Category........
Visa Office......
Accra.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th September 2015
Doc's Request.
20th may 2016 additional proofs was requested...may 26 2016, everything was sent
AOR Received.
November 2015
File Transfer...
24th Nov 2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
July 4th 2015
Interview........
probably not
Passport Req..
by his light
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
LANDED..........
the door will open soon
We have people who are from the end of May that have been approved. We are THRILLED for them, but yes, why them and not the rest of us?

They really don't make any sense at all. It's only God that is giving us the strength to fight through this process. Very hard each and everyday

Reactions: Akanni2017

Righteous

Jun 2, 2015
An interesting read as to why the new processing times aren't accurate (which we already outlined in one of our letters). This happened to me and my husband - we originally submitted our documents in January 2017 but they were returned. We are basically 3 months behind as a result.

http://policyoptions.irpp.org/magazines/february-2018/make-spousal-sponsorships-work-to-reunite-families/
It's hard to say how much this affects the timeline. In our case, we ensured that we included all docs, went over the checklist a "billion" times, I even used paper clips and labeled each document so its easy for the immigration officer to sort through.

Our application would be a year old on March 08 and we are still waiting on AVO. Not cool

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
It's hard to say how much this affects the timeline. In our case, we ensured that we included all docs, went over the checklist a "billion" times, I even used paper clips and labeled each document so its easy for the immigration officer to sort through.

Our application would be a year old on March 08 and we are still waiting on AVO. Not cool
With each day that passes we are one day closer to being with our spouses again.

Righteous

Jun 2, 2015
Excerpt from this cbc article: http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/spousal-sponsorship-hussen-progress-1.4533439

Toronto immigration lawyer Lorne Waldman said he's seen some cases processed "surprisingly quickly" in the last year — but that's not the experience for everyone.

"I think it depends on the visa office. I think it depends a little bit on luck," he said. "It would say it's uneven. There have been some improvements and we've seen some cases processed extremely quickly, but we still see people waiting a long time to be reunited with their family members."

Some offices that have been notoriously slow in past continue to be slow, Waldman said.

Godsfavourite

Jan 5, 2018
You are kidding me? February 2rd? How do they even work or this stuffs? Someone submitted it on the 14th and got a respond, and you submitted urs on the 2rd and still nothing? Ahhh these people really need to be trained well. Wen is ur medical expiring if u don't mind.
Medicals will expire October, I've gotten approval and visa issue date on gckey but no PUM till date.

KemiJ

Mar 4, 2018
Good day everyone. I’m new here, recently discovered this forum. It’s great how you all encourage one another , it goes a long way and I appreciate that. My husband is a PR in Canada and I’m in Nigeria. My application is under processing and my timeline is as follows.

Application received July 27,2017
Started processing application October 16,2017
Medical request Jan 2,2018
Medical result received Jan 8 2018
Medical exam passed
same timeline as mine. Welcome.

Agi2009

Nov 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th September 2015
Doc's Request.
20th may 2016 additional proofs was requested...may 26 2016, everything was sent
AOR Received.
November 2015
File Transfer...
24th Nov 2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
July 4th 2015
Interview........
probably not
Passport Req..
by his light
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
LANDED..........
the door will open soon
Medicals will expire October, I've gotten approval and visa issue date on gckey but no PUM till date.

Still has enough time for it to expire. Mine is next year January. Don't worry u will get it hopefully by Friday.

Lizzer_

Feb 6, 2018
Hello guys,
Please does anyone here know the correct email address to mail cic Mississauga for change of address and job, I need it urgently
Thanks