+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

those who r applying for humber college,global business management jan 2012

P.S

Star Member
Nov 18, 2011
Hi geet
,please do me a favour-i am also trying for the same course(SRM) and in same college(GBC).I got overall 6 bands (L-7, R-6, S-6.5, W-5) So,could u plz tell me that m i eligible or not bcz i've 5 bands in writing module.
Thx.

khurana

Star Member
Oct 17, 2011
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2011
IELTS Request
7 bands
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2011
LANDED..........
28-12-2011
hello guys, i have also applied for the same college n same course, waiting for visa approval, applied on 15th nov..plz do pray for me n be in touch all of u

hop to catch u all in class at canada!

sandhujas

Jul 26, 2011
BATALA, PUNJAB, INDIA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sandhujas said:
Global Business Management
Humber College
Applied in Sept in Marketing Management
Got refusal
Bands 7.5
Mba in INDIA.

now going to humber got visa.......burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

PISSED

Dec 5, 2011
For those who are applying to GBM 2012 at Humber :

Being a current student at humber pursuing GBM, i have a lot many things to share. And thats the reason i took the effort to join this forum.
For those specially from punjab , gujarat and else where, please be clear and defined about your motive and expectations to and from this course, GBM , which has lately gained an "unreasonable" hype!

The name itself may sound pompous to many, but now i would say its just a mere "eyewash". If you think that this course gonna gift you with a fat pay package job, where all you will be getting is a big bag full of Canadian $$$, its better to save your Rupees or respective currencies. Contrary to what this name may suggest, the classroom is packed with many indians. more than 90-92% of the strength comprises Indian nationality(specially from rural areas of punjab and gujarat; no pun intended! ) , rest all comprises of a few germans/swiss/chinese/third world countries. :p

Some more light upon the course:
Global Business Management - what department do you expect to join upon completion of this course after paying a humongous fee which is almost "triple" the amount domestic students pay? Have you ever heard about a department "Global" in an organisation, apart from finance. marketing etc.?
Again, the name itself is pompous which catches many eyeballs.

Course prospects:
Try doing this on your own:
1. go to any good canadian job search website, like workopolis etc.
2. type in the keywords like "global business management" and consider yourself fortunate if you see any company demanding such qualification from its prospective candidates.
3. At humber , we are frequently made to feel that getting into humber is a "hard-nut-to-crack" by using some hackneyed phrases lke "Here at Humber we..." and that humber students are lucky and are the best minds of the world. "Total Shit!! "
4. Those who are thinking about getting a good "placement" from this course/college, let me tell you that this is just a "college", and there is nothing like "placement". Hence, before you another friend or family member or distant relatives or just the guy/girl next door that you "secured"(ahh, thats not the suitable word for humber) a place at humber, have the guts to tell them what was the admission procedure and the post-course prospects.
5. There are a few things that you just wont get to know sitting in your home country about this country and its job market, and specifically about this course, many thanks to the commendable efforts taken by the "foreign education agents" who in the garb of a decent sounding title of "Consultants" act like humber agents and hence they quick to speak or promote GBM and its prospects, if any! For each of the student admitted, they are paid a handsome amount by the colleges.

Moreover, the agents will tell you that its a "Post graduate diploma", in reality you will get a "Post Graduate Certificate".

Hence, try to save your dad's hard earned money by not investing in such a college and instead going for a university.

Even if you are still interested in getting into a college, try choosing a specific course like finance, marketing, HR etc.

This course is suitable for those who just want to get a PR in Canada anyhow (and it really sounds so greedy, regardless of anyone's personal choice) and wont mind doing odd jobs like a serving in a restaurant/McD even after completion of this course. Because, even after 6 months of completing this course, i have encountered students working in subways etc.

My IELTS score was 8.0. R - 9, S - 8.5, L- 7.5, W - 7.0 .

