Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
The children jonestly speaking do not belong to me. They belong to my spouse my worry is the hassle to go through. Back forth back forth.
@Cosey, Like Ugoswife said don't gets discourage just do your best. Also don't take anything personal when someone answer's your post cos when anyone posts someone has to answers otherwise we won't be able to help each other on this forum. I have friends who married their current spouses already having 2 or 3 kids that is love but the AVO don't get it. Now what is rotating in their heads is how can you a sponsor married someone with 4 kids? Then the answer in your case for them is maybe you, your wife and the kids are a close relatives trying to help each other to immigrate to Canada that why they are asking you the sponsor to have a DNA. Why would they ask you to have a DNA when they know the kids don't bear your last name on their birth certificates? For me this DNA request doesn't make any sense and it is a completely waste of money because if the result shows you not their real father than what are they going to tell you after all the money the made you spend? But you know you have no choice so if you can afford the cost just go ahead and do it and remember we are all praying for your case to have a happy ending.

treasure t

Oct 18, 2017
Everyday that passes by without hearing from AVO feels like a stab in the throat especially when the weekend arrives. Staying on this forum and frantically searching for anyone's good news is the only kind of therapy that helps now. I know they are working and it's just a matter of waiting but still, it's not an easy thing to do. Wishing all of us good luck on this journey.
I thought I was the only one that feels this way about weekends. Lol

Reactions: me2605 and Ugoswife

treasure t

Oct 18, 2017
This has always been the case, AVO has always been behind other VOs. It's depressing but it's same old same old. You can only hope that the new commitment will make things seem a bit more like a level playing field. When I joined this forum before I even applied in august 2016 AVO was processing apps at around 7-10 months. I had hope things would get faster but instead I got processed at 13 months, the longest average processing time AVO has ever processed at (I know, I did the research). I hope for all of you 2017 apps that you don't have to go through what us 2016 apps have gone through, particularly those who applied June 2016- November 2016. It's been exhausting, soul crushing, and never ending. I hope all those 2016 apps waiting, hear soon. I'm waiting for you all to hear before I bow away from this forum for good. Us 2016 apps we're in this together. 2017 apps I wish you all the best and truly hope this process speeds up, i don't wish that painful wait on anybody. Much love all.
Amen. Pls wait for me too. Lol

treasure t

Oct 18, 2017
@Cosey, Like Ugoswife said don't gets discourage just do your best. Also don't take anything personal when someone answer's your post cos when anyone posts someone has to answers otherwise we won't be able to help each other on this forum. I have friends who married their current spouses already having 2 or 3 kids that is love but the AVO don't get it. Now what is rotating in their heads is how can you a sponsor married someone with 4 kids? Then the answer in your case for them is maybe you, your wife and the kids are a close relatives trying to help each other to immigrate to Canada that why they are asking you the sponsor to have a DNA. Why would they ask you to have a DNA when they know the kids don't bear your last name on their birth certificates? For me this DNA request doesn't make any sense and it is a completely waste of money because if the result shows you not their real father than what are they going to tell you after all the money the made you spend? But you know you have no choice so if you can afford the cost just go ahead and do it and remember we are all praying for your case to have a happy ending.
Rightly said. I also think it depends on the officer working on your case, some of them will over look certain things, while some very strick oneso will like to explore every detail and get to the bottom of everything. It can be really stressful, but prayer is still the key.

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
3rd November, 2016 ; 15th November In process in Accra
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
@Cosey what @bbccanada just said makes a lot of sense. They may understand that you are not their father but may suspect you are close relatives so the DNA test is the easiest way to set AVO at ease.

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
@Cosey what I want to know is have you called cic? and asked them if they made an error that these are your step children? I am asking because it's an error I have not heard of asking DNA when u have said they are not your children. more like the mother and kiss should conduct DNA...
I would ask you yo call CIC Mississauga and ask them did they male a mistake? have them escalate to their manager to look into if AVO MADE AN ERROR if they say it's not an error then complete the DNA kit. it's expensive so you want to make sure on their end. Have the sponsor call 1-888-242-2100 Monday to Friday 8am to 4. indicate you want to make sure they did not make an error with your package because you have said the children are not yours. please do that first because they have the manager look into the case and get back to the visa officer then they will tell you how to proceed.

