soon
people in canada say

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13MoMDkbFWg&feature=related

amitsmeet

Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Mogboy, This post of urs was really a soothner :D Reading it excites me to know ur story, whr u hail from, hw u came to Canada nd whts ur story now?

Mogboy

Star Member
May 22, 2011
Hi Mogboy, This post of urs was really a soothner Reading it excites me to know ur story, whr u hail from, hw u came to Canada nd whts ur story now

Thanks for the kind words. Now I'm retired and waiting patiently to die. LOL

About the two videos posted above. I confess I only watched a couple of minutes but here's the thing. On Youtube you can find just about anything from conspiracy theories to hate groups. Let me add my two cents:

1. Mr. Kenny. While I hate this conservative government I do have to give the Minister credit for actually tacking the immigration backlog. Sometimes to cure gangrene you have to cut off a limb (the pre Feb 2008's) but it's necessary. He has stopped current applications and the system is actually pretty current for the M13's. He wants all backlog cleared by December and I believe him. It will make things so much easier for future applicants but that doesn't make it any easier for you guys. Have a little more patience, these are drastic measures but they are seemingly working.

2. The interview on Sun TV. First of all Sun TV is a "fringe" right-wing nut job kind of channel with very few viewers. Any so-called "expert" they bring on will have radical views. Whatever he said I would discount it.

It's sunny, cooling down and I have this tingling sensation that a monsoon rain is on the way.

MB

amitsmeet

Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Mogboy,

Its our pleasure that u take out time to login the forum and guide fellas like us. We all appreciate it.

lokoloko0

Jun 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear MogBoy,
I felt very encouraged to read that Kenney wants all the backlog cleared by December. But I can't find any official news/statement which quotes him saying that. Please provide any link for that.
Thank you.

Mogboy said:
1. Mr. Kenny. While I hate this conservative government I do have to give the Minister credit for actually tacking the immigration backlog. Sometimes to cure gangrene you have to cut off a limb (the pre Feb 2008's) but it's necessary. He has stopped current applications and the system is actually pretty current for the M13's. He wants all backlog cleared by December and I believe him. It will make things so much easier for future applicants but that doesn't make it any easier for you guys. Have a little more patience, these are drastic measures but they are seemingly working.

MB

OHMYGOD

Jan 29, 2011
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
done
File Transfer...
reviewed and started processing in jan 2012
Med's Request
soon by grace of waheguru
Med's Done....
soon by grace of god
Interview........
hopefully waived
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon
WHY ARE THE SENIORS EVADING THE FORUM

IS THERE A CATCH BEHIND THIS

:-X :-X :-X

Mogboy

Star Member
May 22, 2011
I felt very encouraged to read that Kenney wants all the backlog cleared by December. But I can't find any official news/statement which quotes him saying that. Please provide any link for that.

Off the top of my head I can't remember the actual source but I will work on it and get back to you. Remember, it's a target not a fait accomplit.
In the meantime take a look at the macro picture and not the M1 special interests. Kenny has eliminated the pre Feb 28 backlog. A huge reduction despite it's anguish for those involved. He has stopped taking new applicants so that current backlogs can be addressed. The new applicants are being processed quickly and can be considered current which is the goal, so for those people the new system is already in place. As they clear and without new applications coming in then remaining files (M1 can be cleared). I believe he is doing all he can to have a transparent system that will deal with applications on a timely basis. It's arbitrary, painful and hurtful to many, but once he is done we will have a fast, streamlined and fair system. If it goes beyond December, that's just how good intentions usually pan out, but it won't go far beyond. No other Minister as ever really tried to address the problem so give him a little credit - he's the only bright spark in a dreadful government.

lokoloko0

Jun 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Mogboy,

We the applicants in the backlog have a kind of phobia from Kenney and his ministry. They can ammend the rules of game and play their own way, with all the power in their hands. I have double the phobia (had an exposure to both pre Feb 2008 as well as MI-1 backlogs).

He says he needs the power to apply the new rules RETROACTIVELY to the existing applications.

Secondly, he says that they are going to immitate New Zealand immigration in which the applicants pay the fees and apply (EOI=> Expression Of Interest) online, their applications remain in "pool" for one year. From that pool, just a few applicants are picked up as per the need (mostly the ones who have a job offer) and the remaining applications are thrown out of the pool (outdated) and allowed to apply again and try their luck next year.

Now don't you think there is SOME possibility that when new rules are applied retroactively in Jan 2013, they may just "honor" us by shifting our applications to the "pool" and from that, only few lucky ones would be selected and remaining automatically disposed off.

Thus everything would be justified and no law would be broken.

What do you think?

