+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Those who Waiting EXPRESS ENTRY in Six Months and not finalized!!!!

Blanka

Star Member
Sep 10, 2014
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-06-2016
Today is exactly 12 months since my AOR. 12 months I haven't heared a single word or request from IRCC. I received AOR and since then not a single word. If I haven't ordered GCMS notes, I would have think that they lost my file.
9 months since security started.
12 months of life lost and wasted.
When I applied, 6 months processing time looked like a lifetime, never thought it would take that long and now I am stuck in space with no light at the end of this tunnel.
Hope rest of you will be better luck!

Last edited:

Jemin

Mar 19, 2017
Hey someone please guide me on what is happening to my application:
1. I got my ITA on 5th April 2017 and uploaded my file on 15th May. Did my medicals on 29th April, they asked for a chest xray to be done again maybe coz i was a smoker...did that on 22nd May. No update on medicals yet since then.
2. Today i got a request letter for my period in Australia from July 2002 to August 2003. I This was the period i was studying there and have uploaded my educational documents for the same in my initial application. Why would they need that again? Would the VO have overlooked it? Also is it a sign that things are in motion?
3. How do you guys know about your application status such as screening or name of VO, etc?

conroex3800

Nov 9, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07 Jan 2017
Today is exactly 12 months since my AOR. 12 months I haven't heared a single word or request from IRCC. I received AOR and since then not a single word. If I haven't ordered GCMS notes, I would have think that they lost my file.
9 months since security started.
12 months of life lost and wasted.
When I applied, 6 months processing time looked like a lifetime, never thought it would take that long and now I am stuck in space with no light at the end of this tunnel.
Hope rest of you will be better luck!
Have you tried to fax CSIS regarding the status of your security screening?

conroex3800

Nov 9, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07 Jan 2017
Yes, actually still waiting on their response.
I've heard there were cases CIC missed response from CSIS. And after getting their reply and raising CSE with it's scan people were getting PPRs shortly.

andremarques19751

Aug 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
BC Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
19-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-09-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
21-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront

shah1989

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
I am FSW outland from Pakistan. It has been six and half months since AOR on Dec 2 2016. I emailed CPC Ottawa (currently local visa office processing my file) after completing six months and they replied the following:

"Your file is currently under review and requires additional verification. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times.

Unfortunately at this time we are not able to determine when your application will be finalized, but our office will contact you as soon as all verifications are completed, or if any additional information or documents are required.

We appreciate your patience and ask that you keep correspondence with our office to a minimum. In order to process requests efficiently, we will not be responding to duplicate requests."

As per the CIC call agents, my Eligibility and Criminality checks has been passed and security is currently under process. For my spouse even the security check has been completed. Only my security is pending now. My CIC online account is showing IP stage 2 since Mar 17.

Based on this forum post and above email, I feel my file has been chosen for security screening. I have ordered GCMS notes yesterday to ascertain whether that's being the case or not. Even though I dont have much travel history except one year in the US for masters and then visit to UAE for some vacations.

Eager to know if my file is really in security screening? if yes then how long can it take?

Maroo

Apr 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am FSW outland from Pakistan. It has been six and half months since AOR on Dec 2 2016. I emailed CPC Ottawa (currently local visa office processing my file) after completing six months and they replied the following:

"Your file is currently under review and requires additional verification. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times.

Unfortunately at this time we are not able to determine when your application will be finalized, but our office will contact you as soon as all verifications are completed, or if any additional information or documents are required.

We appreciate your patience and ask that you keep correspondence with our office to a minimum. In order to process requests efficiently, we will not be responding to duplicate requests."

As per the CIC call agents, my Eligibility and Criminality checks has been passed and security is currently under process. For my spouse even the security check has been completed. Only my security is pending now. My CIC online account is showing IP stage 2 since Mar 17.

Based on this forum post and above email, I feel my file has been chosen for security screening. I have ordered GCMS notes yesterday to ascertain whether that's being the case or not. Even though I dont have much travel history except one year in the US for masters and then visit to UAE for some vacations.

Eager to know if my file is really in security screening? if yes then how long can it take?
You will be able to Know if you have security screening from GCMS notes'
You can be selected for Security screening for staying in US, visiting Arab countries, working in a governmental positions, and also random selection.
I think security screening duration varies, however mine took 10 month since it started.

Maroo

Apr 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys we called CIC, and the agent told us congratulations, your application is approved, and it is only matter of time to send the PPR email.
We had security screening for the past 10 month, and it is almost a year now since AOR
Is there an option that he is mistaken, and he provided wrong info.

shah1989

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
You will be able to Know if you have security screening from GCMS notes'
You can be selected for Security screening for staying in US, visiting Arab countries, working in a governmental positions, and also random selection.
I think security screening duration varies, however mine took 10 month since it started.
should I raise CSE despite the email above from CPC Ottawa?

Maroo

Apr 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
should I raise CSE despite the email above from CPC Ottawa?
i would say, wait till you receive the GCMS notes to confirm that there is no issue in your file,
if you find any mistake or issue, then raise a CSE
if it is just security taking time, then CSE will not help you, as they will reply with a template exactly like the one you have received from Ottawa.

msf02

Apr 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys we called CIC, and the agent told us congratulations, your application is approved, and it is only matter of time to send the PPR email.
We had security screening for the past 10 month, and it is almost a year now since AOR
Is there an option that he is mistaken, and he provided wrong info.
Hi Maro - we did the same, and received the same response, but that was almost 3 weeks ago, and we have not heard back yet. The agent said it could take up to two months to receive the PPR from them unfortunately... I'm pretty sure this is further delayed by the Eid vacation here in the GCC (most businesses and diplomatic missions are closed for the entire week.)