Reactions: shaurya shah

khurana

Star Member
Oct 17, 2011
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2011
IELTS Request
7 bands
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2011
LANDED..........
28-12-2011
PISSED said:

Being a current student at humber pursuing GBM, i have a lot many things to share. And thats the reason i took the effort to join this forum.
For those specially from punjab , gujarat and else where, please be clear and defined about your motive and expectations to and from this course, GBM , which has lately gained an "unreasonable" hype!

The name itself may sound pompous to many, but now i would say its just a mere "eyewash". If you think that this course gonna gift you with a fat pay package job, where all you will be getting is a big bag full of Canadian $$$, its better to save your Rupees or respective currencies. Contrary to what this name may suggest, the classroom is packed with many indians. more than 90-92% of the strength comprises Indian nationality(specially from rural areas of punjab and gujarat; no pun intended! ) , rest all comprises of a few germans/swiss/chinese/third world countries. :p

Global Business Management - what department do you expect to join upon completion of this course after paying a humongous fee which is almost "triple" the amount domestic students pay? Have you ever heard about a department "Global" in an organisation, apart from finance. marketing etc.?

Course prospects:
2. type in the keywords like "global business management" and consider yourself fortunate if you see any company demanding such qualification from its prospective candidates.
3. At humber , we are frequently made to feel that getting into humber is a "hard-nut-to-crack" by using some hackneyed phrases lke "Here at Humber we..." and that humber students are lucky and are the best minds of the world. "Total *censored word*!! "
4. Those who are thinking about getting a good "placement" from this course/college, let me tell you that this is just a "college", and there is nothing like "placement". Hence, before you another friend or family member or distant relatives or just the guy/girl next door that you "secured"(ahh, thats not the suitable word for humber) a place at humber, have the guts to tell them what was the admission procedure and the post-course prospects.
5. There are a few things that you just wont get to know sitting in your home country about this country and its job market, and specifically about this course, many thanks to the commendable efforts taken by the "foreign education agents" who in the garb of a decent sounding title of "Consultants" act like humber agents and hence they quick to speak or promote GBM and its prospects, if any! For each of the student admitted, they are paid a handsome amount by the colleges.

Moreover, the agents will tell you that its a "Post graduate diploma", in reality you will get a "Post Graduate Certificate".

Hence, try to save your dad's hard earned money by not investing in such a college and instead going for a university.

Even if you are still interested in getting into a college, try choosing a specific course like finance, marketing, HR etc.

This course is suitable for those who just want to get a PR in Canada anyhow (and it really sounds so greedy, regardless of anyone's personal choice) and wont mind doing odd jobs like a serving in a restaurant/McD even after completion of this course. Because, even after 6 months of completing this course, i have encountered students working in subways etc.

wot? really?
then wot r the other options that we can opt now?
thnk u for knowledge but need alternatives if any, wud be appericiable if u do so!

PISSED

Dec 5, 2011
khurana said:
wot? really?
then wot r the other options that we can opt now?
thnk u for knowledge but need alternatives if any, wud be appericiable if u do so!
Well, why only humber? Why not any other college if you cant find any IT course at humber? Cz anyways, ALL COLLEGES ARE EQUAL IN TERMS OF QUALITY, IF ANY , regardless of the fact that you will made to feel *special* in whichever college you go !

About the other options, follow your interest. Another option left is fly to canada with any course in hand and once you are here, you can shift to any other course or even college, with a mere application. Your fee will be refunded.

Reactions: shaurya shah

fahad83

Oct 12, 2010
PISSED said:
Well, why only humber? Why not any other college if you cant find any IT course at humber? Cz anyways, ALL COLLEGES ARE EQUAL IN TERMS OF QUALITY, IF ANY , regardless of the fact that you will made to feel *special* in whichever college you go !

About the other options, follow your interest. Another option left is fly to canada with any course in hand and once you are here, you can shift to any other course or even college, with a mere application. Your fee will be refunded.
Hey what's the situation of University grads. Especially in Saskatchewan region.

