Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Tigerr said:
friends is there any problem/ delay someone has faced in Visa stamping in islamabad these days
It's not just Islamabad VO but delays are seen across all the Visa Offices. Frustrating !!!!

fsarosh

Aug 9, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Year 2010
Med's Request
28-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-05-2013
Passport Req..
25-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-2013
LANDED..........
22-01-2014

Hi, I have been an old member of this group and residing in Canada for more than 7 months now. I am logging in again after many months. Most of the members are now gone with their visas (i guess and i pray also). I want to share my experiences and want to give some advises to the people who are planning to come here.

1- Bring an authentication letter with the driving license because this is how they will consider your Pakistani experience and waive the long time period required to get a full license. Here in Canada, one can get the license in 3 stages first get a G1 license (that is like a learner's license of Pakistan) 2- G2 is the second stage and finally, after one year of the issuance of G1, you can apply for the "G" or the full license. If your Pakistani experience is considered (which is considered with the authentication letter) then the 2nd stage i.e. the G2 and the one year time period required to apply for the "G" license is waived. In other words, you can pass the written test (G1) and immediately apply for the "G" license. Driving license is very important in Canada because if you have a car, you can travel longer distances for the job otherwise, your opportunities are reduced.

2- Bring enough stock of daily medicines like panadol, cough syrup because in the initial 2 months, a new immigrant does not have the facility of the government free medical and even after that, you have to pay for the medicines which are very expensive.

3- If you have any friends here, ask them to arrange a basement in any house for the living of the first few months because an apartment requires a credit history (and obviously, a new immigrant does not have any credit history). The basement is usually rented out without any formal documentation because it is rented by the owner directly.

4- Start any job (either blue collar or white collar) immediately and don't think that it is not of my profession because here, in Canada everybody ask for the Canadian experience and even if you have an experience in any field in Canada, your next job is easier.

5- In Canada, almost every bank has a bank account package for the new immigrants (that includes the credit card). I advise all of you to apply for the credit card and start using it because this is the thing which makes your credit history and credit history is everything here.

6- Bring as much money as you can and dont expect that you will get the job and there is no need of excess funding. Better remain on the safe side.

7- Avoid coming to Canada in Winters (till march or even start of April) if possible specially if you have kids.

8- The winter clothing from Pakistan will not work here because its not that much warm and also, its rubbish in quality.

If any of you need any type of advise or help, you can contact me any time.

misag

Star Member
Oct 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 April 2010
Doc's Request.
30 June 2010
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
17 Feb 2011
IELTS Request
Included with docs sent in Oct 2010
Med's Request
05/06/2014
Med's Done....
11/06/2014
Passport Req..
15/08/2014
VISA ISSUED...
Pending
LANDED..........
Pending
AMJ said:
It's not just Islamabad VO but delays are seen across all the Visa Offices. Frustrating !!!!
Dear AMJ, Please let us know which Visa office you have submitted your passports and when?

misag

Star Member
Oct 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 April 2010
Doc's Request.
30 June 2010
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
17 Feb 2011
IELTS Request
Included with docs sent in Oct 2010
Med's Request
05/06/2014
Med's Done....
11/06/2014
Passport Req..
15/08/2014
VISA ISSUED...
Pending
LANDED..........
Pending
fsarosh said:

Hi, I have been an old member of this group and residing in Canada for more than 7 months now. I am logging in again after many months. Most of the members are now gone with their visas (i guess and i pray also). I want to share my experiences and want to give some advises to the people who are planning to come here.

1- Bring an authentication letter with the driving license because this is how they will consider your Pakistani experience and waive the long time period required to get a full license. Here in Canada, one can get the license in 3 stages first get a G1 license (that is like a learner's license of Pakistan) 2- G2 is the second stage and finally, after one year of the issuance of G1, you can apply for the "G" or the full license. If your Pakistani experience is considered (which is considered with the authentication letter) then the 2nd stage i.e. the G2 and the one year time period required to apply for the "G" license is waived. In other words, you can pass the written test (G1) and immediately apply for the "G" license. Driving license is very important in Canada because if you have a car, you can travel longer distances for the job otherwise, your opportunities are reduced.

2- Bring enough stock of daily medicines like panadol, cough syrup because in the initial 2 months, a new immigrant does not have the facility of the government free medical and even after that, you have to pay for the medicines which are very expensive.

3- If you have any friends here, ask them to arrange a basement in any house for the living of the first few months because an apartment requires a credit history (and obviously, a new immigrant does not have any credit history). The basement is usually rented out without any formal documentation because it is rented by the owner directly.

4- Start any job (either blue collar or white collar) immediately and don't think that it is not of my profession because here, in Canada everybody ask for the Canadian experience and even if you have an experience in any field in Canada, your next job is easier.

