+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
I'm currently in Nigeria with my husband and kids. As I can only access the internet through my phone, I'm limited in what I can see on this page. Just wondering if anyone can work out how quickly AVO seems to be getting through applications now - like how many weeks did it take to get through January, and through February?

Congratulations to those who received PPR recently.

Reactions: Akanni2017

AtGod

Star Member
Sep 30, 2017
Canada
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
24-01-2017
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
11-02-2017
File Transfer...
28-02-2017
Med's Request
not yet
My husband sent an email to AVO this Monday and they replied with the same automatic message.On my side I contacted my MP office again and they get back to me this morning with the same message "Nothing has changed, my file is still waiting to be reviewed" And she said to call her back after 24th January so they can ask clarification to Accra. She can't do anything if we don't pass 12 Months. It is exactly 11months now we have submitted this file and since AVO received our file, nothing happens, not even medical request. Our 1st anniversary is next Friday (29th) and I still don't know when my husband will be with me. I am very happy for all March applicant who got an answer but I am frustrated at the same time because I don't understand why people who submit 2 months after us are done with the process, and in the same time our file is still waiting to be reviewed. I fell so powerless.
if someone has going through this killing silence, please let me know. I am very desperate presently.

Wapsis

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
App. Filed.......
02-02-2017
Doc's Request.
April 2017
File Transfer...
March 2017
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
12-07-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting... God's grace
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting... God's grace
LANDED..........
Can't wait
My husband sent an email to AVO this Monday and they replied with the same automatic message.On my side I contacted my MP office again and they get back to me this morning with the same message "Nothing has changed, my file is still waiting to be reviewed" And she said to call her back after 24th January so they can ask clarification to Accra. She can't do anything if we don't pass 12 Months. It is exactly 11months now we have submitted this file and since AVO received our file, nothing happens, not even medical request. Our 1st anniversary is next Friday (29th) and I still don't know when my husband will be with me. I am very happy for all March applicant who got an answer but I am frustrated at the same time because I don't understand why people who submit 2 months after us are done with the process, and in the same time our file is still waiting to be reviewed. I fell so powerless.
if someone has going through this killing silence, please let me know. I am very desperate presently.
Sorry for what you're going through. But I believe that when they start requesting for medicals and ppr. They'd all come at the same time and would be really fast. Medicals doesn't take more than 3 days and you'd know if you passed or not. At least we've all seen some members it happened to. So i' d suggest you just be ready for all of That, so in case they come with full force.... you'd be ready for them. We're all in this together. I am February applicant, waiting for my pick up mail.. It's all good. Just keep your hopes up and I'm sure that everyone here would join their faith with yours as well. Stay strong

iyawoSparks

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
Doc's Request.
25-05-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
File Transfer...
26-07-2017
It is well, darling. Your 1st year anniversary is just 2 days after mine :) God will comfort us. Just stay strong. I’m sure you’ll hear from AVO soon. If not tomorrow, let’s see what next week holds (from Wednesday).

Reactions: AtGod

AtGod

Star Member
Sep 30, 2017
Canada
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
24-01-2017
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
11-02-2017
File Transfer...
28-02-2017
Med's Request
not yet
It is well, darling. Your 1st year anniversary is just 2 days after mine :) God will comfort us. Just stay strong. I’m sure you’ll hear from AVO soon. If not tomorrow, let’s see what next week holds (from Wednesday).
Thanks all of you. Since the begin I am trying to be and stay strong but sometimes I just can take more. Anyways I don't have choice to wait. Maybe I will take a break at work and go back to my country for a couple of weaks. I am not so productive since 1 month. Thank you very much.

olawunmif

Jul 22, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
03-01-2017
AOR Received.
13-01-2017
File Transfer...
27-01-17
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None so far
Passport Req..
Expectant
VISA ISSUED...
Expectant
Thanks all of you. Since the begin I am trying to be and stay strong but sometimes I just can take more. Anyways I don't have choice to wait. Maybe I will take a break at work and go back to my country for a couple of weaks. I am not so productive since 1 month. Thank you very much.
Hey. Hang on. I think im the oldest 2017 applicnt here. 3rd jan. And nothing yet also. My dear what can we do. Im learning to trust God. My Mp says file is in process, gcms notes says same. The only thing we can do is hope for the best. My wedding anniversary is dec 24th and id be 3 yrs seperated from hubby(due to other sponsoship issues he was ineligible to sponsor me until dec 2016). So i can say i know how crazy it is to wait. But i see responses soon. Just hang in there. We would soon be contacted.

olawunmif

Jul 22, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
03-01-2017
AOR Received.
13-01-2017
File Transfer...
27-01-17
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None so far
Passport Req..
Expectant
VISA ISSUED...
Expectant

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
You might want to call CIC call center to ask if the application has been transfered to Accra. If so what is the status because you are aware they are reviewing March applicants now and you are january you have concerns and want them to send communication to Ottawa and copy Accra to see if the file is there. When you say it that way trust me they will take that into consideration.

