+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Those who Waiting EXPRESS ENTRY in Six Months and not finalized!!!!

messiry

Sep 8, 2015
Thanks, CIC informed me that my security check has been in progress since mid-august, is that considered a delay ? do you have any phone number that i can check with concerning my background check ?

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
messiry said:
Thanks, CIC informed me that my security check has been in progress since mid-august, is that considered a delay ? do you have any phone number that i can check with concerning my background check ?
What's your AOR date? You can go back a few pages to find the details about how to contact each of these agencies to inquire about your file status.

messiry

Sep 8, 2015
Que Em said:
What's your AOR date? You can go back a few pages to find the details about how to contact each of these agencies to inquire about your file status.
Thanks, my AOR is May 10th, PNP-Outland. I checked the previous pages. it seems you can only inquire about your case if you live in Canada. Any suggestions ?

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
messiry said:
Thanks, my AOR is May 10th, PNP-Outland. I checked the previous pages. it seems you can only inquire about your case if you live in Canada. Any suggestions ?
No, you can do it from outside Canada, as well.

Here are the links. Read and find a friend, family member, or anyone inside Canada willing to act on your behalf to request these reports for you. Alternatively, you can find an online service provider for a fee, just like the GCMS notes requests.

CSIS:
https://www.csis-scrs.gc.ca/scrtscrnng/index-en.php#bm02

CBSA:
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/req-dem-info-eng.html

messiry

Sep 8, 2015
Que Em said:
No, you can do it from outside Canada, as well.

Here are the links. Read and find a friend, family member, or anyone inside Canada willing to act on your behalf to request these reports for you. Alternatively, you can find an online service provider for a fee, just like the GCMS notes requests.

CSIS:
https://www.csis-scrs.gc.ca/scrtscrnng/index-en.php#bm02

CBSA:
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/req-dem-info-eng.html
+1 ,I really appreciate your help :)

Z.K.

Feb 20, 2017
Hello Que Em

Do you know if contact any of these will be of any value in getting information about the application? Also i see from your status that its been 16 months for you now. Is there a way to know if they are going to accept it or not, how long it is going to take or what is holding it?

My application has been submitted on Mar, 3, 2016 and the only update i got was last Aug asking for some documents. Is there a way to know ?

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
Z.K. said:
Hello Que Em

Do you know if contact any of these will be of any value in getting information about the application? Also i see from your status that its been 16 months for you now. Is there a way to know if they are going to accept it or not, how long it is going to take or what is holding it?

My application has been submitted on Mar, 3, 2016 and the only update i got was last Aug asking for some documents. Is there a way to know ?
Hi,

Yes, contacting these agencies will help you find out the status of your immigration security screening and also, you would be able to figure out where exactly your file is stuck. At this stage, all IRCC / local visa offices will tell you is that your background checks are in progress and they can't do anything about your file unless this step is completed.

For me, it has been more than 16 months. Everything is passed/met as per GCMS notes. Security is blank, and IRCC says my background checks are still in progress. It took less than a month for CSIS to deal with my immigration security screening, and it's been almost a year since CSIS was done with my case.
Next, CBSA - I am awaiting a response.

Have you requested GCMS notes? What does your local visa office say is the reason for the delay?
If answer is the same, i.e., the background checks, then delay is probably from one of the security agencies (CSIS, RCMP, CBSA).

eqrkim

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
EE BC Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Aug 17
IELTS Request
Sep 01
Med's Done....
Sept 01 (Med Pass)
Que Em said:
Hi,

Yes, contacting these agencies will help you find out the status of your immigration security screening and also, you would be able to figure out where exactly your file is stuck. At this stage, all IRCC / local visa offices will tell you is that your background checks are in progress and they can't do anything about your file unless this step is completed.

For me, it has been more than 16 months. Everything is passed/met as per GCMS notes. Security is blank, and IRCC says my background checks are still in progress. It took less than a month for CSIS to deal with my immigration security screening, and it's been almost a year since CSIS was done with my case.
Next, CBSA - I am awaiting a response.

Have you requested GCMS notes? What does your local visa office say is the reason for the delay?
If answer is the same, i.e., the background checks, then delay is probably from one of the security agencies (CSIS, RCMP, CBSA).
That is where I am right now.. Everything passed/met except the security; it is blank.
CIC call center told me they are doing a security check.. Thus, I raised a CSE yesterday to figure out why there is a delay.

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
eqrkim said:
That is where I am right now.. Everything passed/met except the security; it is blank.
CIC call center told me they are doing a security check.. Thus, I raised a CSE yesterday to figure out why there is a delay.
It has been more than a year for me, in this situation.

From your signature, I can see a military form request. I think, that's the main cause of the delay; applicants with military/government jobs are facing delays, usually, around a year for the background checks, at least. Or, that's what I have observed in this forum. Most of the delayed cases have a PA/dependent with military/government employment history.

I worked at a Military hospital as a civilian, and maybe, that's why they are taking so long for my background checks. :/

A CSE won't help you. IRCC/visa office will keep sending standard responses about the background checks being in progress.

_modernnomad_

Star Member
Feb 12, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
Med's Done....
06-05-2016
Passport Req..
10-04-2017
I applied in May 2016 (CEC Inland), so it's over 9 months waiting for me...

Call centre says my case is with CSIS and I should wait. It's been under security check since October, for over 4 months and I seriously don't understand why it takes so long.

Any suggestions, guys?

msf02

Apr 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My security check has been running since September 23rd as well. I guess there's nothing to do but wait. Que Em: How long ago did you request ATIP notes from CBSA? Seems like it was a long while ago!

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
msf02 said:
My security check has been running since September 23rd as well. I guess there's nothing to do but wait. Que Em: How long ago did you request ATIP notes from CBSA? Seems like it was a long while ago!
It was submitted this January. I had to find an online service provider, finally, as my relative in Canada told me to be more patient. ;)

msf02

Apr 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ahh.. so sorry to hear that. Well, best of luck to all of us, and please let us know once you hear anything :)

Regards,

chillito

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
_modernnomad_ said:
I applied in May 2016 (CEC Inland), so it's over 9 months waiting for me...

Call centre says my case is with CSIS and I should wait. It's been under security check since October, for over 4 months and I seriously don't understand why it takes so long.

Any suggestions, guys?
There is a good chance they haven't even sent the inquiry to CSIS yet. Happened to me, in the end of 8 months i requested my status from CSIS and they said they never even heard of me. So you might want to check up with CSIS directly. In any case you won't be able to do anything but wait.

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
Has anyone in this group is requested to redo medical of your dependents?I was requested on 10 February and they have done their medical on 12 February and the panal doctor has submitted their reports to IRCC on 13 February and my medical status in my cic account went to passed after 3 days,it was review in progress before.Is this the last stage guys,
Thanks in advance,
Rabin