+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

Franck59

Sep 11, 2013
Hi everyone I'm new to this forum n I enjoyed going thru every post here I actually got a mail from CHC accra that my visa appears to be ready and that I should send a courrier company with prepaid return envelope or come in person n get the visa same day but I chosee the first option because it was strongly recomended n I chose DHL like they told wrote. Now the issue was that DHL do not operate such return envelope internationaly from Nigeria so I have to send a one way and later pay DHL to pick it up for me ...my problem right nos is that DHL has been there n they were told the document is not yet ready and the CHC accra even sent a mail to me on Monday that I should send a courrier company to pick it up and now DHL told me they got lots of complaints just like mine cos I kept pestering DHL to knw the status so DHL said they also complained to CHC accra and they were told the are sorry and that its cos they have backlog of documents to handle that is the reason...pls anyone ever faced this kinda thing on here and how long did it take before they got their passport back ...thanks and God bless us all .
Congratulation eskaylong !!!!
I would like to answer you but I have not yet been through this process.

eskaylong

Oct 9, 2013
Thank u so much and I pray urs wuld come swiftly too...I hope someone on here can answer me bout d way forward cos I'm contemplating on traveling to Accra but I'm worried DHL might have gotten it before I get to accra n it would be a waste but I'm keeping my fingers crossed...maybe until the weekend

BEKK_1

Sep 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
02-02-2012
AOR Received.
17-05-2012
File Transfer...
03-10-2012
Med's Request
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
27-11-2012
Interview........
Med. Received 27-09-2013
Passport Req..
01-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
eskaylong said:
Thank u so much and I pray urs wuld come swiftly too...I hope someone on here can answer me bout d way forward cos I'm contemplating on traveling to Accra but I'm worried DHL might have gotten it before I get to accra n it would be a waste but I'm keeping my fingers crossed...maybe until the weekend
Hi eskaylong,
Did you tried trace the parcel status via DHL web site?
How long time your passports been in Accra, before you got an email, that the documents are ready?
I'm in the same boat. Our passports were delivered to embassy this Monday.
Bekk

eskaylong

Oct 9, 2013
BEKK_1 said:
Hi eskaylong,
Did you tried trace the parcel status via DHL web site?
How long time your passports been in Accra, before you got an email, that the documents are ready?
I'm in the same boat. Our passports were delivered to embassy this Monday.

Hi Bekk,
My passport was submitted Sep30th and I got the mail on monday dis week exactly a week after...well the issue is that DHL does not offer a prepaid return envelope service internationally so I have to make the payment for the return of my passport and documents seperately so I cannot check the status on dhl website until it has been picked up and on its return journey and the return would be handled by DHL accra Ghana so they would supply me the tracking nos once they picked it up frm the embassy tho I paid the money here in Nigeria...but they informed me that when they got to the embassy they were told its not yet ready so I am kind of confused cos it was the same embassy that wrote to me on Monday that its ready for pickup and I should send a courrier to pick it up..... n I'm wondering if there is anybody in the same shoes on here or someone who has been tru this so we can rub minds.
Thanks

BEKK_1

Sep 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
02-02-2012
AOR Received.
17-05-2012
File Transfer...
03-10-2012
Med's Request
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
27-11-2012
Interview........
Med. Received 27-09-2013
Passport Req..
01-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
eskaylong said:
Hi Bekk,
My passport was submitted Sep30th and I got the mail on monday dis week exactly a week after...well the issue is that DHL does not offer a prepaid return envelope service internationally so I have to make the payment for the return of my passport and documents seperately so I cannot check the status on dhl website until it has been picked up and on its return journey and the return would be handled by DHL accra Ghana so they would supply me the tracking nos once they picked it up frm the embassy tho I paid the money here in Nigeria...but they informed me that when they got to the embassy they were told its not yet ready so I am kind of confused cos it was the same embassy that wrote to me on Monday that its ready for pickup and I should send a courrier to pick it up..... n I'm wondering if there is anybody in the same shoes on here or someone who has been tru this so we can rub minds.
Thanks
Good morning eskaylong,
I'm yet to be in the same shoes, cos our passports were submitted Oct. 7th.
Did you sent email to CIC and state the issue?

eskaylong

Oct 9, 2013
BEKK_1 said:
Good morning eskaylong,
I'm yet to be in the same shoes, cos our passports were submitted Oct. 7th.
Did you sent email to CIC and state the issue?
Good morn Bekk,
Yeah I sent a mail yesterday to that effect and I hope to get a response today but I am not too sure about the activities at the CHC accra on fridays and I even understand that its thanksgiving holiday in Canada on Monday so I would be thinking of the next weekend before hearing from them ....thanks

BEKK_1

Sep 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
02-02-2012
AOR Received.
17-05-2012
File Transfer...
03-10-2012
Med's Request
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
27-11-2012
Interview........
Med. Received 27-09-2013
Passport Req..
01-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
eskaylong said:
Good morn Bekk,
Yeah I sent a mail yesterday to that effect and I hope to get a response today but I am not too sure about the activities at the CHC accra on fridays and I even understand that its thanksgiving holiday in Canada on Monday so I would be thinking of the next weekend before hearing from them ....thanks
Let's keep our fingers crossing.
Did you checked your ecas status?
Any change?