AtGod

Star Member
Sep 30, 2017
Canada
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
24-01-2017
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
11-02-2017
File Transfer...
28-02-2017
Med's Request
not yet
You might want to call CIC call center to ask if the application has been transfered to Accra. If so what is the status because you are aware they are reviewing March applicants now and you are january you have concerns and want them to send communication to Ottawa and copy Accra to see if the file is there. When you say it that way trust me they will take that into consideration.
I called cic once, on 16th October and at the same time my husband sent to AVO an email. The lady who responded me was very surprised that I didn't hear anything from them but she said I had to contact them myself because we are still in the timeline. So I have contacted my MP and met her on 18th October. But in the mind time, we saw the third line on ECAS saying that they begin to process the file on 17th October. Nothing after that had changed. And each month I contacted my MP and my husband sent email to Accra but nothing changed. Even 2 weeks before me too I sent an email to Accra to ask if they lost the file but they responded with the same automatic message. I have written to immigration minister, even to Trudeau office. Nobody have answered. Since two weeks I have been trying to contact cic call center but the line is always busy and they say to call later. I try at 8:00 am and during the day, but I can't talk to anyone. It is always busy. So yes now I don't really know what to do now. But I think they put our file aside for purpose, the question is why. It is supposed to be a very simple case. We are young with any too long background. I don't really know what is happening. Anyway this is happened for a reason, I leave the rest to God...

AtGod

Star Member
Sep 30, 2017
Canada
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
24-01-2017
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
11-02-2017
File Transfer...
28-02-2017
Med's Request
not yet
Hey. Hang on. I think im the oldest 2017 applicnt here. 3rd jan. And nothing yet also. My dear what can we do. Im learning to trust God. My Mp says file is in process, gcms notes says same. The only thing we can do is hope for the best. My wedding anniversary is dec 24th and id be 3 yrs seperated from hubby(due to other sponsoship issues he was ineligible to sponsor me until dec 2016). So i can say i know how crazy it is to wait. But i see responses soon. Just hang in there. We would soon be contacted.
Thank you very much and good luck to you too. I can feel your pain. Congratulations for keeping up for so long. It is God decision. Let's keep hope.

waitingInTO

Nov 14, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
11-10-2016
AOR Received.
02-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront - passed
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
24-10-2017 Submitted 01-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2017
LANDED..........
before end of the year
Hello house, I am pleased to report that my husband's passport has been dispatched from the Visa Office of his country of residence ! I'm holding my breath and tracking the package :).

Mycic has been updated with counterfoil. October 2016 applicant here.

I will post details of my exact mycic statuses and timeline later. I must prepare for a presentation at work tomorrow. I know some members from 2016 are waiting to hear from me :).

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
I called cic once, on 16th October and at the same time my husband sent to AVO an email. The lady who responded me was very surprised that I didn't hear anything from them but she said I had to contact them myself because we are still in the timeline. So I have contacted my MP and met her on 18th October. But in the mind time, we saw the third line on ECAS saying that they begin to process the file on 17th October. Nothing after that had changed. And each month I contacted my MP and my husband sent email to Accra but nothing changed. Even 2 weeks before me too I sent an email to Accra to ask if they lost the file but they responded with the same automatic message. I have written to immigration minister, even to Trudeau office. Nobody have answered. Since two weeks I have been trying to contact cic call center but the line is always busy and they say to call later. I try at 8:00 am and during the day, but I can't talk to anyone. It is always busy. So yes now I don't really know what to do now. But I think they put our file aside for purpose, the question is why. It is supposed to be a very simple case. We are young with any too long background. I don't really know what is happening. Anyway this is happened for a reason, I leave the rest to God...
Well since your January app the expiration date is around the corner for MP office to intervene. Dont lose hope you have endured though this long process dont lose hope now.

I know your frustrated you have every right to be hope you recieve good news at the end of it all.

Happy holidays..

Wapsis

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
App. Filed.......
02-02-2017
Doc's Request.
April 2017
File Transfer...
March 2017
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
12-07-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting... God's grace
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting... God's grace
LANDED..........
Can't wait
I just got my Passport delivered to me now .I'm indeed grateful to God and I pray everyone here waiting to hear from AVO would hear good news real soon.
Don't know PUM is taking so long though... Maybe they want to send it in January