+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Those who Waiting EXPRESS ENTRY in Six Months and not finalized!!!!

Sirgic

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Another thing to mention, before EE average waiting time was 2 years and may reach 3 in some cases. What I mean is that waiting 4 years is very long compared to EE but not as long as we think compared to the old system.

I think we should order gcms notes in regular bases (monthly).

Cowkiki

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Sirgic said:
This makes me speechless! We should develop a strategy at least to understand what is going on. I am expecting my notes next week (after 11 months of waiting).

May I ask you Cowkiki about your AOR and VO?
My AOR is Jan 29, I am from Hong Kong but somehow my VO is Ottawa.

Yes you are right the standard processing time for the previous FSW is longer than EE. As provided by the guy in the post, the Federal Court considers the case based on the following:

(1) the delay in question was longer than the nature of the process required, prima facie;

(2) the applicant and his or her legal counsel were not responsible for the delay;

(3) the authority responsible for the delay did not provide satisfactory justification.

for (1), from the case laws the "unreasonable" time is 3-5 years (applied to those previous FSWs whose standard processing time was more than 2 years). I am not sure how long is "unreasonable" for EE since there has not been any case law. But from my own opinion, those whose background check (not AOR) have been taking for more than a year worth a try.

I remember a member whose background check got "cancelled" after 9 months and his whole case has crossed like 15 months or so. Obviously there was some problem with the CIC's bureaucratic side.

Sirgic

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cowkiki said:
My AOR is Jan 29, I am from Hong Kong but somehow my VO is Ottawa.

Yes you are right the standard processing time for the previous FSW is longer than EE. As provided by the guy in the post, the Federal Court considers the case based on the following:

(1) the delay in question was longer than the nature of the process required, prima facie;

(2) the applicant and his or her legal counsel were not responsible for the delay;

(3) the authority responsible for the delay did not provide satisfactory justification.

for (1), from the case laws the "unreasonable" time is 3-5 years (applied to those previous FSWs whose standard processing time was more than 2 years). I am not sure how long is "unreasonable" for EE since there has not been any case law. But from my own opinion, those whose background check (not AOR) have been taking for more than a year worth a try.

I remember a member whose background check got "cancelled" after 9 months and his whole case has crossed like 15 months or so. Obviously there was some problem with the CIC's bureaucratic side.
WAW, I was thinking that the chances for being rejected after 10 months (AOR) are almost zero . There are VO who are historically known for delays such as ADVO (Average processing time is 7 months) <<<<giving hope for myself

Cowkiki

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Sirgic said:
WAW, I was thinking that the chances for being rejected after 10 months (AOR) are almost zero . There are VO who are historically known for delays such as ADVO (Average processing time is 7 months) <<<<giving hope for myself
He/she has not got "rejected" though, just waiting and waiting and waiting. Actually I think he/she is in this thread. I hope he/she will update us with good news!

Sirgic

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cowkiki said:
He/she has not got "rejected" though, just waiting and waiting and waiting. Actually I think he/she is in this thread. I hope he/she will update us with good news!
Thanks God. I hope he/she gets his/her ppr as soon as possible.

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
Cowkiki said:
@Sirgic, I have the exact same thought as you. Have been stuck in the security check for months. I googled about long security check today and was surprised (and horrified) to find this guy’s very unfortunate experience: stuck in security check for four YEARS only to find that it was due to the CIC’s bureaucratic malfunction.

https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1191&PN=1&title=delayed-background-check-csis-mandamus

TL;DR: this guy’s security check took four years until he finally sued CIC because there was a misunderstanding between CSIS and CIC, he knew it after ordering numerous GCMS notes.

“In our case, it seems that CSIS had sent some sort of reply to CIC a bit after BC started, but CIC didn't see that reply. So CIC kept waiting for 2 years without trying to ping CSIS and see what was going on (despite my numerous requests)!!! When they finally pinged CSIS again, CSIS asked CIC to request them to start a new BC and hinted that this time CIC can ask them to mark it as an urgent case. But even after one more year, that second BC was not finished. This is all I know.”

Guys, given that you are just a normal human-being with a clean background, it is NOT normal to have your security screening stuck for several months! And obviously from the post, for some cases, just “waiting patiently” will NOT lead to any good result.

Also, the guy in the post listed every step he took to fight for himself in which the last step was taking the case to federal court based on a concept called "writ of mandamus". He did a thorough research on all the court cases relating to this concept (he is really a brave and strong soul).