5- In Canada, almost every bank has a bank account package for the new immigrants (that includes the credit card). I advise all of you to apply for the credit card and start using it because this is the thing which makes your credit history and credit history is everything here.

6- Bring as much money as you can and dont expect that you will get the job and there is no need of excess funding. Better remain on the safe side.

7- Avoid coming to Canada in Winters (till march or even start of April) if possible specially if you have kids.

8- The winter clothing from Pakistan will not work here because its not that much warm and also, its rubbish in quality.

Thanks for taking the time to post your experiences and we wish you continued blessings and success in your new life in Canada. Please could you let us know your NOC code and the city in which you are based?

jawwad_ali

Star Member
May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dua Karain INSHALLAH
If you are coming to toronto you can have your Pak driver license attested from Pak consulate in person. And after that you can go for G license directly. But still you need to take a written test.

[/b]
[/quote]

amir82

Jun 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2011
LANDED..........
Oct 2014 Alhamdulilah
Thank u brother ... taking out time in your schedule of life is not an easy task and helping others in knowing the situation is an effort appreciable. Allah bless u ... +1 for u.

fsarosh said:

AMJ

Mar 2, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
misag said:
Dear AMJ, Please let us know which Visa office you have submitted your passports and when?
Thanks. I haven't received any PPR as yet. All documents have been submitted to ADVO.

Julieana

Nov 8, 2011
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Appeal Case.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
PP submitted on 10.11.14
Salam
Medical done on 22nd and Landing fees
also paid...
When should we expect PPR and Visa?

NOC4131

Sep 8, 2012
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June-14-2010
Doc's Request.
Feb-01-2011 (Doc sent dt)
Nomination.....
Updated Forms + Police Certf sent (May-2014)
AOR Received.
October-2010 (Full Doc request dt)
IELTS Request
Alongwith Full Docs (Feb-01-11)
File Transfer...
6-12 month letter (June 2012),18 month letter (May 2013)
Med's Request
Oct-22-2014
Med's Done....
Oct-30-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov-14-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Dec-05-2014
LANDED..........
Inshallah on 5th day of Eid-ul-Fitr 2015
Thanks for your time to share yr experience......Plz advise if we hv less then 1yr Pakistani License duly attested with authentication letter. May we eligible for Canadian "G" License after written test. Plz suggest, the validity period (How Old) of Pakistani License required by Canadian License Office......These rules may apply for Females as well??.......... Plz comment

fsarosh said:

pk2ca

Star Member
Sep 27, 2010
NOC4131 said:
Thanks for your time to share yr experience......Plz advise if we hv less then 1yr Pakistani License duly attested with authentication letter. May we eligible for Canadian "G" License after written test. Plz suggest, the validity period (How Old) of Pakistani License required by Canadian License Office......These rules may apply for Females as well??.......... Plz comment
Different brackets for different years of experience. Link below will answer most of your questions (of course this is for Ontario). Rules are applicable to all adults regardless of gender.

http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/driver/handbook/section1.12.0.shtml

fsarosh

Aug 9, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Year 2010
Med's Request
28-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-05-2013
Passport Req..
25-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-2013
LANDED..........
22-01-2014
NOC4131 said:

First of all, there is no difference in males or females in any thing in Canada so forget about this problem. Now, you can check their requirements on the following website (if you are planning to land in Ontario)

https://www.ontario.ca/driving-and-roads/exchange-foreign-drivers-licence

fsarosh

Aug 9, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Year 2010
Med's Request
28-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-05-2013
Passport Req..
25-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-2013
LANDED..........
22-01-2014
HIZ said:
DEAR ''FSAROSH''
I'VE SENT YOU 'PM'. PLEASE REPLY.
REGARDS,
HIZ
Check my reply.

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
الحمد لله رب العالمين - 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
الحمد لله رب العالمين March 28, 2015.
alie said:
Salam Saeed sb, I applied for CIIP session and they have given date for Dec 9, 2014, whereas we are planning to depart by mid Nov, 2014. Any advice as it has to be pre-departure session. Secondly, how beneficial is IOM pre-departure orientation session. Kindly guide.
Dear Alie

IOM session is informative , if you do not know any one there.

I would advice you to attend one

Stay Blessed

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
الحمد لله رب العالمين - 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
الحمد لله رب العالمين March 28, 2015.
sohaib said:
I had my medical examination on 24th July, and my wife and kid had on 25th Aug.

Today, online status is showing

"Medical Results have been received"

Regards,
Sohaib
Sir

Congratulations

Drop VO email , and request them for further updates / advices in processing of your application
In return they will mail you PPR

Stay Blessed