soon
Kiwi

Wasn't MI 3 always a Priority, Dont think this the reason for the delay

Nor is the stay order

May Be quota is an issue

May Be They just dont want to do any thing this year

kiwi1 said:
hi OHMYGOD

the 90d stay apply only to pre-Feb 2008 applications. MI1 & 2 have slowed down due to CIC giving preference to applicants under MI3.

kiwi1

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi OMG

maybe u r right...
if that is the case then how could they substantially reduce the backlog then?
by next year new applications will pour in and again backlog will pile up.
will they legislate wiping out MI1 & 2 too?...easy way out....

OHMYGOD said:
Kiwi

Wasn't MI 3 always a Priority, Dont think this the reason for the delay

Nor is the stay order

May Be quota is an issue

May Be They just dont want to do any thing this year

amitsmeet

Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Seems like a valid Argument...CIC's maim focus is to reduce the current backlog and this sudden stop in working is annoying, unless it is something to do with Legalilty!!

OHMYGOD

Jan 29, 2011
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
done
File Transfer...
reviewed and started processing in jan 2012
Med's Request
soon by grace of waheguru
Med's Done....
soon by grace of god
Interview........
hopefully waived
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon
Dont Like the bold red part

manrajs said:
THE FOLLOWING LETTER WAS RECIEVED ON 10TH JULY 2012 FROM NDVO :

An Acknowledgement of Receipt letter was sent to the applicant after a file was created for the applicant in our office. Please note that processing has already begun on this application and it is currently awaiting further review.

Unless we have specifically asked the applicant to do so, he/she is not required to submit any additional documents at this time which are not listed in the Document Checklist. Please note that our office will contact the applicant to provide the additional supporting documentation if it is required for the further assessment of the application, including medical examination instructions.

Although processing of this application has already begun, finalization may not occur until the end of 2012/or after 2012.

Unfortunately, it will take longer to process federal skilled worker applications submitted under the first set of instructions (between 27 February 2008 and 25 June 2010) than originally projected. During this time, the department received applications for more than 425,000 people, and 144,000 of these have not yet received a decision as of January 1, 2012. This number represents more than twice the number of projected admissions under the federal skilled worker program in 2011.

Also, please note that if the applicant wishes to withdraw the application, the applicant is not eligible for a refund of the processing fees at this stage as processing of the file has begun.

Applications in the Skilled Worker category are processed in order of receipt. The application is being processed in accordance with its place in the queue, based on the date on which the application and fee payment were received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada. The applicant is not required send any documents in support of the application at this time. Since the application is still within normal processing times, we are not able to provide any status updates. When we require additional documents, information or medical examination results, we will send a request using the contact information we have. That request will list all documents required to continue processing the application.

Until we contact the applicant, the only information the applicant is required to provide us in order to update the application is:

- Change of address or contact information, including email address
- Change in family composition
- Request to withdraw the application
- Submission of an Arranged Employment Opinion approved by Human Resources and Social Development Canada
- Change to authorized representation

Processing times to finalization may vary depending on the number of new applications received and the individual complexity of each application. Applicants can check the status of their case on the CIC website by clicking on CAS . For actual processing times of permanent resident applications in New Delhi for the last 12 months, please refer to our website for more information about processing times.

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

Immigration Section/ Section de l'immigration - 2
High Commission of Canada/ Haut-Commissariat du Canada
PO Box 5209
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi, India/Inde 110021

OHMYGOD

Jan 29, 2011
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
done
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
soon by grace of god
Interview........
hopefully waived
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon
As opined seniors and various threads and the way things Look at present

The Picture is F@#& gloomy

amitsmeet said:
Seems like a valid Argument...CIC's maim focus is to reduce the current backlog and this sudden stop in working is annoying, unless it is something to do with Legalilty!!

jeea

Dec 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All,

Please share your thoughts: "Has the movement of MRs stalled only for NDVO or other VOs too?"

Regards,

J

OHMYGOD

Jan 29, 2011
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
done
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
soon by grace of god
Interview........
hopefully waived
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon
Only NDVO is in Incubation :( :(

jeea said:
All,

Please share your thoughts: "Has the movement of MRs stalled only for NDVO or other VOs too?"

