27-02-2015 Remedicals requested 18-04-2016 and completed 20-04-2016
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
25-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2016
More great news in here :D Congratulations @HighlyFavored2015

A question to anyone who might be able to offer some insight. My husband and I applied in June 2015, and although I received an email in July saying I was approved as a sponsor, my ecas still shows "In process" for my application to this day. My husband's application began being processed August 21st as per ecas, but I am becoming concerned that the status of my application never changed to "Decision made." Wondering if anyone else has experienced this? I hadn't thought much of it over the past few months but as we are now getting into May and June applicants receiving word from AVO, I am getting worried that maybe something was missed...? Likely needless worrying on my part, but any information or insight is appreciated!

Thank you and congratulations once again to everyone on the thread who has received PPR. More good news ahead for us all :)

Babily

Sep 6, 2015
@ Highlyfavoured, please I have a question for you, I applied for sponsorship of my spouse on June 18, haven't heard from AVO! And my lawyer asked us not to pay the landing fee until they asked us to. Please can you advice me on that . Thanks

Firstlady

Star Member
Jul 2, 2015
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-5-2015
AOR Received.
18-6-2015
File Transfer...
13-7-2015 and in process 30th of September 2015
Med's Done....
upfront 9-2-2015
Interview........
Non
Passport Req..
23-3-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04/04/2016
Highlyfavour congratulations. I pray this month bring in more goodnews to us all.

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
nicolemariemac said:
More great news in here :D Congratulations @HighlyFavored2015

A question to anyone who might be able to offer some insight. My husband and I applied in June 2015, and although I received an email in July saying I was approved as a sponsor, my ecas still shows "In process" for my application to this day. My husband's application began being processed August 21st as per ecas, but I am becoming concerned that the status of my application never changed to "Decision made." Wondering if anyone else has experienced this? I hadn't thought much of it over the past few months but as we are now getting into May and June applicants receiving word from AVO, I am getting worried that maybe something was missed...? Likely needless worrying on my part, but any information or insight is appreciated!

Thank you and congratulations once again to everyone on the thread who has received PPR. More good news ahead for us all :)
Sometimes you won't hear anything from AVO until they are ready to issue the visa, as was the case of Highlyfavoured2015. So stay put and keep checking you inbox for that magic e-mail. Not long to go now....
*Mandie*

willyblue

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/04/2016
AOR Received.
14-04-16
File Transfer...
30/06/2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Can someone help with the link for common law form. Thanks

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
willyblue said:
Can someone help with the link for common law form. Thanks
This is the link to the application package including the statutory declaration.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp
*Mandie*

mamadmama

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 13th 2015
Doc's Request.
May 1st 2015..(Received May 20th 2015)
AOR Received.
April 8th 2015 ( sponsorship)
File Transfer...
June 4th (Decision made for SA)
Med's Request
May 1st upfront medical & more document
Med's Done....
June 12th 2015,Ecas changed to in process in Sept 2015
Interview........
Hopefully none,October 13th,requested for updated IMMM 0008 4& sponsor PIF,sent on Friday 16th.Package received on the 20th by AVO
Passport Req..
xxx
Hello everyone,my husband was called for an interview today,no issue on marriage but the officer told him that he is not Eligible that he should be expecting their mail soon.There was no red flag.
Any idea on what to be expecting....Well as a Canadian Citizen l guess ile tolo niyen but waiting patiently on AVO email.
I waited all morning to receive their email but none yet and ecas haven't change. Finger crossed.

Blessed2

Star Member
Mar 8, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 31, 2015
Doc's Request.
May 11, 2016
AOR Received.
October 14, 2015
File Transfer...
October 30, 2015
Med's Done....
November 18, 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
July 28, 2016
LANDED..........
September 8, 2016
HighlyFavored2015 said:
Happy to announce that my hubby received PPR today. We submitted app June 1/2015. GOD is truly AWESOME
Congratulations!

Just wondering if you paid your permanent residence fee along with the initial application as I just discovered that they advise that it should be paid all together. Our application was received in August 2015.

