+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Those who Waiting EXPRESS ENTRY in Six Months and not finalized!!!!

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
hemantanna555 said:
Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately the expedited services are not available in Ottawa for India Passport renewal. The only option for me I guess is to apply for work permit. Since I don't want to be in a situation that I delay applying for work permit and I dont get it in time thereby causing a gap between two work permits. This can also result in a time when I have no SIN CARD or even health card.

But this leads to another important question.

Since my passport is set to expire in March 2018. And if I go ahead and apply for my WP and TRV, they will give me an extension till MArch 2018.
Now I won't wait till the end of 2017 to apply for my renewal passport. I will probably do it by June. So is my WP and TRV still valid on the old passport while I still hold a new passport?
Second every thing that Que Em said +1.

It doesn't matter if you don't have expedited service. Just apply for passport renewal now. Most embassies consider this situation and do issue passports with longer time frame left in expiry.

You just have to apply with at least a month or so left in the expiry of your current WP (to be on the safe side). That gives you enough time to renew your passport now and then apply for BOWP.

It is true that you might face difficulty in getting health card / SIN while being on implied status. But still its Mar 20th. You will at max take a few weeks to get a new passport. Then you have until June.

If you still insist and apply with current passport, CIC will not issue visa / work permit beyond its validity so Mar 2018 will be its expiry.

Lastly, your WP is valid till its expiry. That is independent of passport (even if you renew). Your visa / TRV (which is embossed on passport) would be in grey area if you renew passport now.

It is certainly valid in case of other countries (example a US visa is valid even if passport is expired as long as you have a new passport along).

But Canada is more specific about this, so i won't take a chance on that.

However, TRV is only relevant if you are entering Canada using that. If i were in your shoes, i would just not go out of Canada during that time frame so i would never need TRV from expired passport (because of a passport renewal) to enter Canada.

A valid WP is sufficient to stay in Canada.

Ezgi84

Feb 9, 2017
Istanbul
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-03-2017
fkl said:
While i don't disagree with all that mentioned above, the only point i am making is that CIC is not likely to delay specifically muslim applicants because of above.

I am a practicing muslim with a big beard (if that helps), came here on a specialized skill work permit, and i think i got my PR in 3.5 months via CEC. Yes that is not recent, but i know of others who have had recent cases.

Several other muslim friends and colleagues got their PRs in the last few months as well.

On more recent discussions, i go to US often. My wife went to US and came back after Trump's order (even when she went to another major muslim country UAE/Pakistan from US), came back and then came to Canada and thankfully had no issues.

The entire point here is that CIC is not likely to significantly change their process because of recent events. When they delay things it can be for a whole lot of reasons, most of which would be individual to the applicant.

That being said, some of the record holders here (among the longest processing times), are white, non muslims from first world countries.

If anything, Canada is arguably the least racist country.

Good luck with your application. I hope it gets through soon and you hopefully would feel better once there.
+1 for this ....

DelhiGuy427

Mar 16, 2017
I am at 433 and waiting for ITA.

But CIC gave me extra points for canadian work experience. I would be completing my two years in April 23rd . I still don't know should I accept or reject the ITA (if I get it)? :'(

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
DelhiGuy427 said:

But CIC gave me extra points for canadian work experience. I would be completing my two years in April 23rd . I still don't know should I accept or reject the ITA (if I get it)? :'(
Not sure what you are trying to say here, Canadian work experience does get you extra points. So what's wrong with accepting the ITA once you get it?

DelhiGuy427

Mar 16, 2017
fkl said:
Not sure what you are trying to say here, Canadian work experience does get you extra points. So what's wrong with accepting the ITA once you get it?
I would be completing two years in April 23rd but cic has given me advance points. If i accept the ITA , am I not misrepresenting? will they decline my ITA since I was not eligible for the score on the day I recieve the ITA?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
DelhiGuy427 said:
I would be completing two years in April 23rd but cic has given me advance points. If i accept the ITA , am I not misrepresenting? will they decline my ITA since I was not eligible for the score on the day I recieve the ITA?
Unless you manually put "2 years some where", you are not misrepresenting. If you just put a start date and the system gave you points for 2 years (how would you be even sure of that), then you are just fine.

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
DelhiGuy427 said:

Ideally you have to show the points at the time of ITA, even though its not at your discretion you may want to wait before submitting that application. You will get 90 days window anyways.

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
DelhiGuy427 said:

That is a flaw with CIC where they ask only month and not day. Do not accept invite. Or if you do, wait till after April 23 to submit application.

I would still advise to reject any ITAs till you properly finish 2 full years before ITA even

DelhiGuy427

Mar 16, 2017
lifein360 said:
That is a flaw with CIC where they ask only month and not day. Do not accept invite. Or if you do, wait till after April 23 to submit application.

