time indicated, you must inform us well in advance, giving a substantive reason why you are unable to attend. If you fail to keep your appointment, and we have not otherwise heard from you WITHIN 60 DAYS of your scheduled interview, we will have to assume that you are no longer interested in going to Canada and your application will be refused.

Do not give up employment, dispose of household effects or make travel or any other arrangement until you have received notice that you are accepted for immigration. There is no assurance at this stage that a visa will be granted to you.

Please bring this letter, any relevant supporting documents, and your passport with you when you appear for your appointment.

A copy of this letter has been sent to your sponsor in Canada, if applicable.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Regards,

Immigration Section (SSA)

PLz help us understand this what does it mean?????? my nerves is out of control now its like they give u good news with mixed messages oh God plz help I cant take this any longer

lonelywife

Jul 15, 2013
kun said:
@ lonelywife. U can use ur UCI number go thru cic website then u click on check application status. Hope this help
thank u Kun ;D

My husband just received an email to come for interview Sept 18 at 10 am am excited and grateful to God and I pray it all goes well for us..i haven't been with my husband for a year now my last trip to Ghana was a year ago.
Plz can someone explain what this means???? am freaking out here..(sighs)
The purpose of this interview will be to determine your eligibility for admission to Canada, and if applicable, to provide counselling on life there.

Unless you have been specifically instructed otherwise by the officer, all of your accompanying family members over the age of 16 should be present for the interview as well. If any are absent, processing of your application may be delayed.

•Proof of communication (i.e. photos, letters, E-mails, phone bills) between you and your sponsor, and any other documentation you may have in respect to your relationship.
•Historical identification such as school documents, birth certificates, previous passports etc. (Please bring originals of documents to interview if not already submitted).

PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL REQUESTED DOCUMENTS MUST BE SUBMITTED TO THE RECEPTIONIST WHEN YOU CHECK IN FOR THE INTERVIEW. DOCUMENTS NOT SUBMITTED PRIOR TO THE INTERVIEW MAY NOT BE CONSIDERED AT THE INTERVIEW.

Please note that interviews scheduled in Accra will be conducted in English or French, the official language of your choice. If you require an interpreter in any other language or dialect, it is your responsibility to make the necessary arrangements for an interpreter, including payment for his/her services. If you arrive at interview and the officer is unable to conduct the interview due to your inability in English or French or the absence of an interpreter, the interview will not take place. Your application may then be assessed based on the information on file, and this may result in an unfavourable decision.

If your sponsor has not already done so they may wish to consider paying the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga at this time. Please note that if no visa is issued to you, this fee is fully refundable.

PLEASE NOTE

If you are unable to attend the interview on the date and time indicated, you must inform us well in advance, giving a substantive reason why you are unable to attend. If you fail to keep your appointment, and we have not otherwise heard from you WITHIN 60 DAYS of your scheduled interview, we will have to assume that you are no longer interested in going to Canada and your application will be refused.

Do not give up employment, dispose of household effects or make travel or any other arrangement until you have received notice that you are accepted for immigration. There is no assurance at this stage that a visa will be granted to you.

Please bring this letter, any relevant supporting documents, and your passport with you when you appear for your appointment.

A copy of this letter has been sent to your sponsor in Canada, if applicable.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Regards,
Immigration Section (SSA)

inlimbo

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-2009
File Transfer...
18-06-2009
Interview........
02-06-10
sweetwine said:
Thanks iniimbo.
I haven't seen anything about Accra striking.

