29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
thecoolguysam said:
Sign with new signature.
Thanks

I called call center. They are saying first i need to change on indian passort in order for them to give new pr card with new name.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
ganapathi said:
Thanks

I called call center. They are saying first i need to change on indian passort in order for them to give new pr card with new name.
When i did name change in 2012, i got my pr card replaced first and then indian passport because bls wanted me to change name on PR card first. Although during that time, I sent my updated drivers licence with new name in order to change the name on pr card. Now a days, the instruction guide does not state the same. Contact BLS if they can change your passport with new name without changing name on pr card first.

ganapathi

Jan 30, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
AOR Received.
29-05-2014
Med's Request
10-02-2015
Med's Done....
04-03-2015
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
When i did name change in 2012, i got my pr card replaced first and then indian passport because bls wanted me to change name on PR card first. Although during that time, I sent my updated drivers licence with new name in order to change the name on pr card. Now a days, the instruction guide does not state the same. Contact BLS if they can change your passport with new name without changing name on pr card first.

Hi
I have question regarding change of name news paper ad to be published in india and canada. I called
BLS and they said both in india and canada the ad should be published in main paper and it should be read
by whole canada and india. But when i talked with news paper agency they said they can publish in local
district edition rather than main paper.Local edition is published for every district in india and canada city with the main paper. So can you please tell me how did you publish your news paper ad.

ca.nishant

Jun 30, 2014
I landed and got my pr card and then got name change and then got PR card and all IDs replaced with new name and then applied citizenship with my new name and had no issues. I can't say what will happen in your case because every case/application is different.

Affidavits can be made here locally by visiting a notary public.
You can either contact online the newspaper agencies in India and pay them online to get your advertisement and ask them to mail you the newspaper or have your relative grab it for you and send it to you.
Else, ask your relative in India to get ads in newspapers and then send you the newspaper ad by mail.
Hi,
Do we need to original newspaper to be submitted to indian embassy in canada ( BLS) for name change or we can just take the printout of online version? Please help.

ganapathi

Jan 30, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
AOR Received.
29-05-2014
Med's Request
10-02-2015
Med's Done....
04-03-2015
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
Hi,
Do we need to original newspaper to be submitted to indian embassy in canada ( BLS) for name change or we can just take the printout of online version? Please help.
original should be present and it have to be 1 month old

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
Hello everyone,

I would like to split my name to first and last name. My name on my passport is G S (whole in first name), so on COPR and firther documents they put it under last name all together.
Now i am applying for citizenship, and i want to get it fixed. Which of the following is better to do:

1). Get it splitted now (legal name change certificate) and apply for citizenship?
In this scenario do i nees to get it changed on PR card and my passport as well?

2). Apply just the way it is and once citizenship is granted, get it changed and apply for Canadian passport with splitted name?
Or in this case i would have to get a new citizenship certificate again with changed name?

Please if someone could share experience/opinion.

Thanks

ganapathi

Jan 30, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
AOR Received.
29-05-2014
Med's Request
10-02-2015
Med's Done....
04-03-2015
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
Hello everyone,

I would like to split my name to first and last name. My name on my passport is G S (whole in first name), so on COPR and firther documents they put it under last name all together.
Now i am applying for citizenship, and i want to get it fixed. Which of the following is better to do:

1). Get it splitted now (legal name change certificate) and apply for citizenship?
In this scenario do i nees to get it changed on PR card and my passport as well?

2). Apply just the way it is and once citizenship is granted, get it changed and apply for Canadian passport with splitted name?
Or in this case i would have to get a new citizenship certificate again with changed name?

Please if someone could share experience/opinion.

Thanks
i am from india and if you belong to india than this will help you.

well i was also in dilemma to change name after or before citizenship. Then i decided to go before citizenship because that way even in India it will be on record.(i have few properties in india and i dont want it to be in my old name)
these are the steps i did

In India--
1.Applied for central Gazette Notification-- prepared document and cost me around 10000rs and submitted in Delhi.The processing time is 3 months.
A notary attested by Indian consulate in canada is required and it took me 1 week.
2.Meanwhile i also did a legal name change in canada while i am on PR.
In canada the process is so easy and it tool less than 1 month for me to change name I live in saskatchewan so i applied for legal name change from ehealth and they issued name change certificate with in 3 weeks and using this i changed name on all the Canadian IDS.
3. In 4 months they published my name change in central gazette which can be downloaded online.
4. After central gazette then i changed 2 governments ids in india like voterid and birth ceritificate as it is required for applying new passport from indian consulate in canada.
5. then i prepared all the documents for passport renewal with change of name. This is the worst part. I appiled with all the necessary documents to indian consulate in vancouver. They did there part with in 2 weeks. But they said they requested a police verification from india and they are waiting for clearances from india. To receive clearance from india it took 7 months . After 7 months it got my indian passport with change of name.

6. then i applied for new PR card as it required indian passport copy. I got it in 3 months.

7. then i applied for canadian citizenship.

Total process took me 14 months to change my name.

i heard that now passport doesn't need a police clearance. If that is true then you can remove 7 months from my time and it will take 7-8 months for entire process.

This is my experience.

let me know if u need any help.

thanks

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
i am from india and if you belong to india than this will help you.

well i was also in dilemma to change name after or before citizenship. Then i decided to go before citizenship because that way even in India it will be on record.(i have few properties in india and i dont want it to be in my old name)
these are the steps i did

In India--
1.Applied for central Gazette Notification-- prepared document and cost me around 10000rs and submitted in Delhi.The processing time is 3 months.
A notary attested by Indian consulate in canada is required and it took me 1 week.
2.Meanwhile i also did a legal name change in canada while i am on PR.
In canada the process is so easy and it tool less than 1 month for me to change name I live in saskatchewan so i applied for legal name change from ehealth and they issued name change certificate with in 3 weeks and using this i changed name on all the Canadian IDS.
3. In 4 months they published my name change in central gazette which can be downloaded online.
4. After central gazette then i changed 2 governments ids in india like voterid and birth ceritificate as it is required for applying new passport from indian consulate in canada.
5. then i prepared all the documents for passport renewal with change of name. This is the worst part. I appiled with all the necessary documents to indian consulate in vancouver. They did there part with in 2 weeks. But they said they requested a police verification from india and they are waiting for clearances from india. To receive clearance from india it took 7 months . After 7 months it got my indian passport with change of name.

6. then i applied for new PR card as it required indian passport copy. I got it in 3 months.

7. then i applied for canadian citizenship.

Total process took me 14 months to change my name.

i heard that now passport doesn't need a police clearance. If that is true then you can remove 7 months from my time and it will take 7-8 months for entire process.

This is my experience.

let me know if u need any help.

thanks
Thank you for the detailed information.
But as my name ia not a name change is just a split, so I would not need to change it in India.

Now I am thinking of applying the citizenship as it is, and get it changed later after i get the passport. Then i’ll apply for legal name change and with that will get it changed on citiz. Certificate and canadian passport.

Thank you for the help