+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thoz who got 6-12 months wait letter

HIZ

Star Member
Sep 21, 2012
Government of Canada Cracking Down on Citizenship Fraud

August, 2014
inShare

In order to be eligible to obtain Canadian citizenship, prospective Canadian citizens must meet a number of requirements. One such requirement is a minimum 1,095 days spent living in Canada in the four years before the date that the individual’s citizenship application is signed.

In 2012, the Government of Canada announced a crackdown on new Canadian citizens who lied about the amount of time they had spent in Canada prior to obtaining Canadian citizenship. Since then, officials have been acting swiftly to punish offenders. Canadian police are currently targeting about 11,000 people from over 100 countries who are suspected of defrauding the government by misrepresenting their periods of residency in Canada. Additionally, nearly 2000 other people have withdrawn their applications after questioning from officials.

An example of fraudulent Canadian citizens being punished occurred earlier this month, when the Government of Canada stripped members of a Lebanese family of their Canadian citizenship and fined them $63,000 after the amount of time they had claimed to have spent in Canada before obtaining citizenship was found to be false. The family signed citizenship forms claiming they had lived in Canada for almost four years. However, government officials revisited the case, making a diplomatic request to the United Arab Emirates (UAE) for the family’s travel records. They concluded that the family had really spent the vast majority of their time in the UAE. The judge declared their applications contained “patently false information”.

“Determining whether you meet residency requirements is not always easy,” said Attorney David Cohen. “However, in light of the government’s recent crackdown on citizens who did not have adequate physical presence in Canada before applying for citizenship, I recommend that individuals, who seek Canadian citizenship, ensure they spend the minimum 1,095 days in Canada in the four years before sending in an application.”

Meeting the Requirements

Citizenship applicants can avoid scrutiny and maximize their chances of success by complying with the rules. There are a number of requirements that must be met in order to be eligible to obtain Canadian citizenship as an adult. All applicants must:

Be permanent residents;
Be at least 18 years of age;
Have lived in Canada for at least 1,095 days in the four years before the date that their application is signed (time spent residing legally in Canada prior to acquiring permanent residency counts as a half day of residency);
Have adequate knowledge of English or French;
Have adequate knowledge of Canada and the responsibilities and privileges of citizenship;
Not be under removal order (ordered to leave Canada);
Not be considered a security risk; and
Not be criminally prohibited.
Attend a ceremony and take the oath of citizenship.

As mentioned above, the Government of Canada has been strict about the requirement for citizenship applicants to have spent 1,095 days Canada in the last four years before the date their application is signed. However, in the past, there have been cases where individuals have been granted citizenship without meeting this requirement. The confusion regarding such cases is due to the fact that determining one’s period of residency in Canada is not always a straightforward process.

Generally, individuals must be physically present in the country in order to earn Canadian residency days. However, this regulation has been successfully contested in Federal Court before on numerous occasions. In some cases, individuals are compelled to leave Canada (for instance, while working for a Canadian company abroad). These individuals may be eligible to apply for citizenship based on a combination of factors that assess their connection to Canada. However these cases are rare and only a citizenship judge can determine if an applicant meets the residence requirements with fewer than 1,095 days of physical presence.

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
الحمد لله رب العالمين - 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
الحمد لله رب العالمين March 28, 2015.
imranmcse said:
Alhamdulilah, got PPs back with Visas and COPR.
Sir

Congratulations , wish a blessed and successful life ahead

Stay Blessed

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
HIZ said:

August, 2014
inShare

In order to be eligible to obtain Canadian citizenship, prospective Canadian citizens must meet a number of requirements. One such requirement is a minimum 1,095 days spent living in Canada in the four years before the date that the individual's citizenship application is signed.

