+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

Daboyjr

Dec 2, 2021
Copied from previous post:
SUBMITTING OF PASSPORTS TO VFS

NOTE THAT YOU CAN SUBMIT YOUR DOCUMENTS TO ANY VFS OF YOUR CHOICE WORLDWIDE (as long as your ppr letter does not specify), AND STILL GET YOUR COPR.

In fact, most VFS offices outside of Africa are a lot faster than that of Lagos, Abuja, Accra, and you can contact them directly for their process.

However, we have detailed the steps for VFS Lagos, Abuja, Accra, below should you decide to submit through them:

Gather all documents required by IRCC and VFS:

1. International Passport (for PA and all accompanying spouse/dependents)

2. 2 Passport Photographs(PA/spouse and dependents)

in IRCC format , 1 passport should be stamped at the back with date and signature of the photo studio, then you write your name and date of birth too. The other passport should be plain at the back i.e not stamped.

3. Passport Request Letter
This should be printed and stapled together

4. Height and Eye Colour Chart
This comes with the ppr letter too,fill this for PA and every accompanying spouse/ dependent

5. IMM008 (ONLY) for those with a change in family composition . If no change you can ignore or write a brief letter to confirm no change in family composition.

6. 2 CVAC form (according to your Biometrics receipt , if you have one biometric receipt with names of all family member, fill just 2 as the PA, if the biometrics receipt was given separately for each family member,then 2 CVAC form for each member)Fill the applicable pages .
Ensure number and email will be that of the PA. - From VAC website

7. 2 photocopy of every family member’s International Passport.

8. Biometrics Slip to avoid paying for transmission fees. It can only be used for the vfs office you did your biometrics, if not you have to pay applicable fees below
the biometrics slip and the passport that was originally attached to it should be attached to the CVAC forms

9. Proof of Transmission fee payment (N9,410 per person).

Make payment to:
Account name: Canadian Logistics Collection Account
Bank: Sterling bank
Account: Number:0065165839

Transmission fee will only be paid if you are sending passports to another vfs office other than that you did your biometrics also for children not added for biometrics originally.
Payment can be done by transfer or in person bank payment (just ensure you have proof of payment attached)
Bulk sum payment Advised

Put all documents in one envelope and proceed to DHL or any courier of your choice and pay for a 2 way courier (return)
to:
LAGOS:
VFS Global, Canada Visa Application Centre - Lagos
The Manor,
Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way,
Lekki Phase 1, Lagos, Nigeria

FOR ABUJA :

VFS Global, Canada Visa Application Centre
Sterling Bank Plaza
3rd Floor, Plot 1083
Mohammadu Buhari Way, Central Business District,
Abuja, Nigeria.
Nigeria

Track your delivery via dhl to vfs with the waybill number:
When vfs receives your passports they will contact you, via mail or number and issue you another tracking number to track when it will be sent/arrive to and From IRCC..

Submitting passport(s) to Accra VFS

SAME DOCUMENTS AS ABOVE WITH AN EXTRA.

7. Payment teller(s) for the sum of GHC 331 to (GHC378, applicable 1st of Nov, 2020) paid per person to vfs GH's account. (See further instruction on addendum 2 below)

Put all documents in an envelope and proceed to DHL or any courier of your choice and pay for a one-way delivery to:

Canadian Visa Application Centre(In Partnership with International Organisation for Migration),
Baptist Convention House,
Abelemkpe Road,
Abelemkpe,

Info.canghaiom@vfshelpline.com
+233 50 129 5270

VFS Global Accra, who will then submit to the high commission.

Bank details:
Bank Account name – International Organization for Migration
Bank name – ECOBANK Ghana Limited
Account Branch: Head office
BIC/SWIFT Code – ECOCGHAC
Account Number – 1441000695744
Address;
(CVAC operated in partnership with OIM/IOM)

Payment can be made through any family or resident in Ghana but if you don't have anybody there, walk into any Ecobank in Nigeria and tell them you want to make payment into an Ecobank Ghana account. You will have to go with the USD equivalent of the amount and there are charges.

Read carefully please.
My wife paid 202ghc… I spoke with one of their employees and he said she has to pay 202ghc through ecobank. She’s a Ghanaian so I’m guessing the process will be quicker than those shipping from Nigeria

LilyBee

Star Member
Oct 27, 2019
Application sent: July 23 2021
Application received: July 30 2021
AOR 1: Sep 30 2021
Sponsorship Approval: Nov 8 2021
File forwarded to Accra visa office Nov 8 2021
Medical Request: Jan 5 2022
Medical Exam: Jan 10 2022
Medical Passed: Jan 15 2022
ADR Request: Feb 16 2022 (More proof of communications, and how relationship developed including important dates)
ADR Submitted: Feb 16 2022
Pre-Arrival Letter: March 29 2022
Background check completed: March 28 2022 (According to New Tracker)
Eligibility Completed: March 28 2022 (According to New tracker)
Ghost update: Apr 26, 2022
Decision made on ECAS: Apr 28, 2022
PPR:

Janet A

Star Member
Feb 18, 2020
ADR Request: Feb 16 2022 (More proof of communications, and how relationship developed including important dates)
PPR:
Congratulations

Reactions: LilyBee

Daboyjr

Dec 2, 2021
PPR:
U should get PPR by earliest Tomorrow latest Tuesday

Reactions: LilyBee

anon247

Feb 2, 2021
I sent my passport directly to IRCC Accra and am yet to get it back. Or an update on my application. Should I be worried? Does anyone know how I can get through to an extension at their office?

psalmo

Jan 10, 2022
I sent my passport directly to IRCC Accra and am yet to get it back. Or an update on my application. Should I be worried? Does anyone know how I can get through to an extension at their office?
I think it usually takes 3-6 weeks to get it back..
But when did you send it?

Miror

Jul 31, 2021
You don't send directly to IRCC it goes to VFS and VFS send it to IRCC.

Reactions: Pryncess99

Ok2018

Star Member
Apr 15, 2021
From the dhl tracker. It got to their office on the 19th of April.
It got to which office exactly? Meaning you didn't pay VFS transmission fees to IRCC? You need to find out where you passport is so you can take it up from there. You can't send directly to IRCC as it's written in your PPR letter, it needs to go through VFS.

LilyBee

Star Member
Oct 27, 2019
It got to which office exactly? Meaning you didn't pay VFS transmission fees to IRCC? You need to find out where you passport is so you can take it up from there. You can't send directly to IRCC as it's written in your PPR letter, it needs to go through VFS.
There are people who sent directly to Accra and have received their passports back with visa. I have a friend that did that just last month and is now in Canada. So, I would say don’t panic, just wait and you will get your passport back

Reactions: anon247