+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

Jayotuks

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
i wonder how long it will take them to clear the backlog. it dosen't even seem like they are actually doing anything. Its either they have other things taking up their time or they dont see the need to hasten up. Either ways it is really disappointing and depressing . to think that some people from August 2016 are yet to get PPR, it makes one to wonder what is AVO really doing?

becos

Aug 25, 2016
i wonder how long it will take them to clear the backlog. it dosen't even seem like they are actually doing anything. Its either they have other things taking up their time or they dont see the need to hasten up. Either ways it is really disappointing and depressing . to think that some people from August 2016 are yet to get PPR, it makes one to wonder what is AVO really doing?
And to think when I joined this forum they were processing at 8 months which seemed crazy long. And now, here we are, 13 months later without a word and losing hope daily. I have been quiet because I've been sad, frustrated and stressed, as I'm sure many others are. Rest assured I will speak up when I hear something, for now I need space from here. I'm busy rethinking my whole life and plans...

Reactions: queenanetor

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
And to think when I joined this forum they were processing at 8 months which seemed crazy long. And now, here we are, 13 months later without a word and losing hope daily. I have been quiet because I've been sad, frustrated and stressed, as I'm sure many others are. Rest assured I will speak up when I hear something, for now I need space from here. I'm busy rethinking my whole life and plans...
Just remember, this separation will end. Every day is one day closer to you and your husband being together.

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
when did you apply? and how far have you come with the app

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Have you attempted to send webform to Visa office with explicit details to the delay and lack of communication on your application??
If you have not please start because sounds very off.
when you send them a webform list the date the app was submitted and 13 months later NO communication is the file lost and if not to please advise what the hold up is. Don't be afraid to communicate with them and don't hold back. Just be nice and thorough with your query.

Last edited:

colmiz

Oct 6, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
13-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
02-11-2016
I called cic Mississauga and after following the automated instructions, I was told any application after Sept 9th, hasn't started processing. Just praying they get to us soon....

waitingInTO

Nov 14, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
11-10-2016
AOR Received.
02-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront - passed
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
24-10-2017 Submitted 01-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2017
LANDED..........
before end of the year
I called cic Mississauga and after following the automated instructions, I was told any application after Sept 9th, hasn't started processing. Just praying they get to us soon....
@colmiz please tell me he meant sep 2017 cos that just doesnt make sense. how do they explain those from nov 2016 who are getting ppr?

becos

Aug 25, 2016
Have you attempted to send webform to Visa office with explicit details to the delay and lack of communication on your application??
If you have not please start because sounds very off.
when you send them a webform list the date the app was submitted and 13 months later NO communication is the file lost and if not to please advise what the hold up is. Don't be afraid to communicate with them and don't hold back. Just be nice and thorough with your query.
Yes, after many many many attempts we finally got a response from the webform or CSE on August 28th, that all was well and it was in process. Then our MP when they looked into things again said it was processing and all seemed to be in order.

I was all ready to send documents for additional docs but now this whole no more than 20 pages of proof of relationship is freaking me out. I can't believe they would only want that much.... I'm wondering if I should send anything extra at all.

@colmiz did they mean 2016 or 2017 sept apps?

becos

Aug 25, 2016
Hi @becos still no word for us yet...have you tried e-mailing them..tell them it's been 1year and you haven't heard anything from from them the month you filled the applicantiapplication and month it was transferred also talk about yours husband's medical and say you both are wondering what's the next step ..put your application number and husband's ICU numbers aswell that's what I did. Best wishes and God bless..han
Hi queenanetor, yes we have tried everything, webform, emails, CSE, phone calls and even our MP. The only answer we get is that it's in process. Praying for us both. Praying for us all.

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Yes, after many many many attempts we finally got a response from the webform or CSE on August 28th, that all was well and it was in process. Then our MP when they looked into things again said it was processing and all seemed to be in order.

I was all ready to send documents for additional docs but now this whole no more than 20 pages of proof of relationship is freaking me out. I can't believe they would only want that much.... I'm wondering if I should send anything extra at all.
it doesn't hurt if you are sending more then 20 items .. before if it was limited details CIC had a problem and now we are providing more and they want leas.LOL. you can email all the additional information to their email shrink it all to word document and send it in of they require original you can always mail it.

waitingInTO

Nov 14, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
11-10-2016
AOR Received.
02-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront - passed
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2017
LANDED..........
before end of the year

@colmiz did they mean 2016 or 2017 sept apps?
@becos The not more than 20 pages is for the post-Dec 7th applicants. That was part of their new changes for efficiency. The rules for your file when you were applying was that submit as much as possible that you need to demonstrate your relationship is real, so I wouldn't be afraid if I were you.
Hang in there and don't lose hope!

waitingInTO

Nov 14, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
11-10-2016
AOR Received.
02-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront - passed
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2017
LANDED..........
before end of the year
how do I order the visa officer's notes copy for myself
@Cutie101, same way you would for your partner. through GCMS notes, but instead of their UCI, you put yours. Or do you mean how to you order GCMS notes in general?

waitingInTO

Nov 14, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
11-10-2016
AOR Received.
02-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront - passed
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2017
LANDED..........
before end of the year
how do I order the visa officer's notes copy for myself
If it is for your spouse, then follow these instructions I posted a while back:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/thread-for-acrra-ghana-applicants.64640/page-620#post-5859450

• Have your spouse fill out this form, scan and email to you: Consent for an Access to Information and Personal Information Request (IMM 5744)
  • Then go to cic site and follow the steps on "How to make a request under the Access to Information Act"
  • Enter all the info

• Be sure to to use the option that requires a $5 fee: "Access to information Act"
  • Attach the form your spouse sent to you.

• Then pay your $5 online and submit

Wapsis

Star Member
Aug 3, 2017
App. Filed.......
02-02-2017
Doc's Request.
April 2017
File Transfer...
March 2017
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
12-07-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting... God's grace
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting... God's grace
LANDED..........
Can't wait
Why not contact your MP? Am sure they can do something since its more than a year... it's well