+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

KingNas

Star Member
Jan 17, 2020
How many days does it take to get passport back from accra Vfs after submit for family sponsor.
Got PPR and submitted sameday last week Wednesday... any idea how soon I will get my passport back cos I submitted in accra.

Zikky

Jun 24, 2019
Nope. I couldn't view it. Or maybe you can just copy and paste it here (Remove personal details)
UCI: *****************
Hello,
We are pleased to inform you that you, your spouse and dependants can now receive free
pre-arrival services funded by the Government of Canada. These services are available
before you arrive and are meant to better prepare you for life in Canada.
Pre-arrival services are provided on behalf of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship
Canada (IRCC) by settlement service provider organizations. These service providers
offer free information to help you with:
• Living and working in Canada;
• Getting your education, work experience, and professional licenses and
certificates recognized in Canada;
• Connecting with employers, and with free supports when you arrive in Canada,
including language training; and
• Connecting with others in your new community, including French-speaking
communities.
If you are outside Canada, we strongly recommend that you use pre-arrival services
before you leave. We encourage you to explore the list of services on the IRCC website:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/
new-life-canada/pre-arrival-services.html
When you register for pre-arrival services with one of the service providers listed on the
website, you will be asked to provide a copy of this letter. You can contact as many
service providers as you like and receive as many services as you need, and these services
are always at no cost to you.
You are also encouraged to take advantage of free Government of Canada resources
available online, such as Welcome to Canada, the official handbook to help permanent
residents prepare to come and settle in Canada. The handbook is available at
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/pub/welcome.pdf.
Canada is a bilingual country where both English and French are spoken. If you are
interested in living in a French-speaking community outside Quebec, please visit
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/francophone.asp.
For up-to-date information on immigration, settlement services and citizenship, we invite
you to join us on Facebook (Facebook.com/CitCanada) and follow us on Twitter
(Twitter.com/CitImmCanada).
Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Zikky

Jun 24, 2019
How many days does it take to get passport back from accra Vfs after submit for family sponsor.
Got PPR and submitted sameday last week Wednesday... any idea how soon I will get my passport back cos I submitted in accra.
I saw a post that’s recent on here which says they got their passport Back from vfs Accra after 4 to 5 business days

Zikky

Jun 24, 2019
@SirK any word from ircc Office In Lagos about your passport being received ? The last update I got was from vfs on the 26th that my passport is en route to the ircc office in Lagos.

Noriscares

May 14, 2019
We will fight. Right now deciding whether to appeal or reapply - appeal will be held here in Canada which is a plus, reapply will be faster but back in Accra where they are not accountable. Trying to figure our best next move.

Me ooo, I take this woman's job if I can....she is on a power trip....messing with people's lives.....karma will get her in the end.
I will advice you to do traditional or white wedding here, you can snap enough pictures with both parents, family and friends.
Work on the areas that they are having doubt about the marriage.
Appeal will take like 1 to 3 years depends on how lucky you are, forget about the appeal and do the needful.
Unless you guys are ready to stay separate for like 1 to 3 years, re apply is the best option.
Good luck

Noriscares

May 14, 2019
C
Sponsor (Lordnath): Canadian PR
PA (Wife) Country: Nigeria
Application Received: September 30, 2019
AOR1: November 8, 2019
Biometrics Collection Letter: November 17, 2019
Sponsor Approval: November 18, 2019
Biometrics Completed: November 22, 2019
Application Moved to Accra: November 26, 2019
AOR2: December 27, 2019
Medical Request: February 28, 2020
Pre-arrival Services Letter: February 29, 2020
Medicals: March 5, 2020 (To-do)
Medicals Passed: TBD
PPR: TBD
Congrats.. PPR loading

Noriscares

May 14, 2019
If you submit at Lagos, it takes 3 to 4 weeks but if you submit at Accra.. It takes 2 weeks

Tanyusuf

Star Member
Jun 26, 2019
UCI: *****************
Hello,
We are pleased to inform you that you, your spouse and dependants can now receive free
pre-arrival services funded by the Government of Canada. These services are available
before you arrive and are meant to better prepare you for life in Canada.
Pre-arrival services are provided on behalf of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship
Canada (IRCC) by settlement service provider organizations. These service providers
offer free information to help you with:
• Living and working in Canada;
• Getting your education, work experience, and professional licenses and
certificates recognized in Canada;
• Connecting with employers, and with free supports when you arrive in Canada,
including language training; and
• Connecting with others in your new community, including French-speaking
communities.
If you are outside Canada, we strongly recommend that you use pre-arrival services
before you leave. We encourage you to explore the list of services on the IRCC website:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/
new-life-canada/pre-arrival-services.html
When you register for pre-arrival services with one of the service providers listed on the
website, you will be asked to provide a copy of this letter. You can contact as many
service providers as you like and receive as many services as you need, and these services
are always at no cost to you.
You are also encouraged to take advantage of free Government of Canada resources
available online, such as Welcome to Canada, the official handbook to help permanent
residents prepare to come and settle in Canada. The handbook is available at
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/pub/welcome.pdf.
Canada is a bilingual country where both English and French are spoken. If you are
interested in living in a French-speaking community outside Quebec, please visit
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/francophone.asp.
For up-to-date information on immigration, settlement services and citizenship, we invite
you to join us on Facebook (Facebook.com/CitCanada) and follow us on Twitter
(Twitter.com/CitImmCanada).
Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Nice one! Thanks a lot.
Hopefully I get it too from IRCC

Reactions: Zikky