USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Hi,

There are tons of threads on timelines for applicant who added their spouse after AOR. But, I am wanted to create this thread SPECIFICALLY for folks to share the timelines if they have added their spouse or other dependents after PPR or COPR. Irrespective of the pathway (CEC, PNP or FSW), please help the community in sharing your timelines so that others can understand better where our applications stand. Here is mine:

Category: FSW (Outland)
COR: USA
AOR: Nov 2020
PPR1: April 2022
Informed IRCC about Marriage: April 2022 (few days after PPR.)
Request for Spousal document: April 2022.
Documents submission: May 2022 (within 3 weeks)
Waiting for Biometrics and ADR if any.

I will also post timelines of applicants who have added their spouse after PPR and received their 2nd PPR.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Copied From Facebook:

Hey guys, excited to share that I got PPR today!
COR: India
FSW
NOC - 2172
WES equivalency - 2 or more degrees/diplomas
IELTS:
Listening - 8.5
Reading - 9
Writing - 8.5
Speaking - 7.5
Primary Visa Office - NDVO
Secondary Visa Office - CIO, NS
CRS - 474
Applied as single applicant and then added my wife post marriage
ITA - 05 FEB 2020
AOR - 17 APR 2020
BIL - 24 JUN 2020
Remedical request - 14 JAN 2022
BIL for wife - 07 APR 2022
PPR - 12 MAY 2022
Got married in April 2021, wife got added in Feb 2022.
Tips:
- Be proactive. Send them your updated POF if you have added your spouse
- Do your remedicals if they have expired. I did my wife's upfront medical
- I also gave them updated PCC for me and wife
- Raise webforms and send emails to add your spouse
- Order GCMS notes to get an in-depth update about your application

Reactions: m_jags06

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
From this Forum:

Hey everyone, its finally our PPR! We got the message on our profile on Aug 4th. It is still taking time to sink in, but truly happy and relieved that the wait is over. When we got a PFL etc the chance of rejection was a big fear for us. By Gods grace, we were able to keep our heads together, took legal counsel and looks like everything worked out! Special thanks to this community which has been a big support system for us and also to @legalfalcon for his help with queries.

Our Timeline:
COR: India
Offices that handled our application: CPC Ottawa, NDVO, Edmonton
Jan 09, 2020 – AOR. Spouse and I applied separately as we were neither married nor CLP
Feb 2020 – Biometrics and Medical for both of us
Nov 2020 – Counterfoil Generated as per GCMS notes for me
Jan 27, 2021 – We got married
Feb 21, 2021 – Updated marital status via Webform with marriage certificate attached
Nov 15 2021 – ADR: I was asked to submit Spousal addition Kit
Nov 27 2021 – ADR: Spouse was asked to submit Schedule A Form, Spousal addition kit, Re-Medicals on her application
Dec 01, 2022 – Spouse completed her Re-medical
Dec 20, 2021 – Re-medicals requested for me
Jan 11, 2022 – I completed my Re-medical
Jan 13, 2022 – Update received on both profiles - Dependents added to both profiles
Jun 15, 2022 – Re-Medicals for spouse requested again
Jun 16, 2022 – Re-medicals passed for spouse
Jun 16, 2022 – ADR: Received Procedural Fairness Letter (Proof of funds and proof of relationship)
Jun 23, 2022 – Responded to PFL
Jun 23, 2022 – ADR: Revised schedule A for both me and spouse. Agent communicated in letter that both our applications will be combined at this point and asked us to ignore the re-meds issued on Jun 16.
Jun 30, 2022 – Responded to ADR
Aug 4, 2022 – PPR: Mail received about new message in profile. PPR request letter was sent as a message in the profile

Yet to receive the 3 GCMS notes requested in Nov 2021, Mar 2022 & June 2022.

To everyone still waiting, hope you all get your PPR's ASAP!! It is closer than you think, just stay strong and more power to you!!

K_S_Q

Nov 26, 2021
Hi there,

I would like to request help and Guidance.

I got my CoPR just in time when I was getting married. Now I have the Visa till March 2023 to land in Canada but my Marital status has changed.

Could you please guide me on what should I do? And I would want my wife to get the PR as well so we both can go.

Thanks,
KSQ

Reactions: RSub

walnorez

Feb 14, 2021
I wonder if anyone got in the limbo of adding spouse around July 2022 or later, when they started drawing EE FSW-O again. Did anyone got any update since then?

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
I wonder if anyone got in the limbo of adding spouse around July 2022 or later, when they started drawing EE FSW-O again. Did anyone got any update since then?
Added in May. Processing took 5 months.

walnorez

Feb 14, 2021
Added in May. Processing took 5 months.
Yep, but that's before July, at that point in May they still didn't draw new FSW-O AORs for 1.5 years and they had basically no one else to process besides FSW stream, cause they were done with Experience class and had low inventory in PNP. In July they reopened FSW draws and surprisingly promised to process them in 6 months, while ignoring that they still got FSW unprocessed after 1.5-2 years, so after July in FSW stream there's no more priority to finish the old cases, all attention is to new cases only. They even updated the processing page and claim that processing an FSW file now takes on average 30 months (up from 26 months back in Summer), but that's for old cases only.

Reactions: RSub

K_S_Q

Nov 26, 2021
Hi all

I requested IRCC to add spouse to my application after CoPR because I got my CopR just 4 days before my marriage was planned.

They asked me to send some documents, which took some time but I sent them all docs. But after that I kept on waiting and my CopR which was on single status go expired.