“So my lawyer filed a claim on my behalf based on the fact that I had been waiting for my immigration for a bit more than 4 years and the fact that I had never been involved in any "bad stuff". My lawyer told me that in most of the cases, the moment you sue immigration, the wheels start to move and CIC tries to finalize your file before they have to appear in court. So most likely, you'll get your immigration before the court date. And that was exactly what happened to me. When you file for mandamus, it may take around 3 months for the court to accept to take your case and set a court date and the court date may be within 3-4 months of that time (so your court date may be 6-7 months after you file your claim).

In my case, right after I filed my claim, immigration contacted me and asked for my updated address. Then, they started to ask for some documents, etc (including renewing my medicals). After the court date was set, they seemed to double the speed! Long story short, I got my immigration visa shortly after the court date was set (i.e., a few months before the court date).”

My heart is still sinking when I am typing this post. This thread has been a “Chicken Soup for the Soul” for us who have crossed six months. But I do suggest we can also do our own research on the long security check (since everyone has his/her unique googling/researching skills and different sources of information), share our findings/information/experience here, exchange our ideas and then, maybe make some strategies for this problem?

Let me know your thought :)
I found this earlier this year when I was doing some research on the security screening and it scared everything out of me. The thing is, due to the expected long processing at that time, this guy didn't even look into it until his fourth year of waiting.
These days we are very proactive in pushing IRCC to give us answers since they promised 6-month processing. So I don't think (i hope!) something like this would happen to any of us.

But as someone mentioned in another reply, mokachino, i believe, has been waiting for a very long time for the security check to be completed. It's just bad luck, and all we can do is hope we won't be stuck like that.

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
On another note, as I mentioned earlier, we redid our medicals and submitted the forms, and medicals were passed the other day. Today I received a message to submit my military/government employment history, which I have already done. Seems like some movement on my application. It will be 11 months in 4 days.

Sirgic

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Updated for Cowkiki! Welcome :D

Name AOR Date Category Visa Office (if known)
mokachino 06 May 2015 FSW - Inland CPC-Ottawa
rigel 02 Aug 2015 FSW - Outland New Delhi
Sharma1990 12 Aug 2015 CEC - Intland CPC-Ottawa
taekwondo 26 Aug 2015 FSW - Outland New Delhi (waiting for GCMS to confirm this)
Aigan 04 Sep 2015 FSW - Outland ---
ues.waiting 05 Sep 2015 FSW - Outland ---
DreamCanada16 09 Sep 2015 FSW - Inland CPC-Ottawa
fkl 11 Sep 2015 FSW - Outland ---
DominoEnrich 12 Sep 2015 FSW - Outland ---
Canadaist 15 Sep 2015 FSW - Outland ---
samroger 16 Sep 2015 FSW - Inland CPC-Ottawa
IceAge 20 Sep 2015 PNP - Outland Singapore
Bassamjh 23 Sep 2015 PNP - Outland CPC-Ottawa
Tocanadawego 06 Oct 2015 FSW - Outland Ottawa
DandK 06 Oct 2015 PNP - Outland Pretoria
miltoncsekuet 08 Oct 2015 PNP - Outland Singapore
vernon22445 09 Oct 2015 --- ---
Sirgic 09 Oct 2015 PNP - Outland ADVO
yras 09 Oct 2015 FSW - Intland Ottawa
smimran 10 Oct 2015 PNP - Outland ADVO
Que Em 11 Oct 2015 PNP - Outland ADVO
asadchev 15 Oct 2015 FSW - Inland (USA) CPC-Ottawa
uppu22 26 Oct 2015 FSW - Outland NDVO
av.citizen 15 Nov 2015 FSW - Outland Warsaw, Poland
perfectSkilledMigrant . 18 Nov 2015 PNP - Outland ADVO
Amal 20 Nov 2015 FSW - Outland Ottawa
RSS2015 27 Nov 2015 FSW - Outland NDVO
Gatari 01 Dec 2015 PNP outland NA
ambreenkhan 23 Dec 2015 PNP-Outland Sydney(Australia)
Hosam 08 Jan 2016 FSW - Outland Ottawa
sunshinejan 09 Jan 2016 FSW - Outland Ottawa
apache5021 14 Jan 2016 FSW - Outland NDVO
ybjianada 20 Jan 2016 FSW - Outland SGVO
Cowkiki 29 Jan 2016 --- Ottawa
JohnMj 01 Feb 2016 PNP-inland Ottawa
Neo_Says 06 Feb 2016 FSW - Inland Ottawa
Ertugru 07 Feb 2016 PNP-Outland Ottawa
hamzakhobza 14 Feb 2016 PNP-inland Ottawa
naofel_bd 18 Feb 2016 FSW-outland SGVO
Kirkoven 20 Feb 2016 FSW-outland Ottawa
PSIL 01 Mar 2016 FSW-inland Ottawa