I would still advise to reject any ITAs till you properly finish 2 full years before ITA even
Would waiting till April 23 solve the problem? I am ok to submit after May 30 as we have a 90 days period.

Neo_says

Feb 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
6th Feb 2016
Hi team,

Question : Work experience from 6th July 2015 to 30th June 2016. Will consider 1 year for FSW or not.
Please advise.

hemantanna555

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
mohammed.xyzt said:
Hello, ladies and gentlemen.
If the processing of your application is taking more than 12 months and not finalized, could you please share the code of the officer your file is assigned to? You can find this info in the 2nd page of the GCMS notes.
Mine is ES9673.
Thank you.
How is this going to help us? What is the point of sharing the officer's code

ahmed29s

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hemantanna555 said:
How is this going to help us? What is the point of sharing the officer's code
I guess Mohammed wants to see whether that person is still alive or not ;D

ks164

Dec 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hemantanna555 said:
Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately the expedited services are not available in Ottawa for India Passport renewal. The only option for me I guess is to apply for work permit. Since I don't want to be in a situation that I delay applying for work permit and I dont get it in time thereby causing a gap between two work permits. This can also result in a time when I have no SIN CARD or even health card.

But this leads to another important question.

Since my passport is set to expire in March 2018. And if I go ahead and apply for my WP and TRV, they will give me an extension till MArch 2018.
Now I won't wait till the end of 2017 to apply for my renewal passport. I will probably do it by June. So is my WP and TRV still valid on the old passport while I still hold a new passport?
Was stuck in the same situation as yours ( with more than 11 months after AOR) while transitioning from study permit to PGWP and 5 month passport validity left.
We just got our passport renewed in Toronto. Unlike earlier, you can apply more than 6 months in advance and they would consider your application, since it limits your permit validity.

I would suggest to get your passport renewed ASAP . It took 2 months for the passport renewal since ( god knows how) they wanted to the police verification on the passport again and said the old police verification ( in India) was not recorded . The passport has been in use for 10 years..
The passport officer would a nice fellow and understood thats its not our fault and helped. Kudos to MEA, but it still took us 2 months. A friend who applied on the same day, without any complication got it after 1.5.

Long story short. Dont wait..you wont know what might happen.

guru12345

Mar 17, 2016
HELLOW PEOPLES I NEED URGENT HELP

IAM TRYING TO APPLY BOWP DUE TO MY CURRENT WORK PERMIT NOW EXPIRE 4 MONTH SINCE NOW MY QUESTION IN BELOW

I HAVE MY EXPRESS ENTRY PR AOR WHEN I PUT MY APPLICATION THIS CAME OUT RIGHT AWAY AFTER MY EAPPLICATION RECEIVED BY IRCC BY ONLINE WITH IN MINUTS SO DO I NEED SECOND AOR SAYING THAT '' R10 PASSED'' FOR APPLY BOWP ? OR IF I DONT RECEIVE MY SECOND AOR DO I CAN USE MY FIRST AOR ENOUGH TO APPLY BOWP ? IAM JANUARY 2016 APPLICANT SINCE MY FIRST AOR 14 MONTH AND 3 WEEK MY APPLICATION IN PROGRESS SECURITTY IS WAITING ,, MY GCMS NOTE SAYING THAT R10 IS OK

guru12345

Mar 17, 2016
guru12345 said:
HELLOW PEOPLES I NEED URGENT HELP

IAM TRYING TO APPLY BOWP DUE TO MY CURRENT WORK PERMIT NOW EXPIRE 4 MONTH SINCE NOW MY QUESTION IN BELOW

I HAVE MY EXPRESS ENTRY PR AOR WHEN I PUT MY APPLICATION THIS CAME OUT RIGHT AWAY AFTER MY EAPPLICATION RECEIVED BY IRCC BY ONLINE WITH IN MINUTS SO DO I NEED SECOND AOR SAYING THAT '' R10 PASSED'' FOR APPLY BOWP ? OR IF I DONT RECEIVE MY SECOND AOR DO I CAN USE MY FIRST AOR ENOUGH TO APPLY BOWP ? IAM JANUARY 2016 APPLICANT SINCE MY FIRST AOR 14 MONTH AND 3 WEEK MY APPLICATION IN PROGRESS SECURITTY IS WAITING ,, MY GCMS NOTE SAYING THAT R10 IS OK I DONT RECEIVE ANY SECOND AOR SAYING THAT R10 PASSED DO I NEED THIS TO APPLY BOWP ? PLEASE GUYS ANSWER SOME ONE WITH GOOD EXPERIANCE WITH THIS