IELTS Request
sent with documents
File Transfer...
received 6-12 month letter on 23-3-2012
Med's Request
waiting
jimmy page said:
Dear Applicant,

In order to continue processing your application, we require the additional documents marked below within 60 days.

PLEASE ENCLOSE A COPY OF THIS LETTER WITH YOUR REPLY.

The forms listed below can be found on the CIC website at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled.asp

(Please declare personal history and addresses since the age of 18 without any gaps in dates)

1. New Application for Permanent Residence IMM0008 form for the principal applicant.

2. Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669]

3. Supplementary Information - Your travels [IMM 5562]

4. New Additional Family Information Form IMM5406 for yourself and each family member over the age of 18.

5. Copy of passport title page for each applicant. If any of your dependants are included in a parent's passport, please ensure that you apply for an individual passport for each person. Please note that each person will require their own passport at the time of visa issuance.

6. Completed Military Questionnaire (attached), for each applicant who has completed more than mandatory military service. For all applicants with any military service, please provide a copy of the Military Card or Military Exemption Card.

Please forward all requested documents together within 60 days from the date of this letter. Please quote your file number on all correspondence, including the envelope.

Please note that your application is still subject to admissibility checks and verifications that are deemed necessary. You should not take any irrevocable action such as selling your property, quitting your job, or buying plane tickets until we have advised you of the final decision on your application.

At this time, we do not expect to make a final decision on your application until 2014. Please do not make case status enquiries for the next 18 months, as our resources are devoted to case processing and we will not be able to answer routine enquiries.

However, please do advise us if there is a change in your personal circumstances, such as the birth of a child, a marriage or divorce. You must let us know at the address above or by email at ldn-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca. You must also inform us of a:

● Change of address, including change of e-mail address;

● Change of immigration representative. You must include a completed and signed Use of a Representative form (IMM5476E). You can find the form at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5476E.pdf)

● Request for withdrawal of your application.

Please ensure you quote your file number on any correspondence sent to us.

We look forward to hearing from you within 60 days.

Sincerely

High Commission of Canada
Yaar i asked 2 times before regarding forms that which forms to fill for Principal Applicant and family members please specify i might send tomorrow............thanks

zeshananis

Apr 15, 2010
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jamy said:
Yaar i asked 2 times before regarding forms that which forms to fill for Principal Applicant and family members please specify i might send tomorrow............thanks
1. New Application for Permanent Residence IMM0008 form for the principal applicant.
Principle Applicant Only

Principle Applicant + Spouse

Principle Applicant + Spouse (If Applicable in both cases)

4. New Additional Family Information Form IMM5406 for yourself and each family member over the age of 18.
Self explanatory (Principle Applicant + Spouse + Over 18 Child)

5. Copy of passport title page for each applicant.
All member of Applicant

6. Completed Military Questionnaire
Not sure yet

kkhan870

Nov 21, 2008
jimmy page said:
So qorax saying that they sent this military form to me by error/mistake !!! Hmmmm...I don't think 7 people got it by mistake :)

Qorax REPLY:
"That Military Questionnaire might have come to u erroneously. It's prescribed for ppl with military service history OR for ppl who r coming from countries which have 'draft' - either legislative or temporary (during emergencies/exigencies). U may not file it at all & draw ur VO's attention to the fact that Pakistan doesn't observe conscription.

Qorax"

Ok....I don't think 'not filing' would be wise, as eeveryone s getting it...so here s wat I'm thinking:
1. Write reason on form that "military service is NOT compulsory in pakistan." And print form n send it.
2. Get an affidivate signed by magistrate/notary public backing this up.

Last option as 2calgary said, check via CSI !
Thoughts guys ?
I would not suggest CSI for this, check filling instructions for this form in Instruction Guide or OP bulletin and you don't need for affidavit as it is not asked if its too much bothering then write a cover letter when sending these forms explaining the situation

mian_g

May 24, 2012
Calgary
Visa Office......
london
LANDED..........
02/07/2014
SMSH said:
Congrats Jimmy,

Welcome to the new CIC Plan .....of 18 months...

