+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

becos

Aug 25, 2016
samola10 said:
Omg,
just realized passport going to expire in February 2017, maybe vo might ask me again to get new passport to grant visa.
please anyone with idea??
Samola,
You must get a new passport as soon as possible. You cannot travel anywhere with a passport that is expiring within 6 months. You should let AVO know you need to renew or just go immediately to renew now before they ask for PPR. Maybe others can weigh in on what to tell AVO and how but you must get a new passport as soon as possible. I will ask my friends who this also happened to and see what they did.

samola10

Jan 17, 2016
Lagos
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
23-11-2015
Doc's Request.
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
06-04-2016
Med's Request
29-11-2016 done re-medical and will be sent to accra by doctor
Med's Done....
24-07-2015, medical now confirmed passed on 22-04-2016. Thank God, 07-10-2016 schedule A, additional family information, police certificate Nigeria nd Uk nd kids medicals requested nd all submitted
Interview........
not my portion IJN, on the 05/01/2017 eCas show decision made... Thank God, journey almost completed.
Passport Req..
soon
Good morning God people,
Thank you for your numerous advice and support in fact I just got to the remedial center to complete my medicals and after I ll head on to the immigration office.
Once again thank u all

Lekki

Sep 13, 2016
Lekki
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 Feb 2016
AOR Received.
11 Mar 2016
samola10 said:
Good morning God people,
Thank you for your numerous advice and support in fact I just got to the remedial center to complete my medicals and after I ll head on to the immigration office.
Once again thank u all
Yes that is best. Most countries will not let you enter and certainly wont issue a visa with less than 6 months on your passport. It should only take two or three days in Lagos and PPR gives you 15 days to submit.

Egwejemu said:
Hi Andy Congratulations in advance , please what is your timeline?

Yes it means that you are at the last hurdle. Send everything in and you will get PPR very shortly. From what I know from reading peoples experiences here, redo meds is the last stage before PPR

samola10

Jan 17, 2016
Lagos
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
23-11-2015
Doc's Request.
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
06-04-2016
Med's Request
29-11-2016 done re-medical and will be sent to accra by doctor
Med's Done....
24-07-2015, medical now confirmed passed on 22-04-2016. Thank God, 07-10-2016 schedule A, additional family information, police certificate Nigeria nd Uk nd kids medicals requested nd all submitted
Interview........
not my portion IJN, on the 05/01/2017 eCas show decision made... Thank God, journey almost completed.
Passport Req..
soon
Good morning God people,
This is my update, I got to medical center on Thursday morning and when my name was called I present my passport and form behold the rep told me to go get a new passport and come back for my medical examination as they can't work with 3 months left on pp to expiration.
I left went straight to immigration office done my application I was asked to come on Tuesday next week to collect it.
I hope this time not too late though AVO gave 30 days to submit medicals and I believe that on or before Friday next week it will be delivered to AVO and I will also email before it gets there.
please if you have any advice do not hesitate to give...
many thanks

Lekki

Sep 13, 2016
Lekki
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 Feb 2016
AOR Received.
11 Mar 2016
samola10 said:
Good morning God people,
This is my update, I got to medical center on Thursday morning and when my name was called I present my passport and form behold the rep told me to go get a new passport and come back for my medical examination as they can't work with 3 months left on pp to expiration.
I left went straight to immigration office done my application I was asked to come on Tuesday next week to collect it.
I hope this time not too late though AVO gave 30 days to submit medicals and I believe that on or before Friday next week it will be delivered to AVO and I will also email before it gets there.
please if you have any advice do not hesitate to give...
many thanks
Frustrating delays but you will be fine.
AVO gets medicals results instantly directly from the clinic

momma obasi

Oct 27, 2015
calgary,canada
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-15-2015
Doc's Request.
06-03-2016
Nomination.....
11-02-2015
AOR Received.
11-03-2015
File Transfer...
12-11-2015
Med's Done....
09-01-2015
Interview........
I hope not
Passport Req..
11-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
I pray soon
LANDED..........
by Gods grace in 2016
So my husband got a email on the 11th of november...to say his visa is ready but he needs a medical
done again..so by that friday the received it.how long will it take to set his passport back and when he
went to dhl to send his passport, they told him they don't have prepaid envelopes anymore. ? That when
Avo emails us to say his passport s ready to be collected that he takes the email to dhl and arrange a pick up. ?
Is this right?

colmiz

Oct 6, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
13-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
02-11-2016
Hi everyone, just a quick question:
This is what my ecas says on the SA side ;

1.We received your application to sponsor XXXXXXXXXXX on September 16, 2016.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 13, 2016.
3. We started processing your application on October 12, 2016.
4. We sent you correspondence on October 31, 2016 about the decision on your application.
Do I get medical updates or that should be on PA side? If yes, then my PA side doesn't show it either.

