Waived
Passport Req..
Jan 28 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 5 2013
LANDED..........
June 19 2013
fernendez said:
I feel everyones pains even though I am not in that situation. I think we have to collectively act on this. A way forward will be to write a letter to the Prime Minister and Jason Kennedy bringing their awareness to how ridiculosly people are treated at the Accra VO as against places like Delhi etc. IDo you guys agree?
I support this initiative. How do we get started?

inlimbo

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-2009
File Transfer...
18-06-2009
Interview........
02-06-10
I'll draft up a letter!
I can post it here and we can collectively revise.

fernendez

Sep 26, 2010
chenny said:
yes i do agree,how and when do we write the letter?
It has to be a jopint effort. The problem with a lot of our people is that that back off when they need now. Even though, I am not affected by the events at Accra I feel for evryone going through it. Since I brought up the topic, has anyone replied apart from you? It shows our people are docile.

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
20-01-2017 in process Accra 02-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
fernendez said:
It has to be a jopint effort. The problem with a lot of our people is that that back off when they need now. Even though, I am not affected by the events at Accra I feel for evryone going through it. Since I brought up the topic, has anyone replied apart from you? It shows our people are docile.
Hey guys, this is a very good idea so now who wants to take in charge of the first draft? @ Fernendez, you know this forum has very few people so we are not going to have many people to participate but the few of us can do it. Here are the list of active people according to posting topic and coment

1) Fernendez
2)Mrs
3)Inlimbo
4)Chenny
5)Ghanawife
6)Canadianwoman
7)bbccanada
8)few others visiting from time to time

Now i think Fernendez brought up the topic so he decides who does the first draft or who wants to take in charge of the draft. Please let be active and get this thing done for sure.

Mrs.

Star Member
Nov 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 18 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 8 2012
File Transfer...
Nov 9 2012
Med's Done....
July 19 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan 28 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 5 2013
LANDED..........
June 19 2013
fernendez said:
As I stated above, you have my support.

Though my process was quick and successful, it was not without sleepless nights, constant worry and fear. Fear that I submitted everything I had and could have still been in the same stressful, trying and unneccessary situation as others going through Accra. I will help and support any way I can. No one should fear spousal sponsorship nor should anyone suffer through mishandling.

kwacha

Oct 15, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
accra (Ghana)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-2012
File Transfer...
10-10-2012
Med's Request
08-07-2012
Interview........
21-05-2013
bbccanada said:
Hey guys, this is a very good idea so now who wants to take in charge of the first draft? @ Fernendez, you know this forum has very few people so we are not going to have many people to participate but the few of us can do it. Here are the list of active people according to posting topic and coment

1) Fernendez
2)Mrs
3)Inlimbo
4)Chenny
5)Ghanawife
6)Canadianwoman
7)bbccanada

Now i think Fernendez brought up the topic so he decides who does the first draft or who wants to take in charge of the draft. Please let be active and get this thing done for sure.
Am in too :)

fernendez

Sep 26, 2010
bbccanada said:

1) Fernendez
2)Mrs
3)Inlimbo
4)Chenny
5)Ghanawife
6)Canadianwoman
7)bbccanada

I think the fear of most people on the forum is having to put their names on the letter. No one has to put a name on the letter. I will try and make a draft of the letter, we can all review it and decide if it is ok tor not before sending it out. We need to know that someone has to raise this concern or our people will continue to suffer ion silence. I am willing to initiate the draft as advised even though the situation does not affect me.

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
chenny said:
inlimbo,has drafted one too.kindly post it,so we can all see.fernendez can also draft too
Hello everyone, i am wondering if there is any way we can get the media involve so the accra office will hear it ................ so now inlimbo and Fernendez are making the draft.

fernendez

Sep 26, 2010
inlimbo said:
I'll draft up a letter!
I can post it here and we can collectively revise.
[/quot

I believe we can view the draft by email and not publicly here. Would it be a good idea to all inbox inlimbo our email address?

chenny

Star Member
Nov 7, 2012
you can send it as a message to each of us on this page,it automatically reflect in our email.we dont need to send our email.send us as a personal message on this page

inlimbo

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-2009
File Transfer...
18-06-2009
Interview........
02-06-10
I'm not able to do a draft until the weekend. I'm a busy solo mom of a two year old and working full time.

I'm also not intimidated in the slightest about being public or having my name on anything. I have nothing to lose or fear because I've already been dragged through the mud by Accra. I've had several newspaper articles written about me and my MP has also been quite supportive...actually extraordinarily supportive.

I think sending our letter to the Globe and Mail is important. I'm not sure what good it is to send letters to the offices of Harper and Kenney and not notify the media that we have done so. By involving the media, we can perhaps have a better chance at a response.

I've wanted to do this for a while now. There are so many factors to discuss; I think the most important thing will be not missing any key facts or observations, then communicating them clearly.

I have several things to complain about with Accra. Integral points from my own experience include:
-lack of careful assessment of the information in the file
-twisting and misappropriation of words leading to faulty procedural fairness arguments
-not emailing correspondence and receiving letters six weeks after they were written
-ignoring case specific inquiries
-not responding to complaints that the CIC website instructions on how to obtain a police check from South Korea were incorrect, then finally responding by redirecting us to the incorrect information
-stretching out the refusal process over 15 months
-issuing the rejection without my final response, which was not late
-reviewing the file after the successful appeal hearing and not requesting the medical exam redo at the same time as asking for new police checks

...and ultimately: WASTING MY TIME

But more importantly: discriminating against my family, contributing to my family being apart and not being able to thrive, having my son without his father for the first two years of his life and there being many sad days of missed love filled experiences.

If anyone else is interested in making notes to share here or PM me, I will draw up something as powerful as possible.

chenny

Star Member
Nov 7, 2012
i think we should very much involve the media,then write to the globe,as well as send copies to harper and kennedy too is very important.
really,they treated you badly for 5years,thats so unfair.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
I don't mind putting my name on it either.
In my case, specific problems with the Accra office:
- the visa officer interviewing us was very rude; for example, she yelled at both of us, and threw our application on the floor
- what she asked us and what she wrote on the interview notes did not match; for example, she asked my husband over and over why he wanted to marry a fat woman, which she did not mention in the notes; she asked me over and over how I knew my husband would not run away as soon as he got to Canada, again, which was not mentioned in the notes
- she did not record our answers accurately.

Really, people say that the visa officer is neutral and has no stake in the outcome, so why would they lie?, but I really felt she was biased. Maybe she was burnt out, maybe she had had enough of working in West Africa and dealing with people trying to scam their way into Canada, maybe she is racist.

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
canadianwoman said:
I don't mind putting my name on it either.
In my case, specific problems with the Accra office:
- the visa officer interviewing us was very rude; for example, she yelled at both of us, and threw our application on the floor
- what she asked us and what she wrote on the interview notes did not match; for example, she asked my husband over and over why he wanted to marry a fat woman, which she did not mention in the notes; she asked me over and over how I knew my husband would not run away as soon as he got to Canada, again, which was not mentioned in the notes
- she did not record our answers accurately.

Really, people say that the visa officer is neutral and has no stake in the outcome, so why would they lie?, but I really felt she was biased. Maybe she was burnt out, maybe she had had enough of working in West Africa and dealing with people trying to scam their way into Canada, maybe she is racist.

Sorry, i can't believe what the interview officer did. This is very bad question to ask during interview. Honestly, i am ready for this thing we are planning and i don't mind puting my name either cos we are fighting for fairness. It is just unfortunate that we are not all living in the same city so we can come out to make some big noise.