+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Those who Waiting EXPRESS ENTRY in Six Months and not finalized!!!!

sam_dawkins

Jul 24, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
04-01-2017 (RCMP Criminal Record Check) Submitted 20-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
25-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2018
LANDED..........
11-01-2018
Hi,

Can someone who contacted CBSA help me. Its been over a year since my AOR and my BG has been in process since Sept 2016 (security screening).

I decided to contact CSIS and CBSA as they are the 3rd parties responsible for completing my background check.

I contacted CBSa using Access to information act, but they replied the below:

" Please specify the records you are seeking. If you are seeking the status application then CBSA would not be the Agency to contact. We would suggest that you reach out to IRCC in order to get the status. If this is not the info you are seeking then please specify what you are seeking."

What should i reply? Is it okay to ask them the status of the background check, if they have completed it?

Thanks!
frankly speaking it would not help :)
If you are an inland applicant contact your local MP.

hie

Feb 28, 2017
Buddy, don't you read the previous statements? We all are waiting 6 months or more here in this group. I am in my 9th month! Others are waiting 8 or even 12 months. I wished I could help more, but the only thing we can do is waiting. Best wishes.
Thanks
Buddy, don't you read the previous statements? We all are waiting 6 months or more here in this group. I am in my 9th month! Others are waiting 8 or even 12 months. I wished I could help more, but the only thing we can do is waiting. Best wishes.
I think its just bcoz of PNP...PNP Express entry takes a long time..... My all friends who applied LMIA Express entry got in 3-4 months.. :(

Sana555

Jun 23, 2017
Hi
I got a request letter from CIC about submitting the explanation and proof of my employer reference letter and diploma similarity with other clients.
What is the explanation, although these are original even.
Please help me in this
Thanks

Matt-NL

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
Landed as a PR 13 December 2017 (In Canada since 2015)
Hi guys.
I've some news that might be useful for some of you:
I had contacted the provincial government last week and my case officer promised me to discuss my file (regarding the delay) with his director. Today I received an email from my case officer, saying that his director already contacted IRCC and some other institutions involved with my file. The director found out that there is a general security-check delay rather than MY FILE being flagged, caused by CBSA overwhelmed office. Right now CBSA is processing applicants at 10th and 11th month (which means August and September 2016 AORs).
After this email I feel a bit better. Since I am at the 9th month (AOR 12 October) I will not be expecting PPR before September.
Although I know this information was given to me based on my file, I believe it can be useful also for other files waiting longer than 6 months (that is to say for most you guys).
Best of luck!

msf02

Apr 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Matt,

This actually makes sense. I'm a July 2016 AOR, and got my CBSA security screening completed around April 2017 (couple of months ago.) Sadly, at that time, my medicals were about to expire in a few weeks, so I was asked to redo them. I redid them a month ago, and although they were passed, no PPR yet. I called IRCC a couple of weeks ago, and they said everything looks good, our file is just in queue for a final review by a visa officer, and issuing or PPR. Thanks for sharing the info :)

Cheers.
MF

munika

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 07, 2015
Hi Guys,

Just to let you know I still have no updates on our file. In August it will be 24 months. Security background check in progress. MP inquired about our case couple of time so far and couldn't do much since it's security. Our wp are expiring shortly and I'm afraid our life in Canada has come to an end. If the application hasn't been completed in 24 months not sure when it will be. It all makes me feel very disappointed and sad of course. After 4 years in Canada where we found new life and stability provided by our own hands... It is hard not to take it personal after so many years. I understand how PR is privilege not given human right. To go back home and live like a worm with no possibility to live decent life is a heart wrecking, especially since we have a child who will have to grow up in a country that was torn by war, where corruption is acceptable, where your education and effort aren't being recognized and appreciated.
In Canada I realized there is a way to succeed with just having a full time job that is being paid to you. Realized that there is a chance.
I don't really feel that sad about me, but our child that will have to live what I've lived through is tearing me apart.
We expected so much and were hoping so deeply and were patient for so long. For nothing. To know this is our last summer in Canada and we're losing so much.
You know, for so many years I've been moving from being very poor when I was a child, to another country, to see everyone around me have their home and families. It was hard not having your home country. I was hoping Canada would become substitute one for my family so my child never feel that lost but we didn't succeed. Being born under wrong Star...
I wish you all to be blessed by whatever you believe in and to have more luck in Canada than we did.
This topic has gave me lots of hope and I hope that we're an exemption of hope unfulfilled.

