Passport Req..
2nd visa issuance June 5,2013
VISA ISSUED...
June 12,2013
LANDED..........
June 17,2013
kwacha said:
hello everyone,
my Husband just had his interview and was told they will get back to him. we submitted lots of evidence and new pictures (over 200) and the interviewer said she has concerns that we did not do a traditional wedding. he said the lady was nice though and actually told my husband she was sorry that we did not provide that... she has 3 concerns.. 1.. my father has not met him, 2. no crowds at our wedding and 3. my husband has not travelled to my country to see my people.. she took everything he had and only gave him back out skype conversations back up (i think coz we gave most of these when we applied)

PLEASE has anyone had to wait for decision after interview?? how long do we have to wait .. thank you everyone..
not giving up.. still standing strong in faith - All things are working together for good!!

It is better you write a letter and more proves too tackle all the concern the immigration brought up before they make finally decision.

I know Bbccanada had interview November last year and I think the officer was in doubt and believe me,he still waiting to hear from them since 6 months . You might be luck if they make early decision on ur own case. Send more proves and be prayful.

Monalizy

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-5-2012
Doc's Request.
RFPR nov 28, 2012
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 18. 2012 bcos I withdrew
Med's Done....
20-03-2012 2nd med April 29th 2013
Interview........
1st visa issuance Dec 19,2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
June 12,2013
LANDED..........
June 17,2013
chenny said:
Guys,please i need as many help as i can get on this forum.i received a letter from the immigration saying i have 30days to proof my marriage is genuine.i did my engagement ceremony in absentia after the sponsorship application has been sent.Definately i didnt send the pictures along with my application as that wasn't included.i dont know if i can send them now.please i need advice on what to do ASAP.thank you
What were you thinking sending ur application without your engagement picture and you could even not forward it to them afterwards.....hmmmm.

Anyway gather all the pictures before engagement and after. More prove you can get like emails, phone records,plane ticket,vacation pictures and write them a letter to explain your marriage is genuine.

Teni

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
@ Chenny just keep calm, and send the pictures and any other information that you think might help to prove ur relationship is genuine,eg if u av boarding pass, western union money transfer receipt include it pls,send with Dhl as soon as possible, give them 2wks-1mth and u would be called for ur visa.
Cheers

kwacha

Oct 15, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
accra (Ghana)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-2012
File Transfer...
10-10-2012
Med's Request
08-07-2012
Interview........
21-05-2013
My application was denied... does anyone know a good lawyer in edmonton?
thanks for your support everyone

Monalizy

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-5-2012
Doc's Request.
RFPR nov 28, 2012
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 18. 2012 bcos I withdrew
Med's Done....
20-03-2012 2nd med April 29th 2013
Interview........
1st visa issuance Dec 19,2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
June 12,2013
LANDED..........
June 17,2013
That is sad. I'm really sorry about that. I think you should consult ppl like limbo and Canadianwoman ,they have gone thru the appeal process. You however have to do your tradition wedding and let your husband meet your family. Just solve all the problems the immigration officer mentioned. God is your strength .

You should be prepare for anoda years of waiting. Sometimes appeal process takes close to 3years.

Woow

May 11, 2013
Hello all,please can anyone assist me with a hotel close to accra immigration office and the cost? Your response will be helpful...thank you.

abauwa

Apr 5, 2013
Monalizy said:
That is sad. I'm really sorry about that. I think you should consult ppl like limbo and Canadianwoman ,they have gone thru the appeal process. You however have to do your tradition wedding and let your husband meet your family. Just solve all the problems the immigration officer mentioned. God is your strength .

You should be prepare for anoda years of waiting. Sometimes appeal process takes close to 3years.
Kwacha,
I suggest you put in a new application all together since processing time now is just 3-4 months than to go through an appeal process and wait for 3 years considering the stress, frustration and anxiety. but make sure you load your application with lots of proof and erase or take care of those concerns the officer has in your new application. don't waste your money on any lawyer.use some to pay for the processing fees and then pamper yourself with the rest. what do you think? 3-4 months against 3years. I would have done that

Woow

May 11, 2013
Jermiah29_11 said:
Thank you Woow,
Mine came from within Ontario, an hour from Toronto - so not far. It arrived the very next day after I sent it (despite the massive snowstorm that hit that very same day :p) It was sent on the 7th of February and arrived on the 8th. It went to the Mississauga office.
Have you heard about your sponsor approval status? Has your application been sent to Accra already? It was only just 2 months once it arrived in Accra, so if your case is very clear cut with LOTS and I mean LOTS of evidence (photos, letters from friends, people of authority who know your relationship, phone bills, emails, etc) then I am sure you will hear something very soon.
All the best!