Sirgic

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tocanadawego said:
On another note, as I mentioned earlier, we redid our medicals and submitted the forms, and medicals were passed the other day. Today I received a message to submit my military/government employment history, which I have already done. Seems like some movement on my application. It will be 11 months in 4 days.
Hopefully this week or after you will hear good news. Praying for you and all of the guys here.

Cowkiki

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Tocanadawego said:
Dear Tocanadawego and all friends,

I am so happy to hear about your update! Sincerely hope your PPR will come very soon!

I have read through the court cases regarding the long processing time, not to say that we have to sue CIC in any near moment now, but some of the judges’ analysis shed some light on a few things we should bear in mind NOW:

In a case (Abdolkhaleghi v. Canada (Minister of Citizenship and Immigration) if you are interested to read it further), the judge set out three criteria to be met when finding that the delay was unreasonable:
1. the delay in question has been longer than the nature of the process required, prima facie;
2. the applicant and his counsel are not responsible for the delay; and
3. the authority responsible for the delay has not provided satisfactory justification.

(1) Regarding “whether the delay was justified”, the judge stated this:

“if there is a long delay without adequate explanation, then mandamus can follow. To simply state, in response to the applicants' requests for information as to why their applications are taking so long to process, that a security investigation by CSIS is ongoing is NOT an adequate explanation. What will constitute an adequate explanation will of course depend on the relative complexity of the security considerations in each case. A blanket statement to the effect that a security check investigation is pending, which is all that was given here, prevents an analysis of the adequacy of the explanation altogether. And concerns instead appear to be lacking as a result.”

(2) Regarding the administrative delay:

Quote from “Shahid v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration)”

“while it may be possible that the applicants are responsible for some of that delay if their applications contained contradictory information as the Minister asserts, they have provided updated information as soon as they were asked to do so and indeed before they were asked to do so. The period of over two years, between early 2007 and the spring of 2009, during which they were left in the dark as to CIC’s concerns over their application is unexplained and unreasonable. It took the applicants’ counsel’s request for their file under the Privacy Act for them to find out why their application was not being processed. It took, apparently, the filing of this application for mandamus for CIC to respond to the applicants’ counsel’s letters, two of which the Minister admits it received on February 17 and May 27, 2009, respectively.

In addition, as I held in Conille, above, the necessity to conduct security and background is no justification for administrative inaction. In the absence of any statutory limits on the length of an investigation, it can serve as a convenient excuse for indefinite delay, which the Court will not accept. In each case, the Court must ask itself whether the facts are such that the administrative delay is reasonable or not. Much of the delay in the case at bar appears to be due to CIC’s neglect and is thus unreasonable.

(I am not a lawyer) in my opinion, it is necessary to:
1) Update your progress regularly (e.g. ordering GCMS notes), try to find the potential deadlock, and ask CIC about IT (in WRITTEN so you can keep the correspondence, e.g. email, letter, CSE etc.);
2) Gain CIC’s “explanation” regularly in a formal form, just to keep a record that we have frequently requested our status update. And of course very often they will give us “your case is in process” “there is no timeframe”, keep that record;
3) If you have spotted any “problem” from your side, raise a CSE or proactively provide further information to the CIC. Take every reasonably practicable step from your side to avoid the delay;
4) If the CIC requests anything from you, cooperate with a very timely manner.

:( :( :( :( :( I am just a little woman I don’t know why I end up crazily reading those tedious court cases LOL :'( :'( :'(… anyway, so much for my brain today. Have a nice weekend guys!

Tocanadawego

Apr 19, 2015
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/10/2015
AOR Received.
06/10/2015
Med's Done....
12-12-2105
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
Cowkiki said:
Dear Tocanadawego and all friends,

I am so happy to hear about your update! Sincerely hope your PPR will come very soon!