I recently received a reply for my webform which says since your CoPR has expired, apply again.

This is soooo unfair.

What should I do?

Below was the reply from IRCC:

----------------------------------------

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Please note that this email is a response to the enquiries found below this email.

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that it is not necessary to update your information if you do not currently have an application in process with IRCC.

Since a final decision was already made on your application, the information you provided will not be added to your file.

If applicable, we invite you to include this information when you submit a new application.

Permanent residence application approved - Outside Canada

In addition, the Government of Canada is closely monitoring COVID-19 and any impacts on IRCC clients.

If you have a confirmation of permanent residence (COPR) that is expiring or has expired, please consult this information.

For the latest updates on how COVID-19 is affecting IRCC services, we invite you to visit our website regularly.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

• Download application forms and guides
  • Change of address
  • Check your application status
  • Help Centre - To find answers, you may consult the different sections or type keywords related to your question.
Sincerely,

----------------------

walnorez

Feb 14, 2021
Hi all

I requested IRCC to add spouse to my application after CoPR because I got my CopR just 4 days before my marriage was planned.

They asked me to send some documents, which took some time but I sent them all docs. But after that I kept on waiting and my CopR which was on single status go expired.

I recently received a reply for my webform which says since your CoPR has expired, apply again.

This is soooo unfair.

What should I do?

Below was the reply from IRCC:

----------------------------------------

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Please note that this email is a response to the enquiries found below this email.

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that it is not necessary to update your information if you do not currently have an application in process with IRCC.

Since a final decision was already made on your application, the information you provided will not be added to your file.

If applicable, we invite you to include this information when you submit a new application.

Permanent residence application approved - Outside Canada

In addition, the Government of Canada is closely monitoring COVID-19 and any impacts on IRCC clients.

If you have a confirmation of permanent residence (COPR) that is expiring or has expired, please consult this information.

For the latest updates on how COVID-19 is affecting IRCC services, we invite you to visit our website regularly.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

• Download application forms and guides
  • Change of address
  • Check your application status
  • Help Centre - To find answers, you may consult the different sections or type keywords related to your question.
Sincerely,

----------------------
Addition of spouse restarts the process - COPR is cancelled and the checks for spouse start from scratch. You can either wait for spouse to be processed and get new COPRs together (give it 1 year timeline) or go with current COPR alone (if it’s valid) and explain to IRCC why you are going alone without spouse - you can apply for family reunifications once in Canada, it can also take about 1 year to fully accomplish it.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Addition of spouse restarts the process - COPR is cancelled and the checks for spouse start from scratch. You can either wait for spouse to be processed and get new COPRs together (give it 1 year timeline) or go with current COPR alone (if it’s valid) and explain to IRCC why you are going alone without spouse - you can apply for family reunifications once in Canada, it can also take about 1 year to fully accomplish it.
Once spouse is added (or post marital status change), one cannot enter Canada using old COPR with single status. That is misrepresentation.

medchen23

Jul 11, 2023
Hi RSub,

Thank you for this thread.
I am in a similar situation.
I got my COPR few days before getting married and I submitted the documents for my wife on May 8th 2023.
This month, we received the request to take her medicals and the tracker shows that they will expire by August 17 2024, while mine will expire by November 23, 2023.
If we got the new COPR before November, will they use the nearest expiry date (in this case mine) to determine the expiry date of COPR or will they submit COPR with different dates following the IME expiry of each one of us?
Currently, we are waiting for BIL and I would like to know once the express entry profile expires, how did you proceed? Did you create a new one and submit a webform to request them to link it to the oldest one?

Thanks in advance.

walnorez

Feb 14, 2021
Hi RSub,

Thank you for this thread.
I am in a similar situation.
I got my COPR few days before getting married and I submitted the documents for my wife on May 8th 2023.
This month, we received the request to take her medicals and the tracker shows that they will expire by August 17 2024, while mine will expire by November 23, 2023.
If we got the new COPR before November, will they use the nearest expiry date (in this case mine) to determine the expiry date of COPR or will they submit COPR with different dates following the IME expiry of each one of us?
Currently, we are waiting for BIL and I would like to know once the express entry profile expires, how did you proceed? Did you create a new one and submit a webform to request them to link it to the oldest one?

Thanks in advance.
Yes, they will use your medical’s expiry. Better redo them - they shouldn’t issue COPRs to you unless medicals are valid another 6 months for both you and spouse - so you’ll likely receive a request to redo them when they open your file for a check. It also can happen that they’ll prolong your medicals by another year for free, depends on the person working on your file.

EE profile doesn’t expire, all biometrics are recorded under the same EE application. Your spouse will receive her own UCI code and it will be linked to your EE application.

Reactions: medchen23

medchen23

Jul 11, 2023
Thank you very much for your informative reply.
I'll wait for their future instructions and see. Generally, the medicals in my country takes 7 days to be available and there are plenty of appointments.
On the other hand, my passport will expire by June 2024. So, I was wondering whether it should have at least 6 months or more to receive the visa?
If so, I will renew it as well.

walnorez

Feb 14, 2021
Thank you very much for your informative reply.
I'll wait for their future instructions and see. Generally, the medicals in my country takes 7 days to be available and there are plenty of appointments.
On the other hand, my passport will expire by June 2024. So, I was wondering whether it should have at least 6 months or more to receive the visa?
If so, I will renew it as well.
Yes, passport needs to be valid at least 6 months when COPR is issued.

Reactions: medchen23