Hello jeremiah,please can anyone you assist me with a hotel close to accra immigration office and the cost? ,and how safe it is.....Your response will be helpful...thank you.

Daisyd5

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
I suggest you put in a new application all together since processing time now is just 3-4 months than to go through an appeal process and wait for 3 years considering the stress, frustration and anxiety. but make sure you load your application with lots of proof and erase or take care of those concerns the officer has in your new application. don't waste your money on any lawyer.use some to pay for the processing fees and then pamper yourself with the rest. what do you think? 3-4 months against 3years. I would have done that

Dear Abauwa

How do you know processing time is 3-4 months?

Jermiah29_11

Jan 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-02-2013
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
28-01-2013
Interview........
07-05-2013
Passport Req..
13-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-05-2013
LANDED..........
31-08-2013
Daisyd5 said:

Dear Abauwa

How do you know processing time is 3-4 months?
Daisy d5
I'm sorry...how blind and ignorant do you think CIC is?? You can't just go and reapply like nothing ever happened. Everything about you is in the system and in the records. Unless you did a name change and family change I'm not really sure how they are not going to notice.

Kwasha, I am so sorry that your application was denied. I can't imagine how you must feel right now. I personally would spend the money on a lawyer - to a point...I would see the aspects that I could do on my own first and then where you are not sure and is vital information that you need I would find a recommended lawyer - but again that is totally your personal choice to do what you feel is best for you.

I would do whatever you can to continue to collect evidence of the genuineness of your relationship. Do whatever you need to to answer those questions of concern - even if that means getting your father to Africa (assuming he is able and capable to fly) or have a good reason why they haven't met and why he wasn't at your wedding.

Go and do a traditional wedding - or whichever kind of wedding that is recognized. Go and spend more time with your husband in Nigeria - document it. The more you are able to do the stronger it will make your case. Then pray that it is doesn't take so long to go through the appeal. I'll be praying for you too.

Sincerely

Jermiah29_11

Jan 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-02-2013
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
28-01-2013
Interview........
07-05-2013
Passport Req..
13-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-05-2013
LANDED..........
31-08-2013
Woow said:
Hello jeremiah,please can anyone you assist me with a hotel close to accra immigration office and the cost? ,and how safe it is.....Your response will be helpful...thank you.
Hello WOOW,
I don't know too much about that area but here are the couple places I do know about:

I remember someone previously mentioning the Coconut Grove hotel (or something like that). I walked by it with my husband when we left the Canadian embassy and it really is close. My husband said it is a very nice place as he has been there for different training seminars. I don't know the price however.

The other place I know of is because a professor of mine has stayed there is: Golden Crest Lodge on Tanbu St. in East Legon (http://www.goldencrestlodge.com/). It's just above the Accra Mall - so it will be about a 20 min ride (in good traffic) a LOT longer in bad traffic.

I've seen pictures of the Golden Tulip and have driven by it but I'm pretty sure the cost of that hotel is VERY expensive.

Hope that helps. When do you plan to come?

Daisyd5

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Jeremiah I am not the one who suggested to re apply.... I just asked Aowa how he/she knew that the process is only 4 months ?

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
20-01-2017 in process Accra 02-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
Monalizy said:
It is better you write a letter and more proves too tackle all the concern the immigration brought up before they make finally decision.

I know Bbccanada had interview November last year and I think the officer was in doubt and believe me,he still waiting to hear from them since 6 months . You might be luck if they make early decision on ur own case. Send more proves and be prayful.
Yes, you were right monalizy, now they are saying to my mp that they sent me a letter but that wasn't true. I am glad i kept all the email they sent that my file is in queues for review. Now i understand the way the accra office work if you give them too much they will find 1 thing and use it against you. Lesson learnt, if they don't ask don't send them that was the lesson i have learnt for my wife's sponsorship.

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
20-01-2017 in process Accra 02-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
kwacha said:
My application was denied... does anyone know a good lawyer in edmonton?
thanks for your support everyone
Kwacha, sorry to hear such a heart breaking news and i know how you feel but the good news is that refusal based on non genuiene in easy to over come with patient and prayer though is not easy but let accept the situation and let God do the rest. I think the best thing is to ask people maybe someone would recommand a good laywer to you. You can also join the spousal appeal thread and there are a lot of people from Edmonton who can help. Take care and remember this is painful believe me but it shall be well at the end of the day.