App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
الحمد لله رب العالمين - 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
الحمد لله رب العالمين March 28, 2015.
SMSH said:
Smash: LOL :D

No brother it is short form of all my family members names including myself.... :)
Sir

I am sure this abbreviation has name letter of our First Bhabi only !!!!!! :D
or names of both start with same alphabet?????????????????

ftahir

Star Member
Oct 26, 2012
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
AOR Received.
Oct-2010
IELTS Request
Along with Application
File Transfer...
Mar-2011
Med's Request
Nov-2013
Med's Done....
5-Dec-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR-1 on 10-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Hopefully in Aug 14
jimmy page said:
Lol...."Double Trouble" ;)
Its only " TROUBLE TROUBLE " hahahahahahahah

NN74

Jun 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear SMSH, CIC POF is just LICO; its lowest benchmark. Even if you bring fortune with you and wont find a job of your field (say in 6-8 months) and decided not to take up survival jobs, then what fsarosh has mentioned turned reality! With family money goes away like anything (3.5 times of UAE dirham).

Esp professionals who worked in UAE never get adjusted with small jobs; cleaning tables, spending nights as security guard etc. At every step you feel disgusted and curse the moment you had decided to immigrate! Last week, I came across a guy from Lahore who was Income Tax Officer driving taxi but calculating 1,095 days; he was 74 days short.

Sometimes, when I look at my husband, I feel that immigration is the toughest decision -which I imposed onto- our lives! The frustration, agony, and desperation we felt during CIC application process was nothing comparable to finding good job (of same field) & get adjusted in Toronto. But it depends upon individual, may be you'd be lucky not to face what common immigrants used to face daily. Only Allah knows!

Congrats and good luck but plan accordingly and be ready to get into the mincing machine of Canadian immigrant!

SMSH said:
Thanks a lot brother for this nice info!

As per CIC instructions everyone must have real POF on landing and if you have +6 months surviving money then I don't find any reason to postpone your family landing and practically no one can save millions as family must join you before Visa expiry...
So it depends case to case that how much time & savings one person have....

Wassalam,
SMSH

jimmy page

Feb 19, 2012
NN74 said:
Dear SMSH, CIC POF is just LICO; its lowest benchmark. Even if you bring fortune with you and wont find a job of your field (say in 6-8 months) and decided not to take up survival jobs, then what fsarosh has mentioned turned reality! With family money goes away like anything (3.5 times of UAE dirham).

Esp professionals who worked in UAE never get adjusted with small jobs; cleaning tables, spending nights as security guard etc. At every step you feel disgusted and curse the moment you had decided to immigrate! Last week, I came across a guy from Lahore who was Income Tax Officer driving taxi but calculating 1,095 days; he was 74 days short.

Sometimes, when I look at my husband, I feel that immigration is the toughest decision -which I imposed onto- our lives! The frustration, agony, and desperation we felt during CIC application process was nothing comparable to finding good job (of same field) & get adjusted in Toronto. But it depends upon individual, may be you'd be lucky not to face what common immigrants used to face daily. Only Allah knows!

Congrats and good luck but plan accordingly and be ready to get into the mincing machine of Canadian immigrant!
Why don't u tear and throw away your PR card, come back to Pakistan and get rid of this frustration, desperation and misery that you guys r going through in canada??

At others:
Guys, don't listen to this trash. These r HYPOCRITES, who go themselves and then live there, curse the system but keep living there, and then finally, scare others from the move.

We all know we won't get a job in our own field initially. So I urge everyone to respond , so such people "who live in canada themselves and are discouraging others by cursing the life there" understand that their opinion is NOT required here. People on this forum are NOT idiots and know what they r getting into by going to Canada. So we DON'T NEED HYPOCRITES TO GIVE US ADVISE.

If u agree with me, give me +1 OR write "agreed".....
if u don't agree with me, gimme -1 OR write "disagree"

Let the public sentiment be heard. :)

Ali78

Star Member
Apr 15, 2013
Canada
LANDED..........
20-Mar-2014
SMSH said:
Dear Brothers & Sisters,

AOA w.w.

First of all I would like to say special Thanks to all for your kind support & appreciation during this process of immigration till now.

I will surely disturb you wherever I need help again for my settlement process. :D

I will not be more active on forum threads as I need to sort out many things after Visa ....however this does not mean that I am totally out!