I have added you in my excel list kindly also share below info...

NOC
Country of Residence
Application to CIO
Reviewed & started processing Date
Date on 6-12 months wait Letter

Wassalam,
SMSH
LOL

zeshananis

Apr 15, 2010
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jamy said:
Principle Applicant Only

All member of Applicant

Not sure yet

jamy

May 25, 2010
Kuwait
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-4-2010
Doc's Request.
july 6-2010
Nomination.....
22-10-2010
AOR Received.
15-2-2011
IELTS Request
sent with documents
File Transfer...
received 6-12 month letter on 23-3-2012
Med's Request
waiting
zeshananis said:
Principle Applicant Only

All member of Applicant

Not sure yet
Dear Zeeshanis

if they mentioned over the age of 18 do we still need to send form for under age 18 ?

zeshananis

Apr 15, 2010
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jamy said:
Dear Zeeshanis

if they mentioned over the age of 18 do we still need to send form for under age 18 ?

only for over 18 age not under

jadedGeek

Mar 19, 2010
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2010
Doc's Request.
03-08-2010
AOR Received.
23-03-2011
File Transfer...
11-Aug-10
Med's Request
28-OCT-2013
kkhan870 said:
I would not suggest CSI for this, check filling instructions for this form in Instruction Guide or OP bulletin and you don't need for affidavit as it is not asked if its too much bothering then write a cover letter when sending these forms explaining the situation

Well.. We all know that there's no conscription for military service in pakistan so I think we should fill this up with N/A. Evidence of exemption can be valid only, when there's something mandatory and someone can't do that and file for exemption. In our case, there's no mandatory national service, so no exemption evidence is required (i guess so).

I think we should detail the same in the form and probably supplement with the evidence that there's no conscription.

Moreover, I have written to Pak Army also- let's see what they response.

But... reading the email again makes me confused.

"6. Completed Military Questionnaire (attached), for each applicant who has completed more than mandatory military service. For all applicants with any military service, please provide a copy of the Military Card or Military Exemption Card. "

They are saying complete the form for persons who have completed more than madatory (means what??) voluntary military service? then second statment is says "any military service" -

This is my feedback. Let's analyze and research together and come up with a solid solution.

jimmy page

Feb 19, 2012
jadedGeek said:
Well.. We all know that there's no conscription for military service in pakistan so I think we should fill this up with N/A. Evidence of exemption can be valid only, when there's something mandatory and someone can't do that and file for exemption. In our case, there's no mandatory national service, so no exemption evidence is required (i guess so).

I think we should detail the same in the form and probably supplement with the evidence that there's no conscription.

"6. Completed Military Questionnaire (attached), for each applicant who has completed more than mandatory military service. For all applicants with any military service, please provide a copy of the Military Card or Military Exemption Card. "

They are saying complete the form for persons who have completed more than madatory (means what??) voluntary military service? then second statment is says "any military service" -

This is my feedback. Let's analyze and research together and come up with a solid solution.
spoke to a friend s dad in army...he said:

Army will ONLY give u a letter if u DID serve for them.
For general millions of general public who DID NOT SERVE , they will issue u NOTHING, coz they r not faarigh and this is not their job:) he furthers said "if u want extra proof, get a notary public affedevaite"....

So I'm thinking of :

1. Form with N/A
2. Notary public decleration. (Since visa office acceps notary)

SMSH

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Mississauga, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2010
Doc's Request.
19-10-2010
Nomination.....
19-10-2010
AOR Received.
11-06-2011
IELTS Request
11-06-2010
File Transfer...
11-06-2011
Med's Request
01-10-2013
Med's Done....
07-10-2013 valid until 09-07-2014
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
24-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-02-2014
LANDED..........
28-06-2014 Alhamdulillah
Thanks Jimmy & Zeeshanis for letter sharing...

Dear All,

Yaar dont worry about this miltry issue as the words are very clear in english Language :)

""""for each applicant who has completed more than mandatory military service"""""

So the answer I have not participated in any military service/training etc....
Since it is not mandatory in pakistan....however is some countries it is a must before your get
However if someone has done NCC , I have no idea about that....to mention or not....