Be permanent residents;
Have lived in Canada for at least 1,095 days in the four years before the date that their application is signed (time spent residing legally in Canada prior to acquiring permanent residency counts as a half day of residency);

As mentioned above, the Government of Canada has been strict about the requirement for citizenship applicants to have spent 1,095 days Canada in the last four years before the date their application is signed. However, in the past, there have been cases where individuals have been granted citizenship without meeting this requirement. The confusion regarding such cases is due to the fact that determining one's period of residency in Canada is not always a straightforward process.
Sir

I am sure that your apprehension are clear about years and days of stay in Canada.
This is like this

1. One Has to stay for 1095 Days
2. Physical stay must cover FOUR Calendar years - ( 365 x 3 = 1095) is not the requirement , it has to be 1095 days and Four Calendar Years.- ie if some one lands on Jan 01, 2014 , he is eligible after spending 2014, 2015 ,2016 and a portion of 2017 !!!!

Stay Blessed

ABT

Star Member
Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
1111/0111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2010
Doc's Request.
29-11-2010
Nomination.....
11-8-10
AOR Received.
11-03-2011
IELTS Request
Along with doc. request
File Transfer...
Aug 2010
Med's Request
Jan 14
Med's Done....
Feb 14
Interview........
Insha'Allah waived!
Passport Req..
PPR1 Apr 14 & PPR2 May 14
VISA ISSUED...
June 2014
HIZ said:

August, 2014
inShare

In order to be eligible to obtain Canadian citizenship, prospective Canadian citizens must meet a number of requirements. One such requirement is a minimum 1,095 days spent living in Canada in the four years before the date that the individual's citizenship application is signed.

In 2012, the Government of Canada announced a crackdown on new Canadian citizens who lied about the amount of time they had spent in Canada prior to obtaining Canadian citizenship. Since then, officials have been acting swiftly to punish offenders. Canadian police are currently targeting about 11,000 people from over 100 countries who are suspected of defrauding the government by misrepresenting their periods of residency in Canada. Additionally, nearly 2000 other people have withdrawn their applications after questioning from officials.

An example of fraudulent Canadian citizens being punished occurred earlier this month, when the Government of Canada stripped members of a Lebanese family of their Canadian citizenship and fined them $63,000 after the amount of time they had claimed to have spent in Canada before obtaining citizenship was found to be false. The family signed citizenship forms claiming they had lived in Canada for almost four years. However, government officials revisited the case, making a diplomatic request to the United Arab Emirates (UAE) for the family's travel records. They concluded that the family had really spent the vast majority of their time in the UAE. The judge declared their applications contained “patently false information”.

“Determining whether you meet residency requirements is not always easy,” said Attorney David Cohen. “However, in light of the government's recent crackdown on citizens who did not have adequate physical presence in Canada before applying for citizenship, I recommend that individuals, who seek Canadian citizenship, ensure they spend the minimum 1,095 days in Canada in the four years before sending in an application.”

Meeting the Requirements

Citizenship applicants can avoid scrutiny and maximize their chances of success by complying with the rules. There are a number of requirements that must be met in order to be eligible to obtain Canadian citizenship as an adult. All applicants must:

Be permanent residents;
Have adequate knowledge of English or French;
Have adequate knowledge of Canada and the responsibilities and privileges of citizenship;
Not be under removal order (ordered to leave Canada);
Not be considered a security risk; and
Not be criminally prohibited.
Attend a ceremony and take the oath of citizenship.

As mentioned above, the Government of Canada has been strict about the requirement for citizenship applicants to have spent 1,095 days Canada in the last four years before the date their application is signed. However, in the past, there have been cases where individuals have been granted citizenship without meeting this requirement. The confusion regarding such cases is due to the fact that determining one's period of residency in Canada is not always a straightforward process.

Generally, individuals must be physically present in the country in order to earn Canadian residency days. However, this regulation has been successfully contested in Federal Court before on numerous occasions. In some cases, individuals are compelled to leave Canada (for instance, while working for a Canadian company abroad). These individuals may be eligible to apply for citizenship based on a combination of factors that assess their connection to Canada. However these cases are rare and only a citizenship judge can determine if an applicant meets the residence requirements with fewer than 1,095 days of physical presence.
Dear Hiz!
Sent u PM, please check.

sasimaskari

Star Member
Jul 30, 2012
Doha, Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2010
Doc's Request.
19-07-2010
AOR Received.
12-04-2012
IELTS Request
sent along with documents
File Transfer...
28-07-2010
Med's Request
08-04-2014
Med's Done....
29-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 14-05-14 & PPR2 24-06-14
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2014
LANDED..........
17-08-2014
As-Salaam-Alaikum
Please let me know whether I should take CAD or USD to canada as cash. Also should I make the draft in CAD or USD?