Insha Allah I will keep the list up-to-date until it is possible for me and will announce if I can't continue the list update but my Only request is to just send me PM (private message) with your updates /questions if I can be helpful for anyone....and ASAP I will give you my feedback with update.

I am also contactable on my Skype ID smsh.canada ;)

I hope you all understand my current situation and will not mind at all since I am not leaving now :)

So who ever is happy with my little participation please click on Good under my name so I will count how many of you like me 8)

Always remember in your prayers....

Wassalam,

SMSH
Good Luck friend and remember all of us in your prayers.

joe99

Oct 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jimmy page said:
Why don't u tear your PR card, and come back to Pakistan and get rid of this frustration, desperation and misery that you guys r going through in canada??

At others:
Guys, don't listen to this trash. These r HYPOCRITES, who go themselves and then live there, curse the system but keep living there, and then finally, scare others from the the move.

We all know we won't get a job in our own field initially. So I urge everyone to respond , so such people "who live in canada themselves and are discouraging others by cursing the life there" understand that their opinion is NOT required here. People on this forum are NOT idiots and they know the exact comparison of lives and know what they r getting into by going to Canada. So we DON'T NEED HYPOCRITES TO GIVE US ADVISE.

+1 and Agreed.... :)

Thing which pricks my mind is....how come a new immigrant will be expected a red carpet welcome in a new country....new culture........without knowing his/her caliber............without any effort...... :) :)

SMSH

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Mississauga, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2010
Doc's Request.
19-10-2010
Nomination.....
19-10-2010
AOR Received.
11-06-2011
IELTS Request
11-06-2010
File Transfer...
11-06-2011
Med's Request
01-10-2013
Med's Done....
07-10-2013 valid until 09-07-2014
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
24-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-02-2014
LANDED..........
28-06-2014 Alhamdulillah
jimmy page said:
Why don't u tear and throw away your PR card, come back to Pakistan and get rid of this frustration, desperation and misery that you guys r going through in canada??

At others:
Guys, don't listen to this trash. These r HYPOCRITES, who go themselves and then live there, curse the system but keep living there, and then finally, scare others from the move.

We all know we won't get a job in our own field initially. So I urge everyone to respond , so such people "who live in canada themselves and are discouraging others by cursing the life there" understand that their opinion is NOT required here. People on this forum are NOT idiots and know what they r getting into by going to Canada. So we DON'T NEED HYPOCRITES TO GIVE US ADVISE.

Dear All,

I am sure everyone has the right to give his/her independent opinion but with one/two examples we can’t start believing on anything…

If I say it in an easy way which everyone can understand here that we see the opinion of majority for such critical decision of life.

I request all to look around and tell me how many people you know in person from Pakistan who has got PR from Canada and decided not to apply for Citizenship and came back to Pakistan because life standard is better in Pakistan.

I don’t know a single person who decided to come back without Passport and wish to settle in Pakistan, the question is Why????

The answer is here that Canada is much better than Pakistan in all respects as of today… I feel shame telling others that I am from Pakistan due to current situation of country. (no need to explain)
The only reason for me to visit Pakistan is my parents and other family members and most of my friends are already out of Pakistan…settled in UK/USA/Canada/Australia

Now come back to the point of surviving…without money…first of all they clearly mentioned to bring as much as you can and they assumed that you may get a job in 6 months time…
Also they mentioned very clearly that you may not get job in same profession/position…so no cheating from CIC …

In my opinion if someone has 1 year expense to survive then it is great if he wants to stay out of pressure in starting a new life…so please take all your gold with you and if you have land/property in your name also sell it convert in CAD$ and take it with you because you don’t know when it would be possible for you to make a trip for Pakistan.

The extra money with you can be used to upgrade your education….till the time you don’t get a job…also Canada give you many free training program to improve your skills/language keep yourself busy…

I can understand that there could be a big problem if someone is a professional in his/her country and can’t work in same position in Canada like doctors/engineers/other controlled profession.
This is again due to our great country education system that they always doubt on us and we need to sit for further exam before we start practicing our profession…

Most of people wants to have peace and not money because money is not everything and people who were having a luxury life with 3-5 servants at their home in Pakistan surely it is hard for them to adjust in Canada even if they get a good job because they have to do lot of work by themselves.