Regards,

J

parhar51

Sep 22, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
N/A
LANDED..........
APRIL 26,2013
@dbc,canadian dreams,omg,lokoloko0 , lubob nd all pre-juneres.....
Hello to all,
Ever since Jan 2012,espacially when couple of forum members got their ecases turned to IP (WITH SPECIFIC commencement dates) followed by MRS in June,every day for all of us who are still in queue comes with a hope but ends in utter dismay.Irony of our fate has not stopped jeering at the situation we have been trapped into.So much so,most of us have discontinued sending posts in the forum which ominously tells the story of our state of mind.Hopelessness and helplessness are making merry !!!! Uncertainty IS REIGNING THE ROOST !!!
Having said all this,it seems , at times,we have become refugies in our own houses,quite naturally ,as our fate is hanging in the air just because CHC/CANADIAN GOVT IS NOT READY TO OBLIGE US WITH THE ONE HAVING MORE CONFORTS ND FUTURE PROSPECTS in OUR ADOPTED COUNTRY.Under the circumstancec,I am sure, most of us have to keep our career related critical decisions at abeyance.
Pray every morning to the ALMIGHTY,"Please HAVE MERCY ON US and soften the hearts of the obdurate VOS at CHCs". Presumably,HE too is testing our patience and more so,faith in HIM.
ALL THAT WE CAN DO IS TO WAIT,HOWEVER PAINSTAKING IT MAY BE.
God bless all !!
parhar51

sh_humayun

Mar 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
08-02-2013
parhar51 said:
@ dbc,canadian dreams,omg,lokoloko0 , lubob nd all pre-juneres.....
Hello to all,
Ever since Jan 2012,espacially when couple of forum members got their ecases turned to IP (WITH SPECIFIC commencement dates) followed by MRS in June,every day for all of us who are still in queue comes with a hope but ends in utter dismay.Irony of our fate has not stopped jeering at the situation we have been trapped into.So much so,most of us have discontinued sending posts in the forum which ominously tells the story of our state of mind.Hopelessness and helplessness are making merry !!!! Uncertainty IS REIGNING THE ROOST !!!
Having said all this,it seems , at times,we have become refugies in our own houses,quite naturally ,as our fate is hanging in the air just because CHC/CANADIAN GOVT IS NOT READY TO OBLIGE US WITH THE ONE HAVING MORE CONFORTS ND FUTURE PROSPECTS in OUR ADOPTED COUNTRY.Under the circumstancec,I am sure, most of us have to keep our career related critical decisions at abeyance.
Pray every morning to the ALMIGHTY,"Please HAVE MERCY ON US and soften the hearts of the obdurate VOS at CHCs". Presumably,HE too is testing our patience and more so,faith in HIM.
ALL THAT WE CAN DO IS TO WAIT,HOWEVER PAINSTAKING IT MAY BE.
God bless all !!
parhar51
Very nice post. +1 for you and you moved from +16 to +17 now

Mogboy

Star Member
May 22, 2011
I was saddened to read the experiences of Anurag upon arrival in Canada. I'm not going to tell you it's easy because his experiences are valid and real. Maybe I can offer some suggestions.

- Visit the YMCA. They have free programs specifically designed to help immigrants get their qualifications reviewed and to help with job / housing searches.

- Consider taking courses on-line.

- You might consider freaking about the heat rather than the cold - it's been a terribly hot and humid summer. We had almost no snow last year.

- Anurag is right about doubling up with accommodation. I have 3 young immigrants living above me and they are extremely friendly and pleasant. Only problem is one of them plays the drums. Be considerate of neighbours.

- Look into the banks. They tend to hire immigrants and also offer free banking and a credit card with no credit history (Royal Bank). I sought investment advice at my local CIBC and the advisor was a woman recently arrived from India. She knew very little about her job, but had a very nice office with a big window.

- If you are good with technical stuff, try electronics stores like The Source or Future Shop. I recently spoke with the Manager of a Source store and he said that he would happily hire a new immigrant without Canadian experience provided they were neat, friendly and competent at discussing products like TV's, Computers and other electronic stuff. They provide training. Also mobile phone companies are expanding rapidly.

- Don't settle for the first job you see - digging ditches doesn't look good on your resume. You need to sell yourself using charm, experience and confidence.

- Don't obsess about Indian food. You are going to become Canadians. Think bland and tasteless! (You will have better breath at least - kidding!).

- Join groups, clubs, associations etc., and not necessarily just Indian focussed ones. Get your profile on Linked-in.

- Have someone help you improve your resume and have it conform to the norms of Canadian employers. They scan them for about 3 seconds. It is of no interest to an employer that you play cricket, or read books. 2 concise pages targeted to the specific job you are seeking. No spelling or grammatical mistakes. I think the YMCA helps with this also.

- Try to make friends with caucasians, Koreans, Chinese or whatever - don't ghettoize yourselves.

- Take time for yourself. At least one day a week get out and explore your beautiful new city. Visit the parks, islands, beaches, museums etc. Free your mind for a day.