Your urgent reply will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
sasimaskari said:
As-Salaam-Alaikum
Please let me know whether I should take CAD or USD to canada as cash. Also should I make the draft in CAD or USD?

Thanks
Sir
Carry at least CAD 10,000/- in cash -( or more if you can), and balance in FDD , that will be issued in US $ by all banks in Pakistan.

All US $ FDD takes 45 days (Max) for realization

Stay Blessed

naimm

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
msaeed said:
Sir
Carry at least CAD 10,000/- in cash -( or more if you can), and balance in FDD , that will be issued in US $ by all banks in Pakistan.

All US $ FDD takes 45 days (Max) for realization

Stay Blessed
FDD requirements and bank ?

MM2

Champion Member
Sep 27, 2012
Visa Office......
London
you should take CAD with you ...

sasimaskari said:
As-Salaam-Alaikum

Thanks

VEHSHI

Star Member
Jul 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Fellows,

Yesterday evening I received an email from LVO saying that they made a decision on my application and have me asked to submit updated information chart and photo and passport copies to London office and originals to Islamabad office. I believe we call it a combined PPR1 & PP2, right?

Before going ahead, I needed assistance with two queries as below and I seek assistance from senior fellows here.

• During the time after medicals and this email, God Almighty has blessed us with a baby girl. I have applied for her passport which will be available in approx. 10 days from now. Please advise how should I include the new comer in my application.
  • My, my spouse and my son's passports are expiring in January'15. Can I submit these passports and plan to fly before they expire or renewing my passports is mandatory?

Looking forward for your usual assistance.

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
naimm said:
FDD requirements and bank ?
Sir

Please elaborate your concern

Stay Blessed

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
VEHSHI said:
Dear Fellows,

Yesterday evening I received an email from LVO saying that they made a decision on my application and have me asked to submit updated information chart and photo and passport copies to London office and originals to Islamabad office. I believe we call it a combined PPR1 & PP2, right?

Before going ahead, I needed assistance with two queries as below and I seek assistance from senior fellows here.

• During the time after medicals and this email, God Almighty has blessed us with a baby girl. I have applied for her passport which will be available in approx. 10 days from now. Please advise how should I include the new comer in my application.
  • My, my spouse and my son's passports are expiring in January'15. Can I submit these passports and plan to fly before they expire or renewing my passports is mandatory?

Looking forward for your usual assistance.
Sir

Congratulations on birth of princess , I wish all the best for her.

Drop email to LVO , inform them about birth of kid , and ask them what you need to submit them , so that she could be included in your application , and you want to take her with you.

This is time gaining tactic , and meanwhile get following ready;

1. Fill in new imm0008 generic form
2. Additional family information chart , you and your wife - (that will have baby added)
3. Copies of her passport
4.Copies of her Birth Certificate
5. Copies of her bey form
6. Copy of FRC that you will get from Nadra
7. FDD for CAD 150/-
8. Copies of renewed passports of your family members

Courier them to LVO , with in two weeks they will issue you Medicals of kid , and yyou will get visa with in 3 months from now

Stay Blessed

WAY

Mar 1, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 22, 2010
Doc's Request.
April 06, 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 13, 2010
IELTS Request
Already done
File Transfer...
May 22, 2012
Med's Request
April 09, 2014 (Re-med)
Med's Done....
May 02, 2014 (Re-med)
Interview........
Hopefully Waived
Passport Req..
PPR-1 (May 13, 2014), PPR-2 (Jun 11, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jun 27, 2014
LANDED..........
Nov 2014, Permanent landing not decided yet
Good Read

http://www.daisywright.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Survey_Results_of_Cdn_Hiring_Managers.pdf