+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

rabu

Sep 18, 2012
inlimbo said:
I've never heard of knowing when a final review will be done. That's interesting. I will inquire about that with my MPs office. I heard news this week; I'm gutted that they're still doing background checks.

Receipt of the medicals took 7 weeks in our case.
I suggest that you send a case specific inquiry noting when the medicals were done. I don't think they will do a final review without the results...
However, whatever I've thought about this ordeal has never been bang on.

Best of luck. You will be ok!
thanks yes we have sent them right away as soon as he finished his exam to let them know. but i came up with this

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob423.asp

i dunno why the people that are handling our papers did not bring it up to us . and my husband redid his medical exam. and payed 200 dollars

inlimbo

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-2009
File Transfer...
18-06-2009
Interview........
02-06-10
rabu said:
thanks yes we have sent them right away as soon as he finished his exam to let them know. but i came up with this

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob423.asp

i dunno why the people that are handling our papers did not bring it up to us . and my husband redid his medical exam. and payed 200 dollars
Was he told to redo the medicals?

inlimbo

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-2009
File Transfer...
18-06-2009
Interview........
02-06-10
rabu said:
yes he was . the visa office in accra contacted him and asked him to redo them
Never suspect Accra would be do kind as to apply the extension.

Also, perhaps it's because of the region they've chosen to not extend the previous results.

rabu

Sep 18, 2012
inlimbo said:
Never suspect Accra would be do kind as to apply the extension.

Also, perhaps it's because of the region they've chosen to not extend the previous results.
Its really long in accra the process, my husband is lebanese living in nigeria. if he applied from lebanon he would have been here by now. i know so many people in lebanon that applied from lebanon it took them only 7 monthsssss ! its ridiculous how longgg its taking .

kwacha

Oct 15, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
accra (Ghana)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-2012
File Transfer...
10-10-2012
Med's Request
08-07-2012
Interview........
21-05-2013
Accra has asked for an interview.
we got our caips notes last week and they mentioned they were unsure of the development of relationship.
so we were expecting the interview ..

Interview at the Canadian High Commission in Accra on 21st, May 2013 at 8:00am

Please bring the following original documents with you to the interview:

Your marriage certificate.
Photos of your marriage ceremony (if you are being sponsored by your spouse).
Proof of communication (i.e. photos, letters, E-mails, phone bills) between you and your sponsor, and any other documentation you may have in respect to your relationship. Evidence of your relationship development from when you first started talking on the phone 17 April 2012 until present. This should include but is not limited to: all evidence of communication, evidence of visits, travel, photos, financial support, etc.
Historical identification such as school documents, birth certificates, previous passports etc. (Please bring originals of documents to interview if not already submitted).

thank you all for your support!!

Jermiah29_11

Jan 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-02-2013
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
28-01-2013
Interview........
07-05-2013
Passport Req..
13-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-05-2013
LANDED..........
31-08-2013
kwacha said:
Accra has asked for an interview.
we got our caips notes last week and they mentioned they were unsure of the development of relationship.
so we were expecting the interview ..

Interview at the Canadian High Commission in Accra on 21st, May 2013 at 8:00am

Please bring the following original documents with you to the interview:

Your marriage certificate.
Photos of your marriage ceremony (if you are being sponsored by your spouse).
Proof of communication (i.e. photos, letters, E-mails, phone bills) between you and your sponsor, and any other documentation you may have in respect to your relationship. Evidence of your relationship development from when you first started talking on the phone 17 April 2012 until present. This should include but is not limited to: all evidence of communication, evidence of visits, travel, photos, financial support, etc.
Historical identification such as school documents, birth certificates, previous passports etc. (Please bring originals of documents to interview if not already submitted).

thank you all for your support!!
Kwacha,

I am just wondering. Did you not hand in anything like they ask above with your original application? Had you already sent in pictures and print outs of your communication? Just wondering if you don't mind. Thank you.

kwacha

Oct 15, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
accra (Ghana)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-2012
File Transfer...
10-10-2012
Med's Request
08-07-2012
Interview........
21-05-2013
@Jermiah29_11.. we did.. but Aril 17 was the first day we met in person.

kwacha

Oct 15, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
accra (Ghana)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-2012
File Transfer...
10-10-2012
Med's Request
08-07-2012
Interview........
21-05-2013
Dear ............:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order to continue processing your application, an interview is required. We are therefore pleased to advise that you are required to attend an interview at the location, date and time indicated below:

DOES this mean they cannot issue visa on same day??? as in the just want the interview to continue processing???... pliz help me understand.

And is it necessary for both of us to travel?

does anyone know any hotel names close to the embassy.. thank you everyone

abauwa

Apr 5, 2013
hello Kwacha,
I think they can issue the visa the same day if all goes well (which I believe will) cos interview time is in the morning. just send in all they asked for and whatever you have to prove genuineness of r`ship. excess meat will not spoil the soup. Traveling together depends on you

kwacha

Oct 15, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
accra (Ghana)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-2012
File Transfer...
10-10-2012
Med's Request
08-07-2012
Interview........
21-05-2013
abauwa said:
hello Kwacha,
I think they can issue the visa the same day if all goes well (which I believe will) cos interview time is in the morning. just send in all they asked for and whatever you have to prove genuineness of r`ship. excess meat will not spoil the soup. Traveling together depends on you
Thank you so much

chenny

Star Member
Nov 7, 2012
you dont have to go together,the applicant/the person been sponsored is the only one needed.if your sponsor go with you he/her might not be allowed to go in and it might even complicate matters cos he/she might be accused of not in canada at the time of processing,and no need to waste money.go with all necessary evidence and you will be fine

Agingonana

Dec 25, 2012
kwacha said:
Dear ............:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order to continue processing your application, an interview is required. We are therefore pleased to advise that you are required to attend an interview at the location, date and time indicated below:

DOES this mean they cannot issue visa on same day??? as in the just want the interview to continue processing???... pliz help me understand.

And is it necessary for both of us to travel?

does anyone know any hotel names close to the embassy.. thank you everyone
you should check the hotel coconut grove is just a walking distance to the embassy you will just cross the street

Chichi57

Apr 11, 2013
In the case of an interview being waived, Does anyone know how long it takes for Accra to process Visa / Passport if you send it via courier instead of going in person?

kwacha

Oct 15, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
accra (Ghana)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-2012