I have read through the court cases regarding the long processing time, not to say that we have to sue CIC in any near moment now, but some of the judges’ analysis shed some light on a few things we should bear in mind NOW:

In a case (Abdolkhaleghi v. Canada (Minister of Citizenship and Immigration) if you are interested to read it further), the judge set out three criteria to be met when finding that the delay was unreasonable:
1. the delay in question has been longer than the nature of the process required, prima facie;
2. the applicant and his counsel are not responsible for the delay; and
3. the authority responsible for the delay has not provided satisfactory justification.

(1) Regarding “whether the delay was justified”, the judge stated this:

“if there is a long delay without adequate explanation, then mandamus can follow. To simply state, in response to the applicants' requests for information as to why their applications are taking so long to process, that a security investigation by CSIS is ongoing is NOT an adequate explanation. What will constitute an adequate explanation will of course depend on the relative complexity of the security considerations in each case. A blanket statement to the effect that a security check investigation is pending, which is all that was given here, prevents an analysis of the adequacy of the explanation altogether. And concerns instead appear to be lacking as a result.”

(2) Regarding the administrative delay:

Quote from “Shahid v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration)”

“while it may be possible that the applicants are responsible for some of that delay if their applications contained contradictory information as the Minister asserts, they have provided updated information as soon as they were asked to do so and indeed before they were asked to do so. The period of over two years, between early 2007 and the spring of 2009, during which they were left in the dark as to CIC’s concerns over their application is unexplained and unreasonable. It took the applicants’ counsel’s request for their file under the Privacy Act for them to find out why their application was not being processed. It took, apparently, the filing of this application for mandamus for CIC to respond to the applicants’ counsel’s letters, two of which the Minister admits it received on February 17 and May 27, 2009, respectively.

In addition, as I held in Conille, above, the necessity to conduct security and background is no justification for administrative inaction. In the absence of any statutory limits on the length of an investigation, it can serve as a convenient excuse for indefinite delay, which the Court will not accept. In each case, the Court must ask itself whether the facts are such that the administrative delay is reasonable or not. Much of the delay in the case at bar appears to be due to CIC’s neglect and is thus unreasonable.

(I am not a lawyer) in my opinion, it is necessary to:
1) Update your progress regularly (e.g. ordering GCMS notes), try to find the potential deadlock, and ask CIC about IT (in WRITTEN so you can keep the correspondence, e.g. email, letter, CSE etc.);
2) Gain CIC’s “explanation” regularly in a formal form, just to keep a record that we have frequently requested our status update. And of course very often they will give us “your case is in process” “there is no timeframe”, keep that record;
3) If you have spotted any “problem” from your side, raise a CSE or proactively provide further information to the CIC. Take every reasonably practicable step from your side to avoid the delay;
4) If the CIC requests anything from you, cooperate with a very timely manner.

:( :( :( :( :( I am just a little woman I don’t know why I end up crazily reading those tedious court cases LOL :'( :'( :'(... anyway, so much for my brain today. Have a nice weekend guys!
Wow, amazing effort! Thank you for this! This is a very interesting read and what baffles me is that even after multiple court cases that they lost on the same basis, IRCC is still sticking with their old habits. They really need to sort themselves out in a sense that they are able to offer some proper explanation to people who have been waiting endlessly and don't know why.

DreamCanada16

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2015
AOR Received.
09-09-2015
Passport Req..
6th December 2016
Can we check our security status with CSIS?

Cowkiki

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
DreamCanada16 said:
Can we check our security status with CSIS?
Yes i think so.

https://www.csis.gc.ca/scrtscrnng/index-en.php#bm02

How can I find out about the status of my immigration screening file?
For general information on immigration/ citizenship/ refugee/ visa-related issues, contact Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) at 1-888-242-2100 or the website www.cic.gc.ca.

To enquire about the status of a government clearance or an immigration screening file, the following information is required*:

a full name,
date and place of birth,
the signature of the applicant, and
a return mailing address as replies are not sent by email or fax.
If you are enquiring on behalf of another person, the request must be accompanied by the Consent Form to Disclose Information to a Designated Individual.

Mail or fax the request to CSIS at the attention of:

Assistant Director, Operations
Canadian Security Intelligence Service
P.O. Box 9732, Station T
Ottawa, ON
K1G 4G4
Fax: 613-369-2954

* If a request is missing any of the information noted above, a reply will not be issued. Please allow up to eight weeks for the processing of requests.

