no
Passport Req..
29 / 07/ 2010
VISA ISSUED...
03 /Aug/ 2010
LANDED..........
landed on 5th Aug 2010
Hello.

Is there any danger for a pregnant woman in the first 3 months of her pregnancy to undergo the medical test for Pr? Is there any X ray to be done ?

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
you should speak to your health provider whether it is dangerous to take an xray while pregnant. They would give you the best answer I guess. Always try get a second opinion.

mistzone

Star Member
Mar 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
do not do xray for wife it will harm baby, i think doctor should not even xray her and mention reason in the report why its not done that shud be sufficient for CIC, but later when baby is born CIC may ask to do the same medical.

C

cchabert

This is from the forms that the Dr. use:

Medical Report: Section E
CHEST X-RAY REPORT

A ROUTINE chest X-ray is required for all aged 11 years and older. A chest X-ray is also required for those under 11 years of age
if there is any relevant history or clinical indication (e.g. history of TB involving any part of the body, previous contact with active TB,
congenital/chronic heart/lung conditions etc.). THE CHEST X-RAY FILM REMAINS THE PROPERTY OF THE DEPARTMENT OF
CITIZENSHIP AND IMMIGRATION.

The chest X-ray must be on a large posteroanterior (PA) film and must bear the date of the examination, the applicant's surname and
given names, and the Canadian Immigration file number (if available). Names must be written in the ENGLISH ALPHABET. This
information is to be automatically inscribed during the photographic process or written in ink (preferably white ink). If the examinee is
pregnant, the film must be full sized, the field size must be strictly limited and there must be abdominal shielding.

This report is to be returned to the Physician who examined the applicant.

maple

Jan 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 feb 2008
AOR Received.
july 2008
Med's Request
28 march 2009
Med's Done....
april 2009
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
29 / 07/ 2010
VISA ISSUED...
03 /Aug/ 2010
LANDED..........
landed on 5th Aug 2010
Does the delay of doing X Ray for the medical test (for pregnancy - still in early stages) mean delay in getting a decision for my application as I am the principal applicant and I have just been asked to take the medical ( I am on the list), could anyone share his opinion please. I am really worried because my status expires in two months, what shall I do?

gino35

Aug 30, 2007
Hi,
Normally pregnant women don't do X rays. I know this very well cause my spouse works in a clinic who performs medical tests for prospective immigrants. You should inform the doctor that you are pregnant and infact there is a section on the form where you have to disclose whether you are pregnant and the expected delivery date.

C

cchabert

...Congartulations in advance!

Do NOT Worry !! go ahead and do all the required medical tests, don't delay your process!

Any MD knowing that she is pregnant, will take ALL the necessary precautions to protect her and the baby...they're in the medical field for a reason...ethically, they can not puposely cause any harm to a patient, and that of course include unborn children. When she goes for her exams she should immediately let the doctor know that she is pregnant, maybe, if possible, bring confirmation of the pregnancy from her OB-GYN to help determine how far along she is, and they will take it from there.

The message I posted earlier today was copy-pasted from IMM-5419, Appendix VII, Section E, of the "Designated Medical Practitioner Handbook".....and it reads:

...."OF the examinee is pregnant, the film must be full sized, the field size must be strictly limited and there must be abdominal shileding"....

I understand your concern for your wife and your baby, but don't be afraid, the doctors will know what to do considering her situation. Even if your wife forgets to mention it, an X-ray technician before performing any X-rays should ask a woman if there are any chances that she could be pregnant. They are required to ask that safety question, and it's funny that they even ask this to women in their 50's and 60's (just in case!). I'm also getting this info from my wiffe, she sees this things all the time, as she works at a local hospital in the Maternity Ward.

maple

Jan 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 feb 2008
AOR Received.
july 2008
Med's Request
28 march 2009
Med's Done....
april 2009
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
29 / 07/ 2010
VISA ISSUED...
03 /Aug/ 2010
LANDED..........
landed on 5th Aug 2010
Thank you so much for your reply. The problem is that I called all the clinics here and they all confirmed to me that they will not let me to take the X ray until I deliver my baby ( 7 months from now!) which means more delay in my application I am afraid. Even the clinic in which I booked for the medical to be done said they will not do the X RAY for me. I am really worried. Is there any alternative?

Thanks in advance

C

cchabert

hum....I'll do all the medicals as usual and let the Dr. mention in his report that he didn't do the X-rays because the baby, to be a CIC Dr. you have to pass a very strict test, so CIC may know in this cases what to do, but don;t delay your medicals, just let the Dr. mention his reasons.

This is my point of view.

Good Luck!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

cchabert said:
hum....I'll do all the medicals as usual and let the Dr. mention in his report that he didn't do the X-rays because the baby, to be a CIC Dr. you have to pass a very strict test, so CIC may know in this cases what to do, but don;t delay your medicals, just let the Dr. mention his reasons.

This is my point of view.

Good Luck!
Personally I wouldn't have the medical, because she is still going to have to go for x-ray after the birth. So until the OPs spouse passes the medical, they are not going to issue his PR. He is still going to have add the child to the application.

PMM

maple

Jan 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 feb 2008
AOR Received.
july 2008
Med's Request
28 march 2009
Med's Done....
april 2009
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
29 / 07/ 2010
VISA ISSUED...
03 /Aug/ 2010
LANDED..........
landed on 5th Aug 2010
On , , I do not have to add the baby to my application because I am already in Canada and the child after birth here is already Canadian, so my only concern is the delay of my application process because of the X ray. The CIC doctor said she will do my medical test (except) for the X ray, and what concerns me is the fact that my application might be delayed just because of one issue (the X ray) which sounds unfair. I am of course concerned with my baby's safety in the first place, but I read in some websites that it is safe to do X ray for pregnant women when they wear a special apron while doing the X ray on chest. any help? any opinions?

C

cchabert

maple said:
On , , I do not have to add the baby to my application because I am already in Canada and the child after birth here is already Canadian, so my only concern is the delay of my application process because of the X ray. The CIC doctor said she will do my medical test (except) for the X ray, and what concerns me is the fact that my application might be delayed just because of one issue (the X ray) which sounds unfair. I am of course concerned with my baby's safety in the first place, but I read in some websites that it is safe to do X ray for pregnant women when they wear a special apron while doing the X ray on chest. any help? any opinions?
That's precisely what the form said :

...."OF the examinee is pregnant, the film must be full sized, the field size must be strictly limited and there must be abdominal shileding"....

This shield is the apron, but if he CIC Dr. said no X rays just follow the Dr. advice and let him report that to CIC, who mention a delay for that? or it just something that you're consider?