Ikecanada

Sep 30, 2015
Hamilton Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Acrra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2/July /2015
Doc's Request.
3/July /2015
Nomination.....
N/a
AOR Received.
29/September /2015
IELTS Request
N/a
File Transfer...
29/9/2015
Med's Request
N/a
Med's Done....
12/12/2014
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
N/a
VISA ISSUED...
Very soon
LANDED..........
Very soon
mamadmama said:
Hello everyone,my husband was called for an interview today,no issue on marriage but the officer told him that he is not Eligible that he should be expecting their mail soon.There was no red flag.
Any idea on what to be expecting....Well as a Canadian Citizen l guess ile tolo niyen but waiting patiently on AVO email.
I waited all morning to receive their email but none yet and ecas haven't change. Finger crossed.

What do you mean that they told him that he is not eligible, eligible as in that he is not qualified to be sponsored or as a sponsor ? you need to elaborate more (be more specific) that we may have our input.

Aug 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 1/15
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
July 7/15
File Transfer...
SA - July 28/15; File Transfer - Aug 6/15 - INPROCESS
Med's Done....
June 28/15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR -March 8/16; Passport arrived @ VO- March 14/16
VISA ISSUED...
Ecas- DM on Mar 21/15; Email to pick up PP- Mar 23/16
Thanks everyone and my apologies for the late reply. I was at work. Yes... we submitted all the app fees when we initially submitted the application June 1. I didn't get any update since my SA (July 29), until today... when they sent PPR. God is truly AWESOME. Praying for everyone who are waiting to hear back. .. it will surely end in praise.

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Babily said:
@ Highlyfavoured, please I have a question for you, I applied for sponsorship of my spouse on June 18, haven't heard from AVO! And my lawyer asked us not to pay the landing fee until they asked us to. Please can you advice me on that . Thanks
Your lawyer should have known better. It's no biggie anyway as AVO will ask you to pay the RPRF before issuing the visa...it delays the process a bit though.
*Mandie*

ghanaboy2

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
Blessed2 said:
Congratulations!

Just wondering if you paid your permanent residence fee along with the initial application as I just discovered that they advise that it should be paid all together. Our application was received in August 2015.
Yes it does not suck to pay now as u will not have to wait for extra weeks to make patment before DM

ghanaboy2

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
Ikecanada said:
What do you mean that they told him that he is not eligible, eligible as in that he is not qualified to be sponsored or as a sponsor ? you need to elaborate more (be more specific) that we may have our input.

Her message is very clear! She is eleigible to sponsor that is why the appilcation was sent to Accra for processing but the claim is on the part of her husband

Interview is not a good but its sometimes better as u are allowed to make more clearifications....its normal so do not panic too much madmama

Ikecanada

Sep 30, 2015
Hamilton Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Acrra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2/July /2015
Doc's Request.
3/July /2015
Nomination.....
N/a
AOR Received.
29/September /2015
IELTS Request
N/a
File Transfer...
29/9/2015
Med's Request
N/a
Med's Done....
12/12/2014
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
N/a
VISA ISSUED...
Very soon
LANDED..........
Very soon
ghanaboy2 said:
Her message is very clear! She is eleigible to sponsor that is why the appilcation was sent to Accra for processing but the claim is on the part of her husband

Interview is not a good but its sometimes better as u are allowed to make more clearifications....its normal so do not panic too much madmama
Can you explain to me what the following meant from what she wrote , Note that the word there is "not" "no issue on marriage but the officer told him that he is not Eligible"

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Ikecanada said:
Can you explain to me what the following meant from what she wrote , Note that the word there is "not" "no issue on marriage but the officer told him that he is not Eligible"
Exactly! The post was not clear....I was also waiting for more info before I chip in. I think sometimes when the VO is not able to confirm the true identity of the applicant- especially contradictory historical info (BECE, SSCE birth cert, old passports etc), the applicant could be deemed ineligible to be considered a member of the family class. And this usually has nothing to do with that 'genuineness' of the marriage. Not sure if this is the case here though....we can only speculate until the OP sheds further light on the situation.
*Mandie*