Date modified: 2016-03-03

Since you are inland I think it will be more convenient for you to do so. Try it and keep us posted!

ybjianada

Sep 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed on 24-01-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2016
"In my case, right after I filed my claim, immigration contacted me and asked for my updated address. Then, they started to ask for some documents, etc (including renewing my medicals). After the court date was set, they seemed to double the speed! Long story short, I got my immigration visa shortly after the court date was set (i.e., a few months before the court date).”

My blood was boiling when I read that. I can't think of a word in English to describe these CIC lazy bums. But in Chinese (which you would understand), they are pretty 'jian'. This means that they are the type of people who do not behave unless you apply serious pressure on them.

I'm disgusted!!

Cowkiki said:
@Sirgic, I have the exact same thought as you. Have been stuck in the security check for months. I googled about long security check today and was surprised (and horrified) to find this guy’s very unfortunate experience: stuck in security check for four YEARS only to find that it was due to the CIC’s bureaucratic malfunction.

https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1191&PN=1&title=delayed-background-check-csis-mandamus

TL;DR: this guy’s security check took four years until he finally sued CIC because there was a misunderstanding between CSIS and CIC, he knew it after ordering numerous GCMS notes.

“In our case, it seems that CSIS had sent some sort of reply to CIC a bit after BC started, but CIC didn't see that reply. So CIC kept waiting for 2 years without trying to ping CSIS and see what was going on (despite my numerous requests)!!! When they finally pinged CSIS again, CSIS asked CIC to request them to start a new BC and hinted that this time CIC can ask them to mark it as an urgent case. But even after one more year, that second BC was not finished. This is all I know.”

Guys, given that you are just a normal human-being with a clean background, it is NOT normal to have your security screening stuck for several months! And obviously from the post, for some cases, just “waiting patiently” will NOT lead to any good result.

Also, the guy in the post listed every step he took to fight for himself in which the last step was taking the case to federal court based on a concept called "writ of mandamus". He did a thorough research on all the court cases relating to this concept (he is really a brave and strong soul).

“So my lawyer filed a claim on my behalf based on the fact that I had been waiting for my immigration for a bit more than 4 years and the fact that I had never been involved in any "bad stuff". My lawyer told me that in most of the cases, the moment you sue immigration, the wheels start to move and CIC tries to finalize your file before they have to appear in court. So most likely, you'll get your immigration before the court date. And that was exactly what happened to me. When you file for mandamus, it may take around 3 months for the court to accept to take your case and set a court date and the court date may be within 3-4 months of that time (so your court date may be 6-7 months after you file your claim).

In my case, right after I filed my claim, immigration contacted me and asked for my updated address. Then, they started to ask for some documents, etc (including renewing my medicals). After the court date was set, they seemed to double the speed! Long story short, I got my immigration visa shortly after the court date was set (i.e., a few months before the court date).”

My heart is still sinking when I am typing this post. This thread has been a “Chicken Soup for the Soul” for us who have crossed six months. But I do suggest we can also do our own research on the long security check (since everyone has his/her unique googling/researching skills and different sources of information), share our findings/information/experience here, exchange our ideas and then, maybe make some strategies for this problem?

Let me know your thought :)

Sirgic

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cowkiki said:
Yes i think so.

https://www.csis.gc.ca/scrtscrnng/index-en.php#bm02

How can I find out about the status of my immigration screening file?
For general information on immigration/ citizenship/ refugee/ visa-related issues, contact Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) at 1-888-242-2100 or the website www.cic.gc.ca.

To enquire about the status of a government clearance or an immigration screening file, the following information is required*:

a full name,
date and place of birth,
the signature of the applicant, and
a return mailing address as replies are not sent by email or fax.
If you are enquiring on behalf of another person, the request must be accompanied by the Consent Form to Disclose Information to a Designated Individual.

Mail or fax the request to CSIS at the attention of:

Assistant Director, Operations
Canadian Security Intelligence Service
P.O. Box 9732, Station T
Ottawa, ON
K1G 4G4
Fax: 613-369-2954

* If a request is missing any of the information noted above, a reply will not be issued. Please allow up to eight weeks for the processing of requests.

Date modified: 2016-03-03

Since you are inland I think it will be more convenient for you to do so. Try it and keep us posted!
I will be waiting for my notes next week, then I will send a request to CSIS. But didn't you notice that they take 8 weeks to reply and give you the feedback, while in CIC application the screening and BG takes monthssssss?