I did my best to explain but if someone has any questions can discuss with me on Skype for any clarification….

Conclusion:

I agree with Jimmy Page and award him +1 because he is correct with his opinion that if life is not good in Canada for some people then please come back to our great country.

Also I request him to say his comments in a polite way and we can say that an idea/proposal/thinking is not agreeable but we should not say that a person is bad…until we know him/her in person.

Wassalam,
SMSH

jimmy page

Feb 19, 2012
SMSH said:
Dear All,

I am sure everyone has the right to give his/her independent opinion but with one/two examples we can't start believing on anything...

If I say it in an easy way which everyone can understand here that we see the opinion of majority for such critical decision of life.

I request all to look around and tell me how many people you know in person from Pakistan who has got PR from Canada and decided not to apply for Citizenship and came back to Pakistan because life standard is better in Pakistan.

I don't know a single person who decided to come back without Passport and wish to settle in Pakistan, the question is Why????

The answer is here that Canada is much better than Pakistan in all respects as of today... I feel shame telling others that I am from Pakistan due to current situation of country. (no need to explain)
The only reason for me to visit Pakistan is my parents and other family members and most of my friends are already out of Pakistan...settled in UK/USA/Canada/Australia

Now come back to the point of surviving...without money...first of all they clearly mentioned to bring as much as you can and they assumed that you may get a job in 6 months time...
Also they mentioned very clearly that you may not get job in same profession/position...so no cheating from CIC ...

In my opinion if someone has 1 year expense to survive then it is great if he wants to stay out of pressure in starting a new life...so please take all your gold with you and if you have land/property in your name also sell it convert in CAD$ and take it with you because you don't know when it would be possible for you to make a trip for Pakistan.

The extra money with you can be used to upgrade your education....till the time you don't get a job...also Canada give you many free training program to improve your skills/language keep yourself busy...

I can understand that there could be a big problem if someone is a professional in his/her country and can't work in same position in Canada like doctors/engineers/other controlled profession.
This is again due to our great country education system that they always doubt on us and we need to sit for further exam before we start practicing our profession...

Most of people wants to have peace and not money because money is not everything and people who were having a luxury life with 3-5 servants at their home in Pakistan surely it is hard for them to adjust in Canada even if they get a good job because they have to do lot of work by themselves.

I did my best to explain but if someone has any questions can discuss with me on Skype for any clarification....

Conclusion:

I agree with Jimmy Page and award him +1 because he is correct with his opinion that if life is not good in Canada for some people then please come back to our great country.

Also I request him to say his comments in a polite way and we can say that an idea/proposal/thinking is not agreeable but we should not say that a person is bad...until we know him/her in person.

Wassalam,
SMSH
I NEVER said the person is bad, just said he/she is a hypocrite (chooses something else for themselves but advises something different to others). Didnt mean to be rude, just won't stay quite on hypocracy and misguidance. That's all.

destination canada

Jun 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2010
Doc's Request.
October 2010
AOR Received.
Nova-Scotia, October 2010
File Transfer...
Full Docs to LVO - January 2011, Second AOR May-2011
Med's Request
Feb.2014
Med's Done....
Feb.2014
Passport Req..
PPR-1 & PPR-2 on June 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 2014
jimmy page said:

At others:

agreed and already +1, what ever you say bro, i am always with you, dump this hypocrites

jamy

May 25, 2010
Kuwait
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-4-2010
Doc's Request.
july 6-2010
Nomination.....
22-10-2010
AOR Received.
15-2-2011
IELTS Request
sent with documents
File Transfer...
received 6-12 month letter on 23-3-2012
Med's Request
waiting
jimmy page said:

At others:

+1 TO SMSH AND JIMMY and my mashwara to everyone waiting for PP or MR is to polish there skills more while waiting for process and when they go Canada atleast struggle less finding good job.

WANT TO QUOTE THIS

10% of life is made up of what happens to you . 90% of life is decided by how you react.