gapoha

Star Member
Jul 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th May, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
27th May, 2016
File Transfer...
SA, 15th July, 2016
Med's Request
15th July, 2016
Med's Done....
18th July 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
8th Dec. 2016
VISA ISSUED...
17th Jan. 2017
LANDED..........
28th Jan 2017
colmiz said:

2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 13, 2016.
4. We sent you correspondence on October 31, 2016 about the decision on your application.
Do I get medical updates or that should be on PA side? If yes, then my PA side doesn't show it either.
Hi Colmiz, from your timeline you did your medical after you got your SA, so it might take several months to show on your ecas, i did mine too same way in July went I got SA and it has still not shown yet. I was told by members here that it might take 3 to 4 months to show but nothing yet. So just join the waiting queue.

becos

Aug 25, 2016
colmiz said:

Hey colmiz. Medical will show on PA side but not for a long time. Other VOs put it up quickly after the file transfer but not Accra. I asked about this a month or so ago as August apps from other VOs had theirs showing and I didn't and was worried. People on this thread weighed in to say that their medical line didn't update for many months, not until closer to PPR.

andy2011

Star Member
Feb 13, 2012
What does it mean if your visa application has been processed to the point where a medical examination is required ?

becos

Aug 25, 2016
andy2011 said:
What does it mean if your visa application has been processed to the point where a medical examination is required ?
Hi andy2011,
Every principal applicant needs to do a medical from a designated clinic and submit it with your application. It is valid for one year. You can do it before you submit your whole application or after you receive SA, as this is when they transfer your file and ask you if you haven't already, go do your medical and submit the documents. For AVO they don't uodate the line related to medical recieved until closer to PPR even if you submitted it months ago. Typically if you were issued PPR before your medical expired your issued visa would be valid until when your medical expires. If your application process goes beyond the expiry date of your medical or is soon approaching the expiry date you will be asked by AVO to go and do another one and submit the documents. Does that answer your question?

Egwejemu

Sep 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/04/2016
Doc's Request.
none
File Transfer...
14/06/2016
Interview........
not our portion
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
becos said:
Hi andy2011,
Every principal applicant needs to do a medical from a designated clinic and submit it with your application. It is valid for one year. You can do it before you submit your whole application or after you receive SA, as this is when they transfer your file and ask you if you haven't already, go do your medical and submit the documents. For AVO they don't uodate the line related to medical recieved until closer to PPR even if you submitted it months ago. Typically if you were issued PPR before your medical expired your issued visa would be valid until when your medical expires. If your application process goes beyond the expiry date of your medical or is soon approaching the expiry date you will be asked by AVO to go and do another one and submit the documents. Does that answer your question?

@bcos if truly Medical Lines Shows in Ecas when PPR is close then I'm getting super excited because that means my Husband Application is getting close to PPR. Our line previously was medical Received and its changed Last week to Medical Result have been Received... I just hope Good news is on the way.

Timosky99

Jun 25, 2016
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/4/2016
Doc's Request.
send
AOR Received.
5/5/2016
File Transfer...
SA-16/9/2016 ,in processes on 28/9/2016
Med's Request
passed 2nd medical done and passed on Feb 25
Med's Done....
February 10/2016
Interview........
Recommended 21/2/2017
Passport Req..
yes 22/2/17
VISA ISSUED...
10 /3/ 2017
LANDED..........
not yet
momma obasi said:
So my husband got a email on the 11th of november...to say his visa is ready but he needs a medical
done again..so by that friday the received it.how long will it take to set his passport back and when he
went to dhl to send his passport, they told him they don't have prepaid envelopes anymore. ? That when
Avo emails us to say his passport s ready to be collected that he takes the email to dhl and arrange a pick up. ?
Is this right?
Mama obasi...its true....according to what I learn Here...just do it the way they request of you..
Take the email to DHL they will do there job and bring the passport back to you..
Hope its helps

becos

Aug 25, 2016
Egwejemu said:
@bcos if truly Medical Lines Shows in Ecas when PPR is close then I'm getting super excited because that means my Husband Application is getting close to PPR. Our line previously was medical Received and its changed Last week to Medical Result have been Received... I just hope Good news is on the way.
I hope it comes soon! Which month did you apply?

Sugarcoconut

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
2-11-2016
AOR Received.
11-11-2016
File Transfer...
24-11-2016. Started processing in Accra Dec 8 2016.
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
05-09-2017 (PLEASE ANYONE THAT SEES THIS SHOULD HELP ME SHARE THIS GOODNEWS ON FORUM. I HAVE RECEIVED PPR. HAVING PROBLEM POSTING ON THREAD)
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Oct 2017 hopefully before medical expiry on 26th Oct
My dear brothers and sisters I have finally joined the queue and so far I can only thank God for the great sucess From application to SA took only 22days.

Applied on 2nd of Nov
AOR on 19th of Nov
SA/Transfer on 24th of Nov

I know this is where one needs to put on the waiting/patience garment but I still say the fast pace of the first phase is a good sign.