dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EricCartman said:
On that site I chose 1 year Canadian experience and got a total.of 477 and then I chose 2 years just to compare and the total was 505
Did you go all the way through and do it BY HAND? Because there are several places, not just one, where you get different points for having one year of Canadian experience or two or more. Don't rely on their calculator, which is, after all, the one that keeps giving people more points than they should have.

What was the minimum CRS for your draw?

Also, re-calculate your FSW points to be sure you have 67 or more.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EricCartman said:
Dobes I can't thank you enough!
The noc are in IT and project management. My last noc that I was claiming is IT project manager which they did not mention about in the refusal.letter.

Here is the entire letter

I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a skilled
worker. I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.
Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) states that a foreign national
must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the
regulations. The visa or document may be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that
the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(2) specifies
that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.
In addition, according to section 11.2 of the IRPA:
An officer may not issue a visa or other document in respect of an application for permanent
residence to a foreign national who was issued an invitation under Division 0.1 to make such an
application if – at the time the invitation was issued or at the time the officer received their
application – the foreign national did not meet the criteria set out in an instruction given under
paragraph 10.3(1)(e) or does not have the qualifications on the basis of which they were ranked
under an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h) and were consequently issued the
invitation.
Section 11.2 of the IRPA requires that information provided in your Express Entry Profile concerning
your eligibility to be invited to apply (10.3(1)(e)), as well as the qualifications on the basis of which you
were ranked (10.3(1)(h)) be valid both at the time the invitation was issued and at the time the application
for permanent residence is received.
In your Express Entry profile, you indicated you had two years of work experience in Canada. On the date
of your application, you submitted evidence of 1 year 8 months work experience – 2 months as a
Telephone Surveyor for ******, as well as 1 year 7 months as
a Junior Technical Support Representative for *****. In accordance with section11.2, I am refusing
your application because I have found that at the time you received your invitation to apply for permanent
residence, or at the time you filed your application for permanent residence, you no longer possessed the
qualification on the basis of which you were ranked under an instruction given under paragraph
10.3(1)(h).
This change in your qualifications resulted in a loss of points that brought your rank below the lowest
ranking person who was invited to apply in your draw, under the Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking
System.
Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the
Act and Regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.
You will receive a refund of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee that you have paid.
You must remove your Job Seeker profile from the Job Bank website, as you are no longer an Express
Entry candidate. You must also remove any references that you are a candidate for Express Entry from
any private job board websites, if you used any.
If you still want to come to Canada as a skilled immigrant, you may take steps to improve your
competitiveness and register for Express Entry at a later date. For example, you may try to improve your
language score or gain a higher level of education. However, you must still meet minimum requirements
to enter the Express Entry pool and there is no guarantee that you will that you will be issued another
invitation to apply for permanent residence under one of the immigration programs subject to Express
Entry.
Well, that is clearly what happened. Minimum CRS points for your draw were 481, and with only 1 year of Canadian experience, you fell below.

I think your best strategy now is to recreate your profile, being sure it gives you credit for only 1 year of Canadian experience, and wait for another ITA. You must have all your documents ready to go, and some applications are moving fast now. Lots of people have had to apply more than once, and some have recently gotten PR on their second time through EE. Good luck - you deserve it!

Srinivasa2013

May 22, 2013
Hi Guys, sorry for this question here, But I need your expert advice

I got the ITA under CEC
ITA on 17th July 2015
Submitted the application on 17th August 2015
AOR - 18th August 2015
Medical passed
Background check in progress

I completed my 2 years of Canadian work experience from 31th July 2013 to 30th July 2015, But I got the score for 2 years one month earlier.

I am worried now because I did not qualify for the score on 17th July 2015 