Arsh Ali

Nov 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-4-2010
Doc's Request.
6-7-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Docs
File Transfer...
14-7-2010
Med's Request
27-9-2013
Med's Done....
14-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 2014
LANDED..........
June 2014
jimmy page said:

At others:

I guess everyone has its own experience, very well said in one of the quotes that we should not expect red carpet reception, on the other hand we should not refer to those people who are/were making 'easy money' in Pakistan :), a government officer in Pakistan at good post is very happy case in Pakistan but yes in Canada, things are changed :) I hope u got my point ...
Even u know my job status and I shared with u that how hard it's for us to leave settled life but if u r doing hardwork and really have skills & job knowledge about whatever u r doing here, sooner or later u will be settled more there.
So keep faith in yourself and God, also refer some cases who were not doing good in Pakistan and are now happy in Canada. Don't see cases who left as VP of any company and is now working at entry level in Canada as people who are veryyyy settled should take their own decision, better overall life OR better financial conditions only associated with that job/position ... Jimmy +1 for ur enthusiasm to move on :)

usiddiqi

Star Member
May 1, 2010
SMSH said:
Dear All,

I am sure everyone has the right to give his/her independent opinion but with one/two examples we can't start believing on anything...

I don't know a single person who decided to come back without Passport and wish to settle in Pakistan, the question is Why????

The answer is here that Canada is much better than Pakistan in all respects as of today... I feel shame telling others that I am from Pakistan due to current situation of country. (no need to explain)
The only reason for me to visit Pakistan is my parents and other family members and most of my friends are already out of Pakistan...settled in UK/USA/Canada/Australia

Now come back to the point of surviving...without money...first of all they clearly mentioned to bring as much as you can and they assumed that you may get a job in 6 months time...
Also they mentioned very clearly that you may not get job in same profession/position...so no cheating from CIC ...

In my opinion if someone has 1 year expense to survive then it is great if he wants to stay out of pressure in starting a new life...so please take all your gold with you and if you have land/property in your name also sell it convert in CAD$ and take it with you because you don't know when it would be possible for you to make a trip for Pakistan.

The extra money with you can be used to upgrade your education....till the time you don't get a job...also Canada give you many free training program to improve your skills/language keep yourself busy...

I can understand that there could be a big problem if someone is a professional in his/her country and can't work in same position in Canada like doctors/engineers/other controlled profession.
This is again due to our great country education system that they always doubt on us and we need to sit for further exam before we start practicing our profession...

I did my best to explain but if someone has any questions can discuss with me on Skype for any clarification....

Conclusion:

Also I request him to say his comments in a polite way and we can say that an idea/proposal/thinking is not agreeable but we should not say that a person is bad...until we know him/her in person.

Wassalam,
SMSH
I agree with SMSH and only thing I want to add is that there are no guarantees in life. When you graduated from university what was the guarantee that you will get a job? But still everyone in my class got a job, some immediately and some in few months. Similarly in Canada there are no guarantees that you will get a job, but still all of my friends who moved there are working at good companies and are financially stable. At the same time, I know other people who are doing odd jobs like driving a truck. So anything is possible.

But the good thing is that in Canada and US, there is no disrespect in doing odd jobs. We have to change that mindset. I have lived in US myself as a student and I have worked in restaurants and gas stations during night, doing cleanings and changing trash bags etc, and no one, not even my friends, raised an eyebrow about it. It's all in the mind.

I for one, am ready for anything when I move to Canada. In fact, one of my dream jobs is working as a barista at Starbucks Coffee and I might make this dream come true in Canada because only there I am free to do any job I want as there will be no pressure of working only in a field related to my education or experience.

ok1

Star Member
Oct 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC - London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
UDR (with 18 months letter) received on May 7, 2013 / Sent back to LVO on 12/5/13
Med's Request
Waiting..
nekeol said:
RPRF IS REFUNDABLE IN CASE REJECTION OF VISA. Mostly VO adking fee in advance to avoid delays at ppr time
Med's Request: 19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....: 7/1/2014
above is the quote taken from your timelines.. how did you know that the BGC were done when you got the MR?
I received MR on 31st Jan 2014 after UDR in May 2013, would this mean my BGC is complete? with medical results they asked for RPRF..
please elaborate.. thanks

ok1

Star Member
Oct 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC - London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
UDR (with 18 months letter) received on May 7, 2013 / Sent back to LVO on 12/5/13
Med's Request
Waiting..
SMSH said:
Hi SMSH.. have dropped you a PM.. please respond. thanks..

Dear All,

Conclusion:

Wassalam,
SMSH