Live long and prosper.
Peace,

Wasiasmet

Star Member
Apr 11, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2016
Doc's Request.
02-09-2016
Nomination.....
26-05-2016
AOR Received.
01-09-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Praying
Hi guys.
I had contacted the provincial government last week and my case officer promised me to discuss my file (regarding the delay) with his director. Today I received an email from my case officer, saying that his director already contacted IRCC and some other institutions involved with my file. The director found out that there is a general security-check delay rather than MY FILE being flagged, caused by CBSA overwhelmed office. Right now CBSA is processing applicants at 10th and 11th month (which means August and September 2016 AORs).
After this email I feel a bit better. Since I am at the 9th month (AOR 12 October) I will not be expecting PPR before September.
Although I know this information was given to me based on my file, I believe it can be useful also for other files waiting longer than 6 months (that is to say for most you guys).
Best of luck!
Thanks for sharing this. My AOR is September first, should i be expecting ppr soon??? My medical is expiring next months, i really hope i wont have to redo it

Maroo

Apr 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for sharing this. My AOR is September first, should i be expecting ppr soon??? My medical is expiring next months, i really hope i wont have to redo it
I think they extend the medical as long as there were no concerns in it.
Our medical was going to expire next month, and i just received GCMS notes, i found that they automatically extended it from 2 month ago till April 2018

adtocanada

Star Member
Jul 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys.
Best of luck!
Hi Matt,

Thanks for the info! My background has started in Sept so maybe ppr soon for me! This was helpful

adtocanada

Star Member
Jul 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
H
Hi Matt,

This actually makes sense. I'm a July 2016 AOR, and got my CBSA security screening completed around April 2017 (couple of months ago.) Sadly, at that time, my medicals were about to expire in a few weeks, so I was asked to redo them. I redid them a month ago, and although they were passed, no PPR yet. I called IRCC a couple of weeks ago, and they said everything looks good, our file is just in queue for a final review by a visa officer, and issuing or PPR. Thanks for sharing the info :)

Cheers.
MF
Hi MF,

Can you please let me know how you knw that CBSA completed ur security check in Apr? Is it from your GCMS notes? Or did u contact CBSA?
Thanks

sam_dawkins

Jul 24, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
04-01-2017 (RCMP Criminal Record Check) Submitted 20-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
25-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2018
LANDED..........
11-01-2018
Hi guys.
Best of luck!
Thanks for you info Matt.

adtocanada

Star Member
Jul 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

Just to let you know I still have no updates on our file. In August it will be 24 months. Security background check in progress. MP inquired about our case couple of time so far and couldn't do much since it's security. Our wp are expiring shortly and I'm afraid our life in Canada has come to an end. If the application hasn't been completed in 24 months not sure when it will be. It all makes me feel very disappointed and sad of course. After 4 years in Canada where we found new life and stability provided by our own hands... It is hard not to take it personal after so many years. I understand how PR is privilege not given human right. To go back home and live like a worm with no possibility to live decent life is a heart wrecking, especially since we have a child who will have to grow up in a country that was torn by war, where corruption is acceptable, where your education and effort aren't being recognized and appreciated.
In Canada I realized there is a way to succeed with just having a full time job that is being paid to you. Realized that there is a chance.
I don't really feel that sad about me, but our child that will have to live what I've lived through is tearing me apart.
We expected so much and were hoping so deeply and were patient for so long. For nothing. To know this is our last summer in Canada and we're losing so much.
You know, for so many years I've been moving from being very poor when I was a child, to another country, to see everyone around me have their home and families. It was hard not having your home country. I was hoping Canada would become substitute one for my family so my child never feel that lost but we didn't succeed. Being born under wrong Star...
I wish you all to be blessed by whatever you believe in and to have more luck in Canada than we did.
This topic has gave me lots of hope and I hope that we're an exemption of hope unfulfilled.

Live long and prosper.
Peace,
Im so sorry to hear that.. did u think of filing a writ of Mandamus to push ur application? I dont knw much about it but ive heard about in this forum..

Miadreamtoronto

May 6, 2017
Hi Guys,

Live long and prosper.
Peace,

I really think you shouldnt give up, if you are in canada why dont you visit the immigration office take your documents and explain your situation.
You can also try discussing your case with a lawyer like campbell cohen even if you cant hire him just a one time consultation might give you some help.

NIUBIFUFU

Star Member
Apr 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys.
Best of luck!
Some senior applicants told me the same thing. We are actually lining up and waiting for CBSA to do security check.

Blanka

Star Member
Sep 10, 2014
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-06-2016
Hi Matt,

Cheers.
MF
Hi guys.
Best of luck!
Thanks for sharing Matt.
I wonder where has my file got stuck, I am June 27 AOR, but my security is still ongoing. Every time I call agent tells me we're waiting for security to finish. It's been 9 months since my security started. Life is on hold, I've lost all my hope it will be over. Like neverending story. Like watching the trains with PR passing me by and I can not get on because somebody is holding my ticket. I'm sick of all of this immigration