+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Thank you everyone for sharing here. I have been following along for a while and it has been so great to get some insight into what might be going on at AVO.

I am a Canadian sponsoring my husband from Ghana. We submitted our application on January 31st 2017 and received sponsorship approval February 27th 2017. Application was received in Accra (They started processing according to the online Check Your Application Status...) on March 30th 2017. At the end of August I gave birth to our child in Canada with my husband still in Ghana. We haven't heard anything from CIC since the email saying I was approved as a sponsor on February 27th.

you need to submit webform asap wow that's a long time

goddess2017

Sep 13, 2017
Question everyone, I noticed that I made a minor error on my IMM1344E (Part 1 Question 6) due to how I interpreted the question. The question asks about relationship to PA, I chose "Spouse living in Canada". Will my application be returned because of this minor error. From what I am reading from other places on this forum it should be "Spouse living outside Canada". Thanks

Sugarcoconut

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
2-11-2016
AOR Received.
11-11-2016
File Transfer...
24-11-2016. Started processing in Accra Dec 8 2016.
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
05-09-2017 (PLEASE ANYONE THAT SEES THIS SHOULD HELP ME SHARE THIS GOODNEWS ON FORUM. I HAVE RECEIVED PPR. HAVING PROBLEM POSTING ON THREAD)
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Oct 2017 hopefully before medical expiry on 26th Oct
Question everyone, I noticed that I made a minor error on my IMM1344E (Part 1 Question 6) due to how I interpreted the question. The question asks about relationship to PA, I chose "Spouse living in Canada". Will my application be returned because of this minor error. From what I am reading from other places on this forum it should be "Spouse living outside Canada". Thanks
Woow! Am not trying to scare u but this is what I think I know. I could be wrong anyway. I think this mistake is something u should notify them asap. These are two categories ie "Spouse living inside Canada" which is INLAND and the other OUTLAND. These two categories have different processing times for 2016 apps, not sure about the new applicants and I think they would be expecting to see some document backing up her stay in Canada which u don't have and didn't include.

When did u submit ur app? Pls try and correct this error to avoid much delays. CIC usually returns app with mistkes after the file has spent time in thier custody and u have to start again.

So sorry about that.

Last edited:

goddess2017

Sep 13, 2017
Woow! Am not trying to scare u but this is what I think I know. I could be wrong anyway. I think this mistake is something u should notify them asap. These are two categories ie "Spouse living inside Canada" which is INLAND and the other OUTLAND. These two categories have different processing times for 2016 apps, not sure about the new applicants and I think they would be expecting to see some document backing up her stay in Canada which u don't have and didn't include.

When did u submit ur app? Pls try and correct this error to avoid much delays. CIC usually returns app with mistkes after the file has spent time in thier custody and u have to start again.

So sorry about that.
Submitted September 18th, 2017, so I doubt they have opened it yet.

goddess2017

Sep 13, 2017
This is from their guide . The "your relationship" aspect of it throws it off. It's pretty confusing I must say but I hope it's not a big deal because I sent it to the outland processing address. They should have just kept it simple and have spouse (which is what the old forms had) instead of this living in canada, outside of canada business on the new forms.

Tell us the nature of your relationship to the principal applicant:
  • Spouse
  • Common-law partner
  • Conjugal partner
  • Parent
  • Other (do not check)

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
send the correction to CIC with updated form and explanation of the error because u don't want your file delayed. they will send it back to you for correction so beat them to the punch. submit updated version to them else expect return of your package 1st week of October

Limanye

Sep 30, 2017
Saskatchewan, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
31-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
File Transfer...
27-02-2017
Bless you. Ours filed Feb 1 so that's very close. Assuming you did medicals up front? (Ours were requested mid-July)
When my husband went to get his medicals done upfront in Accra at the end of December 2016 they told him that since the process changed in December 2016 he could not do the medicals upfront. Instead he would have to wait for them to be requested. Since we submitted by January 31st we used the 2016 application forms and process (we were told by our lawyer that the cutoff for submitting with the 2016 forms and process was Jan 31st). CIC has not made any request for medicals, so we are assuming that our application is being treated as a 2016 application.

