+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Those who got the job offers (LMIA) are residing Canada...is that correct?

Baskin

Star Member
Aug 14, 2014
Hello everybody,

Ok, now two draws have been announced and they both show one thing...
ONLY THOSE WITH JOB OFFERS GOT PICKED...period.
Now the question that confuses me mostly is:
- Are all of those candidates in Canada or some of them are in different countries? I mean do employers bother to go through a lot of hassle to hire someone abroad, someone they never met and they expect to see him after no less than 6-8 months or even more?!!!
My friend told me that those who got the job offers (LMIA) are in Canada...is that correct?

asdf-1234+

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
well, if you have an LMIA, you are in canada. It means you are hired, and you are working a permanent full time job for the company that got you your LMIA. how do you have an LMIA and reside in another country?

But doesn't mean you can't get an LMIA if you're in another country. I haven't heard of any stories like that, but it's possible

katja2684

Jan 31, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From what I heard from the consultant who helped me with the Express Entry profile, the LMIA is positive in 30% of the cases.
And yes, it's a hassle for your employer because they have to guarantee a certain wage for you apart of the ads they have to post for the position and the proof they have to bring that they interviewed Canadian candidates and didn't find them suitable for the job.

Baskin

Star Member
Aug 14, 2014
So, according to you guys, job offers are given to those who are in Canada, and those who got invitations to apply reside in Canada.
What about the candidates in the rest of the world?!!!!!

asdf-1234+

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Baskin said:
So, according to you guys, job offers are given to those who are in Canada, and those who got invitations to apply reside in Canada.
What about the candidates in the rest of the world?!!!!!
you can still get offered a job if you are outside of Canada. The company just have to go through the same process to obtain the LMIA for you to work here. And if you don't have LMIA, whether you are outside the country or not, you don't get the ITA.

LMIA = 600 points
no LMIA = no 600 points = no ITA

asdf-1234+

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
same with people here in canada that are working full time (like me) but we don't have LMIA because we are LMIA exempt, we don't get ITA also... yet. :/ until they decrease their minimum points.

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
asdf-1234+ said:
you can still get offered a job if you are outside of Canada. The company just have to go through the same process to obtain the LMIA for you to work here. And if you don't have LMIA, whether you are outside the country or not, you don't get the ITA.

LMIA = 600 points
no LMIA = no 600 points = no ITA
Why you are thinking "no LMIA = no 600 points = no ITA", be patience and
be positive.

asdf-1234+

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
iceberge said:
Why you are thinking "no LMIA = no 600 points = no ITA", be patience and
be positive.
I'm just tell the guy what's the situation like right now. We could get an ITA soon even if we have no LMIA, but right now its not the case.

jfalvitez

Oct 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
30-01-2017
Med's Done....
12-01-2017
Believe me get a LMIA its very very difficult I live in Canada and I have some friends here in Ontario who are also international students with pgwp and even if their employees help you filling the "complicated and most of 20 pages forms" it's very difficult that ESDC will aprove your claim. i don't know of someone who has get a positive LMIA, only rejections. So I don't try that way moreover now cost 1 thousand dollars!

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
Baskin said:
Hello everybody,

Ok, now two draws have been announced and they both show one thing...
ONLY THOSE WITH JOB OFFERS GOT PICKED...period.
Now the question that confuses me mostly is:
- Are all of those candidates in Canada or some of them are in different countries? I mean do employers bother to go through a lot of hassle to hire someone abroad, someone they never met and they expect to see him after no less than 6-8 months or even more?!!!
My friend told me that those who got the job offers (LMIA) are in Canada...is that correct?
Hi

To clarify the issue. Yes employers can and do get LMIA's for people outside Canada. I know this because I am one of those people. Whats's more, we've waited months to get it. Process was started in June of last year and the first was rejected in August because Service Canada ruled we had not followed the advertising requirements.

We reapplied in September and were approved in January. So that should settle it. As long as your skills are needed and not available in Canada there is not much issue. The application is straightforward regardless of the number of pages and you don't need consultants etc to fill it out. The Operations Manager in my company did it and it all worked out.

rifsim1216

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
No LMIA ... now no options ... any help

i dont understand. i read so many post of "ineligibility".

i wanna appl under CEC NOC B category.
i saw people posting Any job experience they need LMIA otherwise "0" points.
really not getting the changes from CIC... any help

even they say IELTS CLB 5 would be ok .., but now score with CLB 6 showing ineligible. Even People whose profile submitted months back suddenly started getting message of ineligiblity.

I completed my 1 year of field experience under NOC B. IELTS L-7 S-6.5 R-6.5 W-5.5 overall score 6.5 (CLB 6).
I asked my employee regarding LMIA. They say they can't,if LMIA rejected they ll be under risk.

What are the options who applying under CEC without LMIA. I am sure 65 percent people have their experience under CEC are without LMIA..

Any help, Answers , opinions, some Lawyers good answers would be appreciated
What are options available.

journey21

Dec 25, 2014
peddy said:
If you dont have a valid lmo but you do have a job offer contract then you get 600
No.

You do not get 600 points if your company did not get +ve LMIA for you.

A job offer without +ve LMIA does not get you 600 points.

mrwait

Nov 28, 2014
journey21 said:
No.

You do not get 600 points if your company did not get +ve LMIA for you.

A job offer without +ve LMIA does not get you 600 points.
It is so unfair from CIC .....what is the big deal to have an LMIA or not....many who are working in canada do not have an LMIA...they are already used to the Canadian culture+paying tax to the government...there are many jobs which do not need an LMIA...the sad thing is they get 0/600 points although they have full time jobs.

pacific3131

Feb 11, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2015
Doc's Request.
Not needed at this time
AOR Received.
01-08-2015
IELTS Request
CELPIP Submitted online
Med's Request
Submitted online
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Interview........
Not needed at this time
Those working without LMIA are probably on PGWP. They weren't promised permanent Residence, but they were promised Canadian Education. The thing is, they're using student permits as backdoor for immigration through CEC (now that's not fair to all other qualified candidates). If they qualify for an LMIA then that means they have the skills Canada NEEDS. LMIA is an assurance that there are no foreigners taking jobs from Canadians and immigrants. If you're an Express Entry applicant (Economic Type) and you were invited without an LMIA that means when you come here you have no job to fill that any other Canadians or immigrants can't do. That means the Government need to support you under welfare and that will not be FAIR.
mrwait said:
It is so unfair from CIC .....what is the big deal to have an LMIA or not....many who are working in canada do not have an LMIA...they are already used to the Canadian culture+paying tax to the government...there are many jobs which do not need an LMIA...the sad thing is they get 0/600 points although they have full time jobs.