PISSED

Dec 5, 2011
fahad83 said:
Hey what the situation of University grads. Especially in Saskatchewan region.
Universities in Ontario are still good, like York, Mcmaster or Carleton etc. In Saskatchewan, dont expected any reputed universities. People often go there like a refugee :p , just to seek some work and accomodation, stay there for around 6 months i think and become eligible for PR. Thats the reputation that area has.

fahad83

Oct 12, 2010
PISSED said:
Universities in Ontario are still good, like York, Mcmaster or Carleton etc. In Saskatchewan, dont expected any reputed universities. People often go there like a refugee :p , just to seek some work and accomodation, stay there for around 6 months i think and become eligible for PR. Thats the reputation that area has.
So you are say there are jobs and cheap accommodation available in Saskatchewan and getting PR is easier then other provinces?

PISSED

Dec 5, 2011
For Khurana and all others,

Course content is made pretty tedious with students being swamped by bulks of assignments and projects. Faculty is good and knowledgeable in my view, but again your employer will look for your degree/course even if you have been taught by Amartya Sen! Ever heard any employer asking the candidate about his faculty?

Project Management(asked about by Khurana), i would say would still be a better choice because of its focussed approached at the subject matter. However , i wont promote or endorse any
1. College : because all are same, regardless of self-proclaims made by respective colleges about their greatness!
2. Course: because it all depends on your interest.

For those(jinhe course se kuch lena dena nahi hai) & eyeing on PR prospects, DO CHECK OUT THE "SHORTAGE LIST" OF OCCUPATIONS LISTED BY CIC ON ITS WEBSITES! CAP FOR BUSINESS PROFESSIONALS HAS REACHED OR ABOUT TO REACH ITS LIMIT! THAT MEANS ONCE A LISTED PROFESSION/OCCUPATION REACHES ITS CAP, PR WILL NO LONGER BE GRANTED TO THEM!

Accomodation you can find around the colleges, but i dont hv any much contacts.

For FAHAD83, yes PR is easy there, jobs are available but odd jobs. Dont know about the accommodation there.

With all that being said, application of individual wisdom and due diligence is adviced.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PISSED said:

Course prospects:
3. At humber , we are frequently made to feel that getting into humber is a "hard-nut-to-crack" by using some hackneyed phrases lke "Here at Humber we..." and that humber students are lucky and are the best minds of the world. "Total *censored word*!! "

Hi,

Hats off to you. What's an outstanding post. Greatly impressed.

PISSED

Dec 5, 2011
enfield said:
Hi,

Hats off to you. What's an outstanding post. Greatly impressed.
Hey thanks. i just wanted to inform you all before you get into "their" trap! Think again, you still have the chance to reconsider your decision cz the job market in canada is not as rosy as it looks. I am in canada. And here, job market has reached saturation.

Rupak14

Sep 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/11/2011
Med's Request
Med's Done
Med's Done....
14/07/2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Never
PISSED said:

Course prospects:

+1 to the pissed guy.

fahad83

Oct 12, 2010
PISSED said:
Hey thanks. i just wanted to inform you all before you get into "their" trap! Think again, you still have the chance to reconsider your decision cz the job market in canada is not as rosy as it looks. I am in canada. And here, job market has reached saturation.
So exactly what do you suggest, should we just forget about immigration and all and continue to do what we do in our home country. ???

I mean all of us are doing this for the better future and for our families so that our future generation can get good opportunities and don't have to face, what we faced up until now.

PISSED

Dec 5, 2011
fahad83 said:
So exactly what do you suggest, should we just forget about immigration and all and continue to do what we do in our home country. ???
Fahad, i have just put the real situation before you guys so that you get to know the reality. Rest is your choice. My motive is to clear the mist or the aura or the illusion surrounding the prospects of education at "such colleges". Thats it!

Either you can simply ignore me and go ahead with your plans, but try not to follow the herd. Or else, you can gather some work exp in your own country, apply to some good universities here after getting a good gmat score.

Good Luck!` :)