+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Those who Waiting EXPRESS ENTRY in Six Months and not finalized!!!!

Haadiya

Star Member
Jun 7, 2016
Hi All,

I am also in the same boat. AOR 5th Nov 2016. The CIC online account only reflects medical passed for the last one year. There hasn't been any updates nor any correspondence from Visa office asking for any further information since the AOR. Not sure what is going on. This is 13th month now from AOR :( . I am now looking into ordering GCMS notes. Praying we all get the PPR soon before the year ends.

Reactions: OzTraveller

tinaw2009

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
Write to your local visa office or enquire with cpc Ottawa if according to where your file is right now. This has happened to few people before. You will get ppr no need to worry
Thanks for your help! BTW, How could I enquire with cpc Ottawa ? Could I call them or email them ? would you please suggest contact means?

OzTraveller

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Australia
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-16
Doc's Request.
21-09-16
AOR Received.
16-06-16
Med's Done....
18-06-16
Thanks for your help! BTW, How could I enquire with cpc Ottawa ? Could I call them or email them ? would you please suggest contact means?
Sam has already mentioned their email address. When I emailed them, I got the following autoreply. So please just make sure when you email you have the items in bold:

This is an automatic response to acknowledge the receipt of your email.

Due to a high volume of inquiries we are only able to respond to case-specific inquiries and the service standard is 20 working days.

For general information, please visit our website<http://www.cic.gc.ca/>.

IMPORTANT: If you are the applicant or an authorized representative, you must provide us with your application number in the subject line of your email and include in the body of your email the following information:

· Surname and Given name(s);

· Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD);

· Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number / Client ID number;

· Category of Immigration (CEC, Provincial Nominee, Family Class, Federal Skilled Worker, Temporary Resident);

tinaw2009

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
Thanks very much!

Sam has already mentioned their email address. When I emailed them, I got the following autoreply. So please just make sure when you email you have the items in bold:

Due to a high volume of inquiries we are only able to respond to case-specific inquiries and the service standard is 20 working days.

IMPORTANT: If you are the applicant or an authorized representative, you must provide us with your application number in the subject line of your email and include in the body of your email the following information:

· Category of Immigration (CEC, Provincial Nominee, Family Class, Federal Skilled Worker, Temporary Resident);

sam_dawkins

Jul 24, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
04-01-2017 (RCMP Criminal Record Check) Submitted 20-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
25-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2018
LANDED..........
11-01-2018
Congrats, any idea when your IP2 was?
IP2 does not means anything. I never had a IP2. My background check says in progress since the day it passed medical back in November 2016. However, my background check started on Jan 24. So the CIC account's background in progress is not a good indicator what is going on with your application :)

sam_dawkins

Jul 24, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
25-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2018
LANDED..........
11-01-2018

If you email them normally you will get a generic reply like we are doing background check and additional verification.

Ethancc

Nov 24, 2017
IP2 does not means anything. I never had a IP2. My background check says in progress since the day it passed medical back in November 2016. However, my background check started on Jan 24. So the CIC account's background in progress is not a good indicator what is going on with your application :)
Untill you get your PPR, Your background wording was: your application is improgress, we will sent you a message when we start.... Or it was: we are processing.....?

SNS76

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My application is due soon. Receive gcms it said final approved on 24th Oct. . But I still don’t receive PPR. Is anyone at the similar situation ? Anyone knows the reason behind? Thanks for help!
Hi, where the final approved status shows in your GCMS note? Is it in the Notes or in the Activity?

sam_dawkins

Jul 24, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
25-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2018
LANDED..........
11-01-2018
Untill you get your PPR, Your background wording was: your application is improgress, we will sent you a message when we start.... Or it was: we are processing.....?
it has been like this since the day medical was passed. In the middle of the year as far as remember CIC changed wording for the status of application.
"Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made."

sam_dawkins

Jul 24, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
25-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2018
LANDED..........
11-01-2018
Hi All,

I am also in the same boat. AOR 5th Nov 2016. The CIC online account only reflects medical passed for the last one year. There hasn't been any updates nor any correspondence from Visa office asking for any further information since the AOR. Not sure what is going on. This is 13th month now from AOR :( . I am now looking into ordering GCMS notes. Praying we all get the PPR soon before the year ends.
Sorry to hear that. Are you an inland or outland applicant? Your AOR is similar to mine. If you are inland applicant try contacting your constituent's Member of Parliament. They are sometimes helpful finding out the exact status of your application. If you are an outland applicant then unfortunately GCMS note is your only friend.

Haadiya

Star Member
Jun 7, 2016
Sorry to hear that. Are you an inland or outland applicant? Your AOR is similar to mine. If you are inland applicant try contacting your constituent's Member of Parliament. They are sometimes helpful finding out the exact status of your application. If you are an outland applicant then unfortunately GCMS note is your only friend.
Hi Sam,

I am outland applicant. Now sending through request for GCMS and hope to get some positive response .

Lola1984

Feb 1, 2017
Hi,
I need help understanding whats going on with our application. We are AOR March 2nd 2017 and in our GCMS NOTES the last update on the file was on 24th August.
I sent a case specific inquiry asking about this situation plus in our application it says “ we need more documents “ since 5th October but no documents requested.
I received the following reply:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

The situation that you have described is the result of an ongoing technical problem. We are currently looking into it and will resolve it as soon as possible.

We verified the information on file and are pleased to confirm that everything appears to be in order with your application.

While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that we will communicate with you once a decision is taken.

Thank you again for bringing this matter to our attention and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

Anybody know if this is just an auto reply fron CIC or is it good news?
Any help appreciated as we are in the 9 months point now

triwizy

Dec 6, 2016
Inland
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
05-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
17-02-2017
Hi,
I need help understanding whats going on with our application. We are AOR March 2nd 2017 and in our GCMS NOTES the last update on the file was on 24th August.
I sent a case specific inquiry asking about this situation plus in our application it says “ we need more documents “ since 5th October but no documents requested.
I received the following reply:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

The situation that you have described is the result of an ongoing technical problem. We are currently looking into it and will resolve it as soon as possible.

We verified the information on file and are pleased to confirm that everything appears to be in order with your application.

While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that we will communicate with you once a decision is taken.

Thank you again for bringing this matter to our attention and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

Anybody know if this is just an auto reply fron CIC or is it good news?
Any help appreciated as we are in the 9 months point now
It is a auto generate reply because i received the same thing as well

dream2017

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
Hi Everyone,
Just to leave my mark here in this thread. My application (FSO) has reached 7 months A(aor is end of april 2017), and my file and my spouse's file are under SS. God knows when it will be completed. Waiting both impatiently and patiently.