sweetwine

Jun 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
AOR Received.
20-06-2013
File Transfer...
24-06-2013
Med's Done....
11-05-2013
Passport Req..
25-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
LANDED..........
23-10-2013
inlimbo said:
I haven't seen anything about Accra striking.
Thanks, let's all just be optimistic.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
lonelywife said:
This is just the ordinary letter they send applicants when they want to interview them. You and your husband can practice possible interview questions. He should know all about you and your life in Canada, and should make sure whatever is written in the forms is consistent with his answers now.
¨¨ said:
He should bring these things they have asked for. If some of the originals were submitted with the application, that`s OK, but if you sumitted copies, he should take the originals with him now. For the proof of communication, they also want proof that dates from after the application was submitted up until the date of the interview. If he doesn`t have all of the historical identification they list, that is OK too, as the ones they mention are examples. If he doesn`t have a birth certificate or school documents or previous passports, for example, that will be OK. If he does have them, he should bring them.
¨¨ said:
He will have to give these documents to the reception desk when he arrives for the interview. I would make a list of the documents he will give them, and include one copy with the documents and keep one copy for after the interview when they give the documents back. This is not necessary, but Accra sometimes `loses`things.
¨¨ said:
If your husband cannot speak English (or French) well enough to be interviewed, he can bring an interpreter with him, but he will have to arrange for the interpreter and pay him or her. It is your decision whether he needs an interpreter. Keep in mind 1. the visa officers will be more used to a West African accent than the average Canadian, and 2. if you speak only English, and he needs an interpreter because his English is not good enough, the visa officer may question how you two communicate.
¨¨ said:
They send this to everyone who will be interviewed. When you submitted the application, did you pay all the fees? If you did, you don`t need to pay anything more. If you did not pay the RPRF, you can pay it now, or you can wait until they say he has been accepted for a visa. If you wait, it will delay the issuing of the visa a bit.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
lonelywife said:
If your husband does not go to the interview, he should tell them he cannot go ahead of time. If he does not go, the visa office will wait 60 days for him to contact them and explain why he missed the interview. If he does not, they will finish processing his file, and he will probably be rejected. So it`s best for him to just go to the interview. If an emergency comes up and he cannot, he should tell them and get the interview rescheduled.
¨¨ said:
They just mean that this letter does not mean he will get the PR visa for sure. So he should not make plans to go to Canada - he should wait until after the interview, when he will find out if he was accepted or not, and only once he knows he has been accepted should he quit his job, sell his car or house or whatever, and buy a plane ticket to Canada.

This letter is the generic form letter they send to everyone who will be interviewed. It is neither good news nor bad news. He should take this letter, his passport, and the other documents they ask for with him to the interview.

ALLTHINGSAREPOSSIBLE

Feb 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-2012
Interview........
05-2016
ALLTHINGSAREPOSSIBLE said:
I'm sponsoring my husband. We received a email from accra asking for the following info
1) payment of deportation fees ( my husband is still in Canada, haven't been deported. I don't think Accra realize.
2) Police clearance
3) Bio page of Nigerian passport

Can anyone tell me what this mean plssss.....God bless you as you do so
CAN SOMEONE PLS ANSWER MY QUESTIONS PLSSS

ANigerian

Mar 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ALLTHINGSAREPOSSIBLE said:
CAN SOMEONE PLS ANSWER MY QUESTIONS PLSSS
Hi

The reason you do not seem to be getting a response is that you have not provided details of why he is been asked to pay deportation fees, or what are the circumstances surrounding your unique application. Give more details and help will come!

The PCC and bio-data page are standard requests, once again, without knowing your exact scenario!

Peace!

ALLTHINGSAREPOSSIBLE

Feb 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-2012
Interview........
05-2016
THX for reply.

His refugee claim was declined and PPRA was rejected. But he have not been sent back yet but might be soon. I'm not sure if accra realize this.

Also, they asked for police clearance. Doesnt this happen at the final stage?

Thanks again

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
The police clearances are supposed to be sent in with the application at the beginning. If he hasn`t sent them yet, he should get them and send them now.
He should reply to the email and send them what they asked for. A copy of the bio page of his passport, his police certificates from anywhere he has spent more than 6 months since the age of 18 (except Canada), and an explanation that he has not been deported yet and so has nothing to pay.

lnd_dan

Jun 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2013
Nomination.....
16-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-05-2013
File Transfer...
14-08-2013
Med's Request
28-08-2013
Med's Done....
29-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2013
LANDED..........
19-10-2013
Hi Lonelywife, i sent you a PM
Dan

sweetwine

Jun 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2013
AOR Received.
20-06-2013
File Transfer...
24-06-2013
Med's Done....
11-05-2013
Passport Req..
25-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
LANDED..........
23-10-2013
fernendez said:
Congrats to those whose Visas have been issued. Accra will answer the rest as well.
Amen. I pray so.