+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

becos

Aug 25, 2016
Hello House.

I’m very happy to inform you all that God has come through for us. 394 days after we started this process, we have finally received PPR today. The journey is pretty much over and needless to say, we are over the moon.
I’m going to briefly go through our timeline for the people who might be interested.

Application filed - Sept 19th, 2016.
Upfront Medicals - August 30th, 2016
Sponsorship Approval - Oct 26th, 2016
Accra started processing - Nov 7th 2016
Redo Medical request - Oct 12th, 2017
Medical redone - Oct 17th, 2017
PPR - Oct 18th, 2017

We applied for GCMS notes 3 times in between. Once in March, again in May and then September.

I contacted my MP’s office sometime in August to help us reach out to Accra but they pretty much told us there was nothing they could do for us till our application exceeded 17months (God forbid).

We also sent in additional proof of relationship twice. The first time, we sent more pictures with captions explaining when and where they were taken. The second time, we sent pictures along with screenshots of WhatsApp convos and my ticket/Passport stamps from my recent visit to Nigeria in July. Both times, we sent our documents through webform (Case Specific Enquiry) and directly to the email address for the Accra office.

In August, we also emailed the ministers office but we never got any response.

That’s pretty much what this process was for us. It was reaaaally long and reaaaally tough, but it has ended in praise.

Thanks so much to everyone who has contributed in any way at all to this forum. I don’t know how I’d have survived this heartbreaking process without this forum.

To everyone who’s waiting, I know it is easier said than done because not too long ago, I too was on the receiving end of this advice...but just hang in there. Your time will come and when it does, you’ll forget about the tough part pretty fast. GOODLUCK EVERYONE!
YAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations girl!!! I'm so happy for you!!!! And thank you for being there when I seriously thought I'd lose my mind!! You were a reassuring voice of reason and calmness! You're amazing!!! I'm so grateful!!!! Yayyyyyyyaaaaayyyy!!!:)

iyawoSparks

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
Doc's Request.
25-05-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
File Transfer...
26-07-2017
Hello House.

I’m very happy to inform you all that God has come through for us. 394 days after we started this process, we have finally received PPR today. The journey is pretty much over and needless to say, we are over the moon.
I’m going to briefly go through our timeline for the people who might be interested.

PPR - Oct 18th, 2017

We applied for GCMS notes 3 times in between. Once in March, again in May and then September.

I contacted my MP’s office sometime in August to help us reach out to Accra but they pretty much told us there was nothing they could do for us till our application exceeded 17months (God forbid).

We also sent in additional proof of relationship twice. The first time, we sent more pictures with captions explaining when and where they were taken. The second time, we sent pictures along with screenshots of WhatsApp convos and my ticket/Passport stamps from my recent visit to Nigeria in July. Both times, we sent our documents through webform (Case Specific Enquiry) and directly to the email address for the Accra office.

That’s pretty much what this process was for us. It was reaaaally long and reaaaally tough, but it has ended in praise.

Thanks so much to everyone who has contributed in any way at all to this forum. I don’t know how I’d have survived this heartbreaking process without this forum.

To everyone who’s waiting, I know it is easier said than done because not too long ago, I too was on the receiving end of this advice...but just hang in there. Your time will come and when it does, you’ll forget about the tough part pretty fast. GOODLUCK EVERYONE!
CONGRATULATIONS!

Reactions: MrsKoj

iyawoSparks

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
Doc's Request.
25-05-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
File Transfer...
26-07-2017
CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE WHO HAS RECEIVED PPRs/PUMs. Praying the backlog is cleared ASAP. I'm expectant!

Reactions: mrsibeh and MrsKoj

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
3rd November, 2016 ; 15th November In process in Accra
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
Congratulations hun!
Hello House.

PPR - Oct 18th, 2017

MrsKoj

Star Member
Oct 25, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
19-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
30-08-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18-10-2017
YAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations girl!!! I'm so happy for you!!!! And thank you for being there when I seriously thought I'd lose my mind!! You were a reassuring voice of reason and calmness! You're amazing!!! I'm so grateful!!!! Yayyyyyyyaaaaayyyy!!!:)
Thank you sis. You were equally amazing and reassuring when it was extra tough. Not just to me but to a lot of other people here. YOU’RE THE BEST <3 <3

MrsKoj

Star Member
Oct 25, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
19-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
30-08-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18-10-2017
Reactions: Ugoswife

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
3rd November, 2016 ; 15th November In process in Accra
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
Reactions: Pake and becos

me2605

Jun 3, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
04-07-17
AOR Received.
14-08-17
File Transfer...
29-08-17; AOR 2 16-10-17
Hello House.

PPR - Oct 18th, 2017

Wow... Congratulations. The wait is over, so happy for you

colmiz

Oct 6, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
13-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
02-11-2016
Hello House.

PPR - Oct 18th, 2017

Yaýyyyyyyyyyyy! So happy for you hun. We can all celebrate with our loved ones for the Christmas season. Wish you a speedy pick.

Reactions: MrsKoj

colmiz

Oct 6, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
13-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
02-11-2016
Whoever "MV" is at avo, God bless her for lighting this group up the last three weeks. Although it's been long, 2016 applivants can have a very merry Christmas. Wishing for more good news in the coming weeks. So excited for everyone.....

MrsKoj

Star Member
Oct 25, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
19-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
30-08-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18-10-2017
Yaýyyyyyyyyyyy! So happy for you hun. We can all celebrate with our loved ones for the Christmas season. Wish you a speedy pick.
Thanks hun.