+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Those who landed in Calgary (Related to Employment)

Harry2500

Star Member
Nov 13, 2008
Hello Every one Who landed in Calgary

I am starting this new subject to help my self as well as those who are has landed and those who will be landing soon , I land almost a month ago in calgary , the city is nice and people treated us good . first few days were very good. when it comes to job search, i tried hard to find a job in IT industry but not getting any response from employers ,all of those who got the job, can you please advice what strategy should we adopt to get the job in calgary. Looking forward for help

RDS

poppyjml

Star Member
Nov 1, 2008
hi harry,

my advice is to put your resume in the different job websites for canada, and create alerts so you get emailed new posted jobs everyday.
also send your resumes to recruites like sapphire technologies, finney taylor, davidaplin, intellex, sissystems, inteqna, metafore, roberthalftechnology and other recruiters. go to the specific job sites of the different companies in alberta and check their job openings often.
i also went to the library before to get a list of the top companies in alberta and searched for their websites.

check out the job opportunities in city of calgary, city of edmonton, stantec, epcor, smart technologies. they sometimes have IT job openings.

good luck!

magiqhand

Oct 7, 2008
Hi Harry
Any luck getting a job in calgary yet. I am planning to settle there in a couple of month and would appreciate if you can share information on the cost of living and problems if any finding a job in IT. I am applying online from the US and I am not really getting any positive response from employers.
Thanks and good luck