Mogboy said:
Off the top of my head I can't remember the actual source but I will work on it and get back to you. Remember, it's a target not a fait accomplit.
In the meantime take a look at the macro picture and not the M1 special interests. Kenny has eliminated the pre Feb 28 backlog. A huge reduction despite it's anguish for those involved. He has stopped taking new applicants so that current backlogs can be addressed. But the only reason he gave in his statement for holding new applications, was that they need some time to frame new policies. The new applicants are being processed quickly and can be considered current which is the goal, so for those people the new system is already in place. Yes the NEWEST applications were always current. Not only with respect to pre Feb 2008, but also with respect to their own MI (MI3>MI2>MI1). Why do they do that? As they clear and without new applications coming in then remaining files (M1 can be cleared). I believe he is doing all he can to have a transparent system that will deal with applications on a timely basis. It's arbitrary, painful and hurtful to many, but once he is done we will have a fast, streamlined and fair system. If it goes beyond December, that's just how good intentions usually pan out, but it won't go far beyond. No other Minister as ever really tried to address the problem so give him a little credit - he's the only bright spark in a dreadful government.

Mogboy

Star Member
May 22, 2011
Now don't you think there is SOME possibility that when new rules are applied retroactively in Jan 2013, they may just "honor" us by shifting our applications to the "pool" and from that, only few lucky ones would be selected and remaining automatically disposed off.

Thus everything would be justified and no law would be broken.

What do you think?

I think that would be dishonourable but I'm not expecting there to be a backlog in 2013. You have a right to be cynical and I'm certainly no fortune teller, but my gut feeling is that all is well for M1's. Canada should be taking the best and brightest, but not playing with people's lives. I think any new rules will apply to those after you - I hope so anyway.

kiwi1

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mogboy said:
I think that would be dishonourable but I'm not expecting there to be a backlog in 2013. You have a right to be cynical and I'm certainly no fortune teller, but my gut feeling is that all is well for M1's. Canada should be taking the best and brightest, but not playing with people's lives. I think any new rules will apply to those after you - I hope so anyway.

hi Mogboy

For me, I believe that what CIC did to pre- Feb 2008 applicants is already playing with their lives...

Likewise, there is no guarantee that they are not going to do the same to earlier MIs...

Cheers

amitsmeet

Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hu Guys, What i think is that there is a big difference b'wn Pre-Feb 2008 cases and MI 1 Cases, there the occupation in demand was not there, correct me if i am mistaken, all were welcomed irrespective of the occupations, but with MI 1 came "38 core in-highly-demand occupation list", if of course was cut down later, but the reason was that when they checked the backlog files of those occupations with Mi-1, they must have realized that they have that much cases which r enough to fill in d demands of those chopped-off list. So processing hopes to be for certain and sure.

Secondly they have done an internal review, which is available in CIC website, on the success and need for creating MI's in the first place where the outcome was that it is a success and much needed and also has a mention about the time-lag in processing Mi 1 and 2 files.

So if they do the same to MI guys the very intention of bringing MI gets defeated and ruined, which, hopefully would not happen...

lokoloko0

Jun 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mogboy said:
Thanks for your kind words to keep our spirits high.

Our only hope in this scenario is the fact that Selection Decision has already been given to all MI-1 applications. And as per their own policy, once SELDEC-1 is there, they won't just return the applications (even while returning pre Feb 2008 cases, this is what they promised regarding some 20,000 cases).

Lets hope for the best and see what happens.

:D When it comes to Canada immigration, an advertisement comes to my mind that was played on Doordarshan when I was a child..... "Anything is possible on Nikitasha Kitchenette" ;D :p ;D

Mogboy

Star Member
May 22, 2011
You are welcome - honestly!

http://www.thestar.com/opinion/editorialopinion/article/1058294--toronto-s-lessons-on-immigration

parhar51

Sep 22, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
N/A
LANDED..........
APRIL 26,2013
@mogboy,lokolok0 and amitsmeet,
Thanx for revitalising the forum with the kind of posts which were required to keep the spirits of all pre-juneres high.LATELY,all the senior members unwillingly went into hibernation,so to speak.
Admittedly,the changed circumstamnces took a heavy toll on all of us,especially those who have families with young ones reaching threshhold of their careers.As the time passed by, uncertainties gave way to restlessness.More importantly,nothing worthwhile was coming up that could be shared in the forum.Ironically,couple of forum members who got MRS,too,restricted themselves to share the updates.
Any ways,all these things do happen at times.My heart goes to u all for taking a lead and helped boosting the sapping morale of the rest ones.I ,for one, obligingly feel this way,at least.U DESERVE TONS OF KUDOS FOR THIS ATTEMPT !!
Good luck and God bless all !!!!!
parhar51