Obronibini

Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2014 (Received as per tracking 21-03-2013)
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
File Transfer...
30-04-2014
Passport Req..
04-08-2014
Hi everyone!
Been following the forum from some time but new to posting. Let me know if this is okay here or if it would be better to start our own thread.
I am a Canadian and will be sponsoring my husband in Accra after our marriage in January. We were wondering if it will be okay to apply straight away after getting married or does that look bad in CIC's eyes? Is there any tips or suggestions anyone can offer us? Thanks so much. We have been seeing many of you getting approved so quickly so we are praying for the same :D

osun

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
I was asked to provide additional evidence august 22,2013 to proof the genuine of our marriage within 30days.I provided what they requested send it back to them in Accra which they received sept 10,2013. and my wife got a phone call 3days after from the visa officer asking when last i visited nigeria up till now ,i have not received any response from cic.They initially told me in the letter that,they will make decision in 30days.I went to MP this week,He made some call and told that the decision has not been made that is awaiting.MP told me that once some one receive that kind of letter,which means his application will be refuse again.He said,the letter is called last chance letter.MP advice me to get ready for appeal.I told him i reject it in jesus name.He started laughing and told me that miracle does not work on Visa officers body.Does ANYBODY received this kind of letter and get approval?I am so worried.WHY wouldn't they make the decision the they told me in 30days.Does it means they have refused and have not updated their system -data.

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
20-01-2017 in process Accra 02-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
osun said:
I was asked to provide additional evidence august 22,2013 to proof the genuine of our marriage within 30days.I provided what they requested send it back to them in Accra which they received sept 10,2013. and my wife got a phone call 3days after from the visa officer asking when last i visited nigeria up till now ,i have not received any response from cic.They initially told me in the letter that,they will make decision in 30days.I went to MP this week,He made some call and told that the decision has not been made that is awaiting.MP told me that once some one receive that kind of letter,which means his application will be refuse again.He said,the letter is called last chance letter.MP advice me to get ready for appeal.I told him i reject it in jesus name.He started laughing and told me that miracle does not work on Visa officers body.Does ANYBODY received this kind of letter and get approval?I am so worried.WHY wouldn't they make the decision the they told me in 30days.Does it means they have refused and have not updated their system -data.
My advice for you is to stay calm and pray for the best result cos anything is possible in this situation. Recieving a letter like that means the officer is not satisfies that your relationship is genuire. I don't know your case but the call that your wife recieved also shows that the officer wants to make a decision whether the relatinship is genuire or not. But i think if interview has not been called then there is still a chance that your wife will get the visa so forget about what the mp says and focus.

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
20-01-2017 in process Accra 02-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
jmchurches said:
Hi everyone!
Been following the forum from some time but new to posting. Let me know if this is okay here or if it would be better to start our own thread.
I am a Canadian and will be sponsoring my husband in Accra after our marriage in January. We were wondering if it will be okay to apply straight away after getting married or does that look bad in CIC's eyes? Is there any tips or suggestions anyone can offer us? Thanks so much. We have been seeing many of you getting approved so quickly so we are praying for the same :D
You can get marry today and sponsor your spouse tomorrow CIC doesn't care about that but they are more than interested to evalute your file based on the proof you have before your get married thus 70% of the judgement is right there and then the remaining 30% would be from the time you file the sponsorship til the time the visa will be issued. So from now til January you need a lot of proof and even more proof after your file the application until the visa is issued or interview called.

Obronibini

Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2014 (Received as per tracking 21-03-2013)
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
File Transfer...
30-04-2014
Passport Req..
04-08-2014
bbccanada said:
You can get marry today and sponsor your spouse tomorrow CIC doesn't care about that but they are more than interested to evalute your file based on the proof you have before your get married thus 70% of the judgement is right there and then the remaining 30% would be from the time you file the sponsorship til the time the visa will be issued. So from now til January you need a lot of proof and even more proof after your file the application until the visa is issued or interview called.
Thanks bbccanada, we have a lot of proof in chats(3000+ pages! It's hard to decide what to include without going overboard lol), texts, call logs, and pictures from my visit there in March :) We have known each other for nearly 6 years but unfortunately only have proof of about the past 14 months.

Franck59

Sep 11, 2013
I received the same letter also on Aug 22. I just replied to the mail. Since then, no news. At least your wife are lucky to get phone call from CHC. What is your application status ?

eskaylong

Oct 9, 2013
BEKK_1 said:
Let's keep our fingers crossing.
Did you checked your ecas status?
Any change?
Yeah let's keep our fingesr crossed ....I did not check but last time I did its yet to be updated....

osun

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
application status .Application received date date,we sent u a mail date,consider delay b4 contacting us.This was the AOR.