Cosey

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
I e-mailed AVO plus a letter explaining all these. The reply said me as a sponsor will have to undergo dna test. They are not my kids for sure but i dont know what they want to establish. They are saying parent/ child relationship. But that one has been explained but still dna.

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
I e-mailed AVO plus a letter explaining all these. The reply said me as a sponsor will have to undergo dna test. They are not my kids for sure but i dont know what they want to establish. They are saying parent/ child relationship. But that one has been explained but still dna.
Then I think they want to make sure the children and yourself are not related in any way...
sorry to hear about this it can be expensive and they really challenge and scrutinize when there are children in the application that don't belong to you. they may feel some ways as if it's not genuine relationship. take heart and do all that you can.

Reactions: bbccanada

AnneMariee

Mar 23, 2017
Canada
Category........
Question:

How long is the visa issued for?
I know before it was 6 months or when medical expires (whichever one that comes first) .
But it seems it's changed now, so for those who have received, how many months/weeks where you given.

Found out yesterday too that AVO closes 1pm Friday , I just smh. My husband and I went to their office and the head security said they were closed for the day. We got there 1.30pm

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Question:

I know before it was 6 months or when medical expires (whichever one that comes first) .
But it seems it's changed now, so for those who have received, how many months/weeks where you given.

Found out yesterday too that AVO closes 1pm Friday , I just smh. My husband and I went to their office and the head security said they were closed for the day. We got there 1.30pm
When you go back to Visa office again can you please find out what are they doing with 2017 applications and when they plan to process ours please and thank you. And also why do they keep responding with automated response instead of actual details of our query. Thank you

becos

Aug 25, 2016
Question:

Hi AnneMariee, why did you go to the visa office?

Cosey

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Then I think they want to make sure the children and yourself are not related in any way...
sorry to hear about this it can be expensive and they really challenge and scrutinize when there are children in the application that don't belong to you. they may feel some ways as if it's not genuine relationship. take heart and do all that you can.
Oh yeah i am going to do it. My canadian passport expired last month. I am going to renew it. Cos i am supposed to bring a passport valid plus 2 photos and one id.
I am not worried. I am going to kill it.

Reactions: colmiz

AnneMariee

Mar 23, 2017
Canada
Category........
When you go back to Visa office again can you please find out what are they doing with 2017 applications and when they plan to process ours please and thank you. And also why do they keep responding with automated response instead of actual details of our query. Thank you
Awwww I would have asked this for us, but we are departing Ghana tomorrow actually.

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
20-01-2017 in process Accra 02-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
@Cosey what I want to know is have you called cic? and asked them if they made an error that these are your step children? I am asking because it's an error I have not heard of asking DNA when u have said they are not your children. more like the mother and kiss should conduct DNA...
I would ask you yo call CIC Mississauga and ask them did they male a mistake? have them escalate to their manager to look into if AVO MADE AN ERROR if they say it's not an error then complete the DNA kit. it's expensive so you want to make sure on their end. Have the sponsor call 1-888-242-2100 Monday to Friday 8am to 4. indicate you want to make sure they did not make an error with your package because you have said the children are not yours. please do that first because they have the manager look into the case and get back to the visa officer then they will tell you how to proceed.
@cutie, I agree with what you saying but you have to understand that once a file is transferred to the processing destination all the power to deal with the application is transferred as well so whatever AVO office requested SAGA will never interfere in that even if you call them they will tell you to call the Visa Office which would be more stressful than even doing the DNA. In addition, there is no way AVO will process application like that not only Cosey but to any of us on this forum without asking for something regarding the number of children in question no way. For example when I was applying for citizenship certificate for my own biological daughter only God knows the stress the AVO put me through. Even when the certificate was processed here in Canada send to AVO for pick up they never called us until I was told it was sent to Accra before I sent my wife to pick up. Hence I think the best thing is to do the DNA even though it is expensive but we have to deal with the evils sitting at the AVO stressing people out.

AnneMariee

Mar 23, 2017
Canada
Category........
Hi AnneMariee, why did you go to the visa office?
Went to find out about our app on Wednesday.
Of course they were not going straight to the point why so much delay, but was asked to submit supporting documents. Which we did together with letter and dropped it yesterday though We couldn't see anyone since they were closed for the day when we got there but the head security took it and said they will look at it on Monday.

Fingers crossed, I'm not expecting any sentiment, our minds are already set for 12momths.