+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

erinlephant

Nov 7, 2012
Please ,If you provide more than enough proof and document to show that the relationship is genuine, why does it takes so long for the VO to attend to your file, Must they wait for the processing time. its over two months since our file was transferred. CPC in canada is efficient, atleast you are guaranteed a time to get your file processed

chenny

Star Member
Nov 7, 2012
pls does any one knows accra immigration phone number cos my hubby got a missed call yesterday mid-night and we tried calling back but not going through.do accra call late in the night?any idea of the phone number cos the number is like 013......

erinlephant

Nov 7, 2012
chenny said:
pls does any one knows accra immigration phone number cos my hubby got a missed call yesterday mid-night and we tried calling back but not going through.do accra call late in the night?any idea of the phone number cos the number is like 013......
Check the contact us section, click on visa section, Call the number ,PRESS 0 aftter language option, dont mind the useless voice prompt, it will take you to a customer representative

chenny

Star Member
Nov 7, 2012
i have tried that number before,a lady picked it up and she told me the visa section doesn't pick calls.

erinlephant

Nov 7, 2012
chenny said:
i have tried that number before,a lady picked it up and she told me the visa section doesn't pick calls.
That was a message system, you need to press 1 for language,listen to the options, don't choose the option for Visa section, choose a technical option then press 0, It will direct you to a customer representative, then when then staff picks up ,then bit around some questions before talking about the main reason you are calling. ;)

chenny

Star Member
Nov 7, 2012
FOR THOSE WHO HAVE INTERVIEW ON NOV 28TH,I GOT THESE FOR YOU,YOU COULD DISCUSS THIS WITH YOUR SPOUSE BEFORE THE INTERVIEW.I LEARN THE INTERVIEW IS LIKE 8HRS DEPENDING WITH BREAKS INBTW THOUGH.GO THROUGH THIS WITH YOU SPOUSE AND HOPEFULLY IT WILL BE HELPFUL.THESE ARE MOST LIKELY QUESTIONS TO BE ASKED BY THE IMMIGRATION OFFICER.
These are the quetions that someone else shared with me

Please see below:
1. When and where did you meet your spouse for the first time?

2. How did you meet your spouse?

3. How old is your spouse? What is your spouse's birth date?

4. What does your spouse do for a living?

5. Where did your spouse go to school'?

6. What degrees or formal training does your spouse have?

7. How did your spouse immigrate to Canada?

8. Where does your spouse work?

9. What is the name of the company? What position does your spouse hold? How long has your spouse worked there?

10. What does the job entail?

I l. Does your spouse like his or her job?

