App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
3rd November, 2016 ; 15th November In process in Accra
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
I thought about the quarter thing more, the end of the quarter would have been June so we should have seen more movement this month.... I'm think their staff are all on vacation since it's nice weather in Canada now.

I just looked back at my spread sheet of all AVO apps from this forum in the past three years and there was only one person who heard anything from AVO in July last year, I swear they are just off work right now. It picked up again in August and then a bunch of people got PPR in October last year.
That would be awful if they can all just pack up shop and go on vacation at the same time but if this silence has been a trend, then let's look forward to August. I have a feeling things will pick up next month too. Fingers cross.

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
I just got my gcms notes today btw and there seems to be nothing on it from when it was transferred to Accra. Everything says not started and it seems to still be in the eligibility stage.

Pake

Star Member
Jun 2, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Avo
App. Filed.......
19-09-2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
28-10-2016
File Transfer...
31-10-2016
Med's Request
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016
Interview........
None at this time
Passport Req..
Soon by the grace of God
VISA ISSUED...
Soon by the grace of God
LANDED..........
Soon
I just got my gcms notes today btw and there seems to be nothing on it from when it was transferred to Accra. Everything says not started and it seems to still be in the eligibility stage.
It seems like they are not even touching our files.it so sad...

MrsKoj

Star Member
Oct 25, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
19-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
30-08-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18-10-2017
When did you apply? Applied for mine since May 23rd. They still haven't sent my notes back :(

BlackDiamond

Jul 19, 2017
Liberia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
15-02-2016
AOR Received.
03-16-2016
File Transfer...
30-03-2016
Med's Request
17-03-2017
Med's Done....
04-04-2017
Greetings to all.... I am the newest lost star seeking advice and support on this tedious and extremely frustrating process. I applied since Feb. 2016. I am a deportation case, so I know that my timeline will be a bit longer than most of you. The time is starting to get to me though.

AVO asked me to redo my medical and police clearances in March, which I did but I have not heard anything back and it has almost been a month. It is quite reassuring to know that I am not the only one. The vacation theory makes the most sense to me, in terms of why they are not responding. But Lord I pray that they come back soon. :(

debbiejosh

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/05/2014
Nomination.....
09/09/2014
Med's Request
02/03/2015
Med's Done....
05/03/2015
Passport Req..
25/03/2015
I don't think the VOs are on vacation. Student visas are still being attended to, express entry applicants and even those with SOWP, are getting responses from this same AVO.
I think family class, which we fall under is not just their priority.
It's so sad, that even with the new instructions, AVO isn't moving at a fast pace

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
I don't think the VOs are on vacation. Student visas are still being attended to, express entry applicants and even those with SOWP, are getting responses from this same AVO.
I think family class, which we fall under is not just their priority.
It's so sad, that even with the new instructions, AVO isn't moving at a fast pace
You're right. There is no way they can all just go on vacation. They just don't have visas at this time for family class I think.

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
I applied for it sometime in June. Took 3 weeks I think.
When did you apply? Applied for mine since May 23rd. They still haven't sent my notes back :(

MrsKoj

Star Member
Oct 25, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
19-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
30-08-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18-10-2017
I applied for it sometime in June. Took 3 weeks I think.
Wow. I have messaged them 3 times now. They acknowledged my notes are overdue but they have no idea when I'll get them. This whole process has drained me emotionally to my core. It is like every aspect of this process is a different stage of hell fire. Nothing is happening. Nobody is saying anything. Nobody is accountable for anything. How can Family Class, the most important aspect of immigration have the lesser priority. If this is happening to us who applied since September 2016, what will happen to those who applied this year. I'm tired. And I know complaining does nothing, but sometimes, something needs to be said. How can you sit on people's files, people who are depending on you to reunite them with their family, and then you go home to your own family at night? That's wickedness. I feel so hopeless.

Reactions: colmiz

JOSH717

Oct 26, 2016
Guys...This is the message I received yesterday from AVO after complaining about my passport being kept for 2 months 18 days.....

Please note that we do not your medical results. Please provide proof of completion of medical examination.

becos

Aug 25, 2016
Meanwhile, my passport is already with them.... Is that remedical?
Hi josh, when did you do your last medical? Did you ever receive instructions from them on how to go do a remedial? If not I would ask them immediately for the document and go for the medical. PPR should immediately follow.

JOSH717

Oct 26, 2016
I did upfront medical as far as last year March....I didn't know much about the whole process.I have already received ppr...that was in April,2017 BUT I think they forgot that my medicals has expired.So I was confused why they didn't ask for remedical....And after waiting for 2 months 18days without the visa,I sent them an email on 17th July upon your advise.And the responds what I just posted. So I have already received ppr waiting for my pickup mail

dave77123

Jun 18, 2016
I really don't know what to say or how to what we are going through but I really wish I the process is not beyound my control . I applied May 2016. Nothing serious till now they only ask for genuiness of marriage after a year of application which we did submit and nothing again after . I don't want to burst your bubbles new applicant but west Africa Canadian embassy is no way to go when it comes to sponsorship. They need to adress this issue in Canada not Africa because they don't care about us. At allllllll. All I do is pray for better days to be with my baby because this is our stagnation. Life is too short for the trauma. It can be frustrating praying and not getting reply but don't give up bcos that's all we can do now and atimes you have second thought regretting why you go into this , don't get too worked up, it's normal we are human butdont give up or be negative Ghana sucks . we need someone inside to fight for this treatment from Ghana AVo. When they promise to mail back in 30 days , it's all lies . Fed up