+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

Ibiola

Oct 12, 2020
The golden mail has finally arrived. We got PPR today!

9-Jan-2020: Application received
30-Jan-2020: AOR1
20-Feb-2020: Biometrics Requested
12-Mar-2020: Moved to Accra VO
20-Sep-2020: Medical Requested
19-Oct-2020: Medical Passed.
Nov-2020: Baby was added to our application
4-Dec-2020: Pre-arrival
23-Dec-2020: Baby's medical passed
15-Jan-2021: Passport request & decision made
Congrats

Tmama1

Oct 28, 2020
Pl

Pls what is the VFS Accra office address u couriered your passport to?
I was about to come ask the same thing. We were advised at the vfs office in Lagos to use dhl to send it to them (Lagos) then they would be the ones to send to Accra. That doesn’t seem right. Can anyone who has sent their passport help us out please.

Yudieketty

Star Member
Sep 23, 2020
The golden mail has finally arrived. We got PPR today!

9-Jan-2020: Application received
30-Jan-2020: AOR1
20-Feb-2020: Biometrics Requested
12-Mar-2020: Moved to Accra VO
20-Sep-2020: Medical Requested
19-Oct-2020: Medical Passed.
Nov-2020: Baby was added to our application
4-Dec-2020: Pre-arrival
23-Dec-2020: Baby's medical passed
15-Jan-2021: Passport request & decision made
This is Fantabulous.....that means they are still working, I was beginning to think otherwise

Jomandy

Sep 24, 2020
I was about to come ask the same thing. We were advised at the vfs office in Lagos to use dhl to send it to them (Lagos) then they would be the ones to send to Accra. That doesn’t seem right. Can anyone who has sent their passport help us out please.
As much as I am concerned about taking the right step, I am thinking the question of whether to send to Accra or Lagos is irrelevant. I noticed in the PPR letter of "some" posted in this forum earlier on, it was stated expressly to send it to Accra. But the majority of PPR letter or comments I've been seeing posted here didn't specify, thus leaving the recipient with the choice of sending it to any of the VACs - Lagos, Abuja or Accra. Yesterday I was at VFS Lagos though couldn't get in, but the security agent there expressly told me they accept passport submission by courier and that if I did my Biometrics in the Lagos office, I don't need to pay anything, I think he meant the transmission package fee. He said to just send it via courier to them including the Acknowledgement Fee slip gotten during Biometrics. The PPR letter just stated that "the VAC is accepting passport via courier (DHL, UPS, etc.) only". It wasn't specified which VAC to send to directly. I feel strongly inclined to send to the Lagos office, but pls is there anyone with a better idea or clarification about this issue?

TripleE01

May 24, 2019
As much as I am concerned about taking the right step, I am thinking the question of whether to send to Accra or Lagos is irrelevant. I noticed in the PPR letter of "some" posted in this forum earlier on, it was stated expressly to send it to Accra. But the majority of PPR letter or comments I've been seeing posted here didn't specify, thus leaving the recipient with the choice of sending it to any of the VACs - Lagos, Abuja or Accra. Yesterday I was at VFS Lagos though couldn't get in, but the security agent there expressly told me they accept passport submission by courier and that if I did my Biometrics in the Lagos office, I don't need to pay anything, I think he meant the transmission package fee. He said to just send it via courier to them including the Acknowledgement Fee slip gotten during Biometrics. The PPR letter just stated that "the VAC is accepting passport via courier (DHL, UPS, etc.) only". It wasn't specified which VAC to send to directly. I feel strongly inclined to send to the Lagos office, but pls is there anyone with a better idea or clarification about this issue?
I think there are people who sent theirs directly to Accra, however, most of us sent ours through the VFS Lagos.....

Reactions: Jomandy

Jomandy

Sep 24, 2020
Check this,

Thank you for contacting VFS Canada Visa Information Service Centre in Nigeria.

Kindly be informed that you can send in all required passports/documents via a one-way courier process, using your preferred courier service agency to the Visa application center either Lagos or Abuja.

You are to send in the following documents;

Intl passport,

Vfs consent form (2 copies),

Passport request letter including all the requirements stated in the letter

2 copies of passport data page,

Slip that was issued after biometric enrollment (no passport transmission fee required)

Your contact information, including your email address and phone number.

You are to make payment of N7,430 per applicant for passport transmission if you did not do your biometric at the same application centre where you want to send in your passport (including applicants below 14 and above 80 years of age) and an optional sms fee of N830.

The Account name and number : CANADA LOGISTIC COLLECTION ACCOUNT (a/c no 0065165839 ) Sterling Bank.

After the process is completed from the Embassy, you will be contacted on how to make payment for the VFS in-house courier delivery process for passport return.

Also, you can mail us the details of payment at feedback.cannig@vfshelpline.com or info.cannig@vfshelpline.com

Visit www.vfsglobal.com for update
I found this on Page 1338 and chose to tag it with this comment. It seems to answer all our questions about Lagos office's acceptance of Passport Submission. It is well detailed. I hope it helpful to us and those awaiting their PPR hereafter.

Last edited:
Reactions: theoriginal

TripleE01

May 24, 2019
I found this on Page 1338 and chose to tag it with this comment. It seems to answer all our questions about Lagos office's acceptance of Passport Submission. It is well detailed. I hope it helpful to us and those awaiting their PPR hereafter.
As of May 1, 2018, all original documents, including passports, must be submitted via the VAC.

Please see: http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/ and follow the instructions under the

“Apply for a visa” section.

Visa Application Centres in Nigeria are operating at a reduced level of service. Please ensure that you contact the Visa Application Centre for further information on current procedures for passport submission.

The PPR email actually made reference to Centres in Nigeria.. anyway, I submitted via VFS Lagos, you can only submit via a registered courier..

Reactions: Jomandy

Milay

Nov 13, 2020
We got PPR today!!!! I am so happy I pray everyone gets good news soon!!!

6-NOV-2019: Application received.
28-NOV-2019: AOR1.
06-DEC-2019: Biometrics Requested.
09-DEC-2019: Sponsor Approval
17-DEC-2019: Moved to Accra VO
20-SEP-2020: Medical Requested.
20-OCT-2020: Medical Passed.
16-DEC-2020: Decision Made
19-JAN-2021: Passport Request
Amen! Congratulations!

Okpure

Jul 5, 2019
As of May 1, 2018, all original documents, including passports, must be submitted via the VAC.

Please see: http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/ and follow the instructions under the

“Apply for a visa” section.

Visa Application Centres in Nigeria are operating at a reduced level of service. Please ensure that you contact the Visa Application Centre for further information on current procedures for passport submission.

The PPR email actually made reference to Centres in Nigeria.. anyway, I submitted via VFS Lagos, you can only submit via a registered courier..
Have you gotten your stamped passport back from Lagos VFS?

JohnCana123

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Hello. My partner and I are currently inland but we are thinking of switching to Outland so that he can return home to Nigeria and care for his mother who is ill. Can people who applied since March last year please share their experience. What has the processing time been like? Thank you