+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
As everyone has said, do as much as you can and send to them. I will suggest that you mail all documents by DHL or fedex to Accra. You can have a cover letter (signed by the applicant) to AVO and the reason for this cover letter is to explain beyond reasonable doubt that you and your spouse are legally married and its a legit marriage. Let this cover letter be like a story some what and there will be different sets of printed pictures to buttress each section of the cover letter. This is what i did before submitting the application in Mississauga. Include as much documents as possible that you have. Dont say that this is too much or that is too much. Remember you are trying to convince the Immigration officer and you dont know what specific information he/she is looking for. The more you have and can show, the better you can explain your case to him/her.

Because you have to submit so many documents to Accra AVO, doing it online using MyCIC will not be sufficient. Good luck @Denne
if she's in Canada I believe u can send it to Mississauga as well doesn't have to go to AO

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Still no responds from anyone about linking my application to mycic, Is it cos my application hasn't been entered into cic system yet or what. I don't get and no one has been able to explain anything to me in here rather my question are ignored
Try these steps to successfully link your application to your online account! (myCIC)

1. Log in with GC Key account

2. Permanent Residence - Family Class (Spouses)

2. Application Number and Family Name - Copy/paste application number from email (including the F) and enter PA's last name

3. City of Birth - enter 1 space (hit spacebar once)

4. Country of Birth - Select PA's country of birth

5. Passport Info - Do not enter any passport info

6. Other Application Info - Fill out the other application info as per your application and put '2' as the number of members in the application for sponsor + spouse (add +1 per dependents)

OR...

1. Log in with GCKey account

2. Permanent Residence - Family Class (Spouses)
3. Application Number and Unique Client Identifier (UCI) - Insert application number and UCI from email

4. City of Birth - Insert PA's City of Birth

5. Country of Birth - Select PA's Country of birth

6. Passport Info - Insert Passport number, issuance and expiration info

7. Other Application Info - Fill out the other application info as per your application (Province, City and marital status) and put '2' as the number of members in the application for sponsor + spouse (add +1 per dependent, if any)

8. Click on the 'Search for my application' tab

9. Then on 'Link my application' tab

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
@Denne make sure when your ready to send the package off with DHL or other courier ask fornsignature required and make sure to always make duplicate of everything your sending just in case the claim not to receive it you have back up

me2605

Jun 3, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
04-07-17
AOR Received.
14-08-17
File Transfer...
29-08-17; AOR 2 16-10-17
Hello Everyone,

My sponsor got his SA on the 23rd of August, please does anyone know what is next and if it is medicals, within how many days will i get it so my file can be transferred.

Thanks!!!

me2605

Jun 3, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
04-07-17
AOR Received.
14-08-17
File Transfer...
29-08-17; AOR 2 16-10-17
Hello Everyone, my online status changed from application received to in process, please what is the meaning and who knows the next step?

Thank you

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Hello Everyone,

My sponsor got his SA on the 23rd of August, please does anyone know what is next and if it is medicals, within how many days will i get it so my file can be transferred.

Thanks!!!
if they just got approved they will transfer the file to the visa office so Accra for u? have u submitted your police clearance and schedule A? if not that's next. then accra will request medicals as to how long it varies could be within 30 days to 2 months or less.. after medicals if passd then file moves on to background review which can take another 0 to 3months. if all good to go u have solid documents then passport request if not then they will require additional documentation. then if satisfied u move on to passport request if the case worker isn't satisfied with your additional document then they need interview ... and so forth just giving you hypothetical scenarios

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Hello Everyone, my online status changed from application received to in process, please what is the meaning and who knows the next step?

Thank you
what type of application?
is the application approved?
you need to give more details please..

me2605

Jun 3, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
04-07-17
AOR Received.
14-08-17
File Transfer...
29-08-17; AOR 2 16-10-17
if they just got approved they will transfer the file to the visa office so Accra for u? have u submitted your police clearance and schedule A? if not that's next. then accra will request medicals as to how long it varies could be within 30 days to 2 months or less.. after medicals if passd then file moves on to background review which can take another 0 to 3months. if all good to go u have solid documents then passport request if not then they will require additional documentation. then if satisfied u move on to passport request if the case worker isn't satisfied with your additional document then they need interview ... and so forth just giving you hypothetical scenarios
thank you for the reply... i thought medicals was being requested for before it will be transferred to Accra. Yes, i have submitted my schedule A and police clearance. I even just noticed today that my online status changed from application received to in process.

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
for mine.. CIC requested schedule A and PCC to be submitted. I submitted that June 8th then I called CIC office Mississauga to send me request for the medicals at that time they were having system issues. Linked app status said medicals required but really it wasn't because of system problems so I used it to my advantage and asked them to send request to Ottawa for them to send me the request regardless because I don't know if I actually am being advised to do so or if it's their system glitch. So June 22 they send me request to complete medicals with the form attached in the linked app document section. I got medical request literally 2 weeks of app being transferred to visa office. so it's case by case once the file gets transferred accra is the one to send u request for medicals. the time can vary

Last edited:

becos

Aug 25, 2016
thank you for the reply... i thought medicals was being requested for before it will be transferred to Accra. Yes, i have submitted my schedule A and police clearance. I even just noticed today that my online status changed from application received to in process.
It seems AVO is different. They request medicals way later.

BlackDiamond

Jul 19, 2017
Liberia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
15-02-2016
AOR Received.
03-16-2016
File Transfer...
30-03-2016
Med's Request
17-03-2017
Med's Done....
04-04-2017
@Denne, everyone has said everything, pretty much. Cic asked for the same from me in January of this year and the few things that I sent that made a difference, from what I could see in my notes, were notarized letters from my pastor and my neighbors, as well as our joint bank account, our life insurance policy, but most importantly a declaration from my spouse attesting to the authenticity of the relationship. If you can get any or most of these it would really help. All letters need to be notarized.

Hope all goes well.

me2605

Jun 3, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
04-07-17
AOR Received.
14-08-17
File Transfer...
29-08-17; AOR 2 16-10-17
Hello,

what does this mean "ECAS Permanent Residence Application Status 'In Process' "mean? and what is the next step after this?

becos

Aug 25, 2016
Hello,

what does this mean "ECAS Permanent Residence Application Status 'In Process' "mean? and what is the next step after this?
It just means it's going through the process. It will stay like that for months and months with no changes. It basically doesn't change until your passport is in your hand with your visa in it. ECAS is not reliable for updates.

There really aren't many "steps" in this process. Cutie101 listed what there is for you. This is a long process that requires a lot of patience. It's not something that can be micromanaged. I encourage you just to be patient and wait until CIC gets in touch with you. They will do so via email. The online systems really won't tell you anything, the emails they send will. But again, this is a long process. Patience is key to surviving it. Don't expect a lot of communication from CIC. That's not their style. Best of luck.

Milaby

Star Member
Apr 29, 2017
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
28-04-2017
Hello,

It means your file has been transferred to the responsible visa office for further processing. The next step is to wait for your visa office to start processing (your file is being open and look into), followed by medical request, background check, passport request, getting your visa and landing but easier said than done. Patience is the key in this process. Hope that helps:)

me2605

Jun 3, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
04-07-17
AOR Received.
14-08-17
File Transfer...
29-08-17; AOR 2 16-10-17
It means your file has been transferred to the responsible visa office for further processing. The next step is to wait for your visa office to start processing (your file is being open and look into), followed by medical request, background check, passport request, getting your visa and landing but easier said than done. Patience is the key in this process. Hope that helps:)
thank you... so i should be expecting AOR2 soon