Cei325

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
I submitted my application June and got request for police certificate August now I am expecting medicals request this October, but I noticed something since they approved my spouse to sponsor and also requested my police certificate, which I have submitted the last letter on of my family name was spelt "N" instead of "M" and this mistake is from CIC in Mississauga. What should I do? Should i wait after my medicals the I write a letter for name change why sending passport or what? Tnx

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
When my husband went to get his medicals done upfront in Accra at the end of December 2016 they told him that since the process changed in December 2016 he could not do the medicals upfront. Instead he would have to wait for them to be requested. Since we submitted by January 31st we used the 2016 application forms and process (we were told by our lawyer that the cutoff for submitting with the 2016 forms and process was Jan 31st). CIC has not made any request for medicals, so we are assuming that our application is being treated as a 2016 application.
you guys better call cic and explain what happened soggy can expedite sending you the medical forms ..... as a rush

Reactions: nwaefulu_716

HisAma

Jul 8, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
AOR Received.
01-10-2017
Hi Limanye, my situation and timing is very similar to yours. I'm Canadian and sponsoring my husband from Ghana. We used the 2016 forms and docs, which were received Jan 10, 2017. I was approved as a sponsor and the application was in progress within about a month.
We have not been contacted since. The main difference between our situations is that my husband did his medical in late October so we submitted it up front, along with the police clearance. In MyCIC, it says his medical passed. It will expire this month so I'm not sure if he'll have to do it again. We'll see how that plays out and deal with it then.
Anyway, as for your situation, you can contact them about the medical if you think it will help. But keep in mind that you're on the old process and it doesn't make sense to me to compare to the new process. The 2017 applicants (post Jan 31) are asked for their medicals early in the process. For 2016 applicants, I'm pretty sure they will ask for his medical when they actually start to process his application. If anyone has a different opinion, please share.

Holymoses

Dec 30, 2016
Hi Limanye, my situation and timing is very similar to yours. I'm Canadian and sponsoring my husband from Ghana. We used the 2016 forms and docs, which were received Jan 10, 2017. I was approved as a sponsor and the application was in progress within about a month.
We have not been contacted since. The main difference between our situations is that my husband did his medical in late October so we submitted it up front, along with the police clearance. In MyCIC, it says his medical passed. It will expire this month so I'm not sure if he'll have to do it again. We'll see how that plays out and deal with it then.
Anyway, as for your situation, you can contact them about the medical if you think it will help. But keep in mind that you're on the old process and it doesn't make sense to me to compare to the new process. The 2017 applicants (post Jan 31) are asked for their medicals early in the process. For 2016 applicants, I'm pretty sure they will ask for his medical when they actually start to process his application. If anyone has a different opinion, please share.
My application seem similar kind of ,am late December 2017 applicant 23rd to be precise ,but I did my medicals upfront and it's expired now still yet to hear from then on renewing my medicals

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
3rd November, 2016 ; 15th November In process in Accra
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
My application will be one year old tomorrow. Praying for good news for us this week. Amen.

Chingy

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra Visa Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
25-03-2014
AOR Received.
28-03-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Yes
Med's Request
03-11-2014
Med's Done....
16-11-2014
Interview........
Waived IJN
Passport Req..
16th March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
7th April 2015
LANDED..........
May 2015 IJN
Hi, I am in d same boat with you, our application reached Jan 13 2017 and we did medical Oct 26th upfront. I know it expires in abt 3weeks time, do you think it's wise to contact them asking if you need to do another medical OR just wait till they send u MR??

Wunmiakoda

Sep 15, 2017
Similar situation here. We submitted app and got an email jan 27th that our file has been moved to accra. My husband is sponsoring me and we used the old forms, with me doing medicals and police report upfront. So far theres nothing on mycic page. No medicals passed, nothing. Its kinda worrisome and i dont know what to do. I mean its October already and people who submitted applications mid year have their medicals passed already. Is my worry justifiable or i shiuld just sit and wait till the end of the 12th month before making a move.