- There are a number of agencies and help services that you can access.

- Immigrants from India statistically do well and own homes within 7 years. I used to teach ESL (English as a second language) as a hobby (no charge) and am delighted with the success that my Korean and Chinese students have had. One is a real estate broker and selling expensive homes.

- I don't know what Anurag's background is, but I hope he doesn't discourage you.

- I'm not trying to say it's a picnic and there certainly will be difficult days, but we don't hear of many people going home despite the fact that virtually everyone who changes countries gets homesick. I did. Only after I went back to England for a visit was I sure that this was home.

Best wishes.

sm001

Dec 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lubob said:
Anil_India bhaji ! What s new on ur apk ? I hope u hadn't left for Canada . Our party is due on you.
Hi Guys,

For your information, Anil informed me that he has not received his visa yet..and his e-cas is same as before, no meds received line added...

I think people from MI-1 who received MR are also on hold...

sm001

Dec 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mogboy said:
I was saddened to read the experiences of Anurag upon arrival in Canada. I'm not going to tell you it's easy because his experiences are valid and real. Maybe I can offer some suggestions.

- Visit the YMCA. They have free programs specifically designed to help immigrants get their qualifications reviewed and to help with job / housing searches.

- Consider taking courses on-line.

- You might consider freaking about the heat rather than the cold - it's been a terribly hot and humid summer. We had almost no snow last year.

- Anurag is right about doubling up with accommodation. I have 3 young immigrants living above me and they are extremely friendly and pleasant. Only problem is one of them plays the drums. Be considerate of neighbours.

- Look into the banks. They tend to hire immigrants and also offer free banking and a credit card with no credit history (Royal Bank). I sought investment advice at my local CIBC and the advisor was a woman recently arrived from India. She knew very little about her job, but had a very nice office with a big window.

- If you are good with technical stuff, try electronics stores like The Source or Future Shop. I recently spoke with the Manager of a Source store and he said that he would happily hire a new immigrant without Canadian experience provided they were neat, friendly and competent at discussing products like TV's, Computers and other electronic stuff. They provide training. Also mobile phone companies are expanding rapidly.

- Don't settle for the first job you see - digging ditches doesn't look good on your resume. You need to sell yourself using charm, experience and confidence.

- Don't obsess about Indian food. You are going to become Canadians. Think bland and tasteless! (You will have better breath at least - kidding!).

- Join groups, clubs, associations etc., and not necessarily just Indian focussed ones. Get your profile on Linked-in.

- Have someone help you improve your resume and have it conform to the norms of Canadian employers. They scan them for about 3 seconds. It is of no interest to an employer that you play cricket, or read books. 2 concise pages targeted to the specific job you are seeking. No spelling or grammatical mistakes. I think the YMCA helps with this also.

- Try to make friends with caucasians, Koreans, Chinese or whatever - don't ghettoize yourselves.

- Take time for yourself. At least one day a week get out and explore your beautiful new city. Visit the parks, islands, beaches, museums etc. Free your mind for a day.

- There are a number of agencies and help services that you can access.

- Immigrants from India statistically do well and own homes within 7 years. I used to teach ESL (English as a second language) as a hobby (no charge) and am delighted with the success that my Korean and Chinese students have had. One is a real estate broker and selling expensive homes.

- I don't know what Anurag's background is, but I hope he doesn't discourage you.

- I'm not trying to say it's a picnic and there certainly will be difficult days, but we don't hear of many people going home despite the fact that virtually everyone who changes countries gets homesick. I did. Only after I went back to England for a visit was I sure that this was home.

Best wishes.
Great Information Mogboy Sir!!!!!

Hope to meet you in person soon...so you can give us lot of such tips..:)

sokhi2010

Oct 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
1st:09.04.2010 ; 2nd: 09.08.2010
IELTS Request
June 2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Hopefully waived!
Passport Req..
08.11.2012, Package submitted 04.01.2013
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Soon
Hi Mogboy..

I think your post has,after a long time,given a breather to all expectant(not mothers) but applicants.It is a short review of how not to get bogged down..but rather break the ice,so to say.A very helpful outlook to all of us who are running short of patience as we want to start our new life immediately. I have in particular put this application on the back bench.When the call comes join the army!!My set up,teaching French,is now in its full flow and I am relaxed in my approach to immigration....not letting it take its toll mentally.

You should be given +1 for your post. Looking forward to more such downtoearth but encouraging posts.

BY the Way,GUYS, from which email will the CAIPS notes be received so that I can be on the lookout.

OHMYGOD

Jan 29, 2011
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
done
File Transfer...
Med's Request