As a proof open the below link for worldwide Conscription and understand that this clause is not applicable for us.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conscription

If this was a must then in our previous forms also there was such information and they would asked us to provide a certificate from Army like PCC...Chalo enjoy karo yeh kaam khatam hogaya...hopefully...Just type N/A and that's it.

jadedGeek

Mar 19, 2010
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2010
Doc's Request.
03-08-2010
AOR Received.
23-03-2011
File Transfer...
11-Aug-10
Med's Request
28-OCT-2013
I got the same letter

jimmy page said:
Dear Applicant,

In order to continue processing your application, we require the additional documents marked below within 60 days.

PLEASE ENCLOSE A COPY OF THIS LETTER WITH YOUR REPLY.

The forms listed below can be found on the CIC website at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled.asp

(Please declare personal history and addresses since the age of 18 without any gaps in dates)

5. Copy of passport title page for each applicant. If any of your dependants are included in a parent's passport, please ensure that you apply for an individual passport for each person. Please note that each person will require their own passport at the time of visa issuance.

6. Completed Military Questionnaire (attached), for each applicant who has completed more than mandatory military service. For all applicants with any military service, please provide a copy of the Military Card or Military Exemption Card.

Please forward all requested documents together within 60 days from the date of this letter. Please quote your file number on all correspondence, including the envelope.

Please note that your application is still subject to admissibility checks and verifications that are deemed necessary. You should not take any irrevocable action such as selling your property, quitting your job, or buying plane tickets until we have advised you of the final decision on your application.

At this time, we do not expect to make a final decision on your application until 2014. Please do not make case status enquiries for the next 18 months, as our resources are devoted to case processing and we will not be able to answer routine enquiries.

However, please do advise us if there is a change in your personal circumstances, such as the birth of a child, a marriage or divorce. You must let us know at the address above or by email at ldn-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca. You must also inform us of a:

● Change of address, including change of e-mail address;

● Change of immigration representative. You must include a completed and signed Use of a Representative form (IMM5476E). You can find the form at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5476E.pdf)

● Request for withdrawal of your application.

Please ensure you quote your file number on any correspondence sent to us.

We look forward to hearing from you within 60 days.

Sincerely

High Commission of Canada

jadedGeek

Mar 19, 2010
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2010
Doc's Request.
03-08-2010
AOR Received.
23-03-2011
File Transfer...
11-Aug-10
Med's Request
28-OCT-2013
U are right and it's not applicable to us.. i was just thinking to supplement my form with official evidence. Wikipedia is not an authorative source

SMSH said:
Thanks Jimmy & Zeeshanis for letter sharing...

Dear All,

Yaar dont worry about this miltry issue as the words are very clear in english Language :)

""""for each applicant who has completed more than mandatory military service"""""

So the answer I have not participated in any military service/training etc....
Since it is not mandatory in pakistan....however is some countries it is a must before your get
However if someone has done NCC , I have no idea about that....to mention or not....

As a proof open the below link for worldwide Conscription and understand that this clause is not applicable for us.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conscription

If this was a must then in our previous forms also there was such information and they would asked us to provide a certificate from Army like PCC...Chalo enjoy karo yeh kaam khatam hogaya...hopefully...Just type N/A and that's it.

kkhan870

Nov 21, 2008
jadedGeek said:

It's very simple and easy read the lines it says"WHO has completed the mandatory military service" so only fill it if you have military service

zeshananis

Apr 15, 2010
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kkhan870 said:
It's very simple and easy read the lines it says"WHO has completed the mandatory military service" so only fill it if you have military service
There's a slight variance in their statements:

1- In email: for each applicant who has completed more than mandatory military service.

2- Inside Form Content: If you never did military service, explain why not, and provide proof of any exemption from service.

this is making us confuse and that's why we're trying to find the best way to explain

jadedGeek

Mar 19, 2010
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2010
Doc's Request.
03-08-2010
AOR Received.
23-03-2011
File Transfer...
11-Aug-10
Med's Request
28-OCT-2013
kkhan870 said:

No- they are saying "more than" mandatory :-\