12. What is the salary?

13. Where does your spouse live?

14. Whom does your spouse live with?

15. Where are you going to live when you go to Canada?

16. Please explain the type of relationship you have had since your first meeting.

17. What is your religion?

18. What is the religion of your spouse?

18. When you and your spouse were dating what would you do together?

19. Do you have any hobbies? Describe them.

20. Does your spouse have any hobbies? Describe them.

21. What type of music do you enjoy?

22. What type of music does your spouse enjoy?

23. What kind of movies do you enjoy?

24. What kind of movies does your spouse enjoy?

25. What kind of books do you read?

26. What kind of books does your spouse read?

27. Have you and your spouse ever exchanged gifts? Explain.

28. When and where did the marriage proposal take place?

29. Was your marriage arranged?

30. If it was arranged describe how it was arranged and by whom?

31. Did you have a ceremony celebrating your relationship?

32. Where was it held?

33. When was it held?

34. Describe the ceremony?

35. Did it conform to your own religious and cultural beliefs? Explain.

36. When did you get married?

37. Where did you get married?

38. Who was at the wedding?

39. What family members were there?

40. How many people were at the ceremony?

41. What day was the ceremony held on?

42. Who performed the ceremony?

43. Do you have pictures of the ceremony?

44. Who was at the ceremony from your side?

45. Who was at the ceremony from your spouse's side?

46. Were any friends present?

47. How many brothers and sisters does your spouse have?

48. Were your parents at the wedding? If not, why not?

49. Are your parents aware of the wedding? If not, why not?

50. Where your spouse's parents at the wedding? If not, why not?

51. Were your spouse's parents aware of the wedding? If not, why not?

52. Was a reception held? When and where was it held?

53. Who was present at the reception?

54. Did you receive any wedding gifts? Describe them.

55. Did you on a honeymoon? Where did you go and for how long?

56. Can you show me pictures and receipts from the honeymoon, wedding and reception?

57. Have you or your spouse been married before?

58. Why was that relationship dissolved?

59. Do you have any children from your current relationship or marriage?

60. How many children?

61. What are the names and birth dates?

62. Where are the children now?

63. Who looks after the children?

64. Do any other family members reside with you and your spouse? If yes, please indicate their names and relationship.

65. What relatives do you have in Canada?

66. What are their names and where do they live?

67. What relatives do you have outside of Canada?

68. Has your spouse met any of your relatives or friends? Who have they met and when did they meet them?

69. Have you met any of your spouse's relatives or friends? Whom have you met and when did you meet them?

70. In terms of education, would you say that you and your spouse's educational background are compatible?

71. What will you do when you go to Canada'?

72. Why did you marry your spouse?

73. Since your marriage have you seen your spouse? If not, why not?

74. Do your family members (parents, siblings) want to immigrate to Canada?

75. Did you marry your spouse so that you could sponsor your parents as landed immigrants of Canada?

76. How do you correspond with your spouse?

77. How often do you talk on the phone?

78. Do you have phone bills, e-mails, cards, etc., and can I see them?

79. Tell me why this marriage or relationship is genuine.

80. What makes your relationship with your spouse different from that of a female/male friend?

81. Does your spouse support you financially?

82. Do you support your spouse financially?

83. If I refuse this application what will you do?

chenny

Star Member
Nov 7, 2012
I think the answer can be"i will not be happy,and that you have come these far,or you don't even want to think about that cos you have all the evidence to proof that your marriage is geniue.make sure you don't give then an alternative,don't say i will go to court or i will bring her in with student or visiting visa,dont say that.make sure you say it politely that you just believe it will be granted cos you have never though about a refusal and that you believe it will be granted.tell them you wouldn't even know where to pick the pieces of your life back that you don't want to think about it.ok.I hope this helped.I WISH YOU THE VERY BEST ON THE 28TH AND PRAY IT WILL COME OUT GLORIOUS.

ephyssy

Jun 29, 2012
Hi everyone,am sponsoring my wife in Nigeria,her application was sent to Mississauga on may 28,2012,application transferred to Ghana on august 13,2012.Please, i need someone to explain the following email sent to my wife from Accra last Thursday to me,is it possible to get a visa without interview or not? :eek:

High Commission of Canada
Immigration Section
P.O. Box 1639, 42 Independence Ave, Accra, Ghana
Fax (233-21) 211-524 -
Haut-commissariat du Canada
Service Immigration
B.P. 1639, 42 ave de l'Indépendance, Accra (Ghana)
Fax (233-21) 211-524 -
Date: November 15, 2012
UCI: 8************
*8*******
Application: F***********
*F********
File B**********
Name*************
Address*********
Nigeria
Dear :********
YOUR IMMIGRANT VISA(S) APPEAR READY TO BE ISSUED, IF THERE HAS BEEN NO CHANGE IN YOUR FAMILY CONFIGURATON. IF THERE HAVE BEEN ANY CHANGES, PLEASE CONTACT OUR OFFICE BEFORE PROCEEDING.
You are asked to appear IN PERSON within 30 days at the Canadian High Commission in Accra any Monday, at 8:00 a.m, for visa collection. You must bring this letter with you. If collected in person, the visa will be issued the same day.
Please note that our office is closed for public holidays, which include some Canadian and some Ghanaian holidays. Please verify the list of holidays on our website, to ensure that our office is open on the day you intend to visit:************
Alternately, you may also submit your passport(s) and documentation BY COURIER within 30 days. If you choose to submit your passport(s) by courier, you must pay ahead of time for the return courier costs to return your passport(s) to you, and must include a pre-paid courier slip.
The visa(s) will be valid until the expiry of your medical results on 30th, *******2013 or until the expiry of your passports, whichever is earliest.
Please note that we will strive to meet the foregoing service standards. There may, however, be occasions when we cannot issue your visas within these standards. Accordingly, you are advised not to commit to any travel plans, purchase tickets, or take any irrevocable action such as selling property, or resign employment until you have received your immigrant visas..
THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION AND DOCUMENTATION WILL BE REQUIRED TO ISSUE YOUR VISA:
PASSPORT
☐ Updated family information: you must advise us of any change in your marital status or family composition. All family members must be listed on your IMM8 application form. Failure to comply may result in a delay in the issuance of your visa.
☐ PASSPORTS. Check that:
There is an individual passport for each family member accompanying you to Canada. Children must have their own passport.
Each passport is valid for at least 6 months from the time you come for the visa.
Each passport has sufficient free pages (two required for our visa, plus pages for any transit visa)
☐ TWO (2) PHOTOS FOR EACH FAMILY MEMBER These photographs must be taken with a WHITE BACKGROUND, not be stapled, glued or pinned (you can paperclip or attach them using an envelope). The photographs must be unblemished as they will be used to produce your Permanent Resident Card once you are in Canada. Photograph specifications are included with this letter.
REMEMBER TO BRING THIS LETTER WITH YOU.
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR CITIZENS OF NIGERIA
E-Passport: We will only accept applications that include an e-passport. The Government of Nigeria has informed us that effective Dec 31, 2010 the older style of Nigerian Passport is no longer valid, regardless of the validity date on the passport. As we will only insert a visa in a passport with at least 6 months validity, we have stopped accepting the older style passport and require applicants to submit the new e-passport.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.
Regards,
Immigration Section(***)

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
20-01-2017 in process Accra 02-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
ephyssy said:
Hi everyone,am sponsoring my wife in Nigeria,her application was sent to Mississauga on may 28,2012,application transferred to Ghana on august 13,2012.Please, i need someone to explain the following email sent to my wife from Accra last Thursday to me,is it possible to get a visa without interview or not? :eek:

Immigration Section
Fax (233-21) 211-524 -
Service Immigration
Fax (233-21) 211-524 -
*8*******
*F********
File B**********
Name*************
Address*********
Nigeria
YOUR IMMIGRANT VISA(S) APPEAR READY TO BE ISSUED, IF THERE HAS BEEN NO CHANGE IN YOUR FAMILY CONFIGURATON. IF THERE HAVE BEEN ANY CHANGES, PLEASE CONTACT OUR OFFICE BEFORE PROCEEDING.
You are asked to appear IN PERSON within 30 days at the Canadian High Commission in Accra any Monday, at 8:00 a.m, for visa collection. You must bring this letter with you. If collected in person, the visa will be issued the same day.
Please note that our office is closed for public holidays, which include some Canadian and some Ghanaian holidays. Please verify the list of holidays on our website, to ensure that our office is open on the day you intend to visit:************
Alternately, you may also submit your passport(s) and documentation BY COURIER within 30 days. If you choose to submit your passport(s) by courier, you must pay ahead of time for the return courier costs to return your passport(s) to you, and must include a pre-paid courier slip.
The visa(s) will be valid until the expiry of your medical results on 30th, *******2013 or until the expiry of your passports, whichever is earliest.
Please note that we will strive to meet the foregoing service standards. There may, however, be occasions when we cannot issue your visas within these standards. Accordingly, you are advised not to commit to any travel plans, purchase tickets, or take any irrevocable action such as selling property, or resign employment until you have received your immigrant visas..
THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION AND DOCUMENTATION WILL BE REQUIRED TO ISSUE YOUR VISA:
PASSPORT
☐ Updated family information: you must advise us of any change in your marital status or family composition. All family members must be listed on your IMM8 application form. Failure to comply may result in a delay in the issuance of your visa.
☐ PASSPORTS. Check that:
There is an individual passport for each family member accompanying you to Canada. Children must have their own passport.
Each passport is valid for at least 6 months from the time you come for the visa.
Each passport has sufficient free pages (two required for our visa, plus pages for any transit visa)
☐ TWO (2) PHOTOS FOR EACH FAMILY MEMBER These photographs must be taken with a WHITE BACKGROUND, not be stapled, glued or pinned (you can paperclip or attach them using an envelope). The photographs must be unblemished as they will be used to produce your Permanent Resident Card once you are in Canada. Photograph specifications are included with this letter.
E-Passport: We will only accept applications that include an e-passport. The Government of Nigeria has informed us that effective Dec 31, 2010 the older style of Nigerian Passport is no longer valid, regardless of the validity date on the passport. As we will only insert a visa in a passport with at least 6 months validity, we have stopped accepting the older style passport and require applicants to submit the new e-passport.
Regards,
Immigration Section(***)
Congratulation, this is a positive news and they are ready to issue the visa without interview you are so lucky to get a visa without interview in that visa office wow! Please send them whatever they need as soon as possible and collect your visa before they ask for interview again. Good luck

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
ephyssy said:

Immigration Section
Fax (233-21) 211-524 -
Service Immigration
Fax (233-21) 211-524 -
*8*******
*F********
File B**********
Name*************
Address*********
Nigeria
PASSPORT
☐ PASSPORTS. Check that:
Regards,
Immigration Section(***)
I wanted to ask you is this your first ever application to sponsor your wife?

erinlephant

Nov 7, 2012
I know non of us works at the Visa Office but we post information based on our ongoing application and experience. My question is from the heading of the letter from ephyssy, it says Your Immigrant Visa appears ready to be issued. Does it mean they dont go through the file transfered until the Visa appears to be ready or the treat the file ensure that the visa is ready before invitation.

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
erinlephant said:
I know non of us works at the Visa Office but we post information based on our ongoing application and experience. My question is from the heading of the letter from ephyssy, it says Your Immigrant Visa appears ready to be issued. Does it mean they dont go through the file transfered until the Visa appears to be ready or the treat the file ensure that the visa is ready before invitation.
From what is in the letter it means they have review the file satisfy with his documentation and therefore ready to issue a visa without interview. Now all he has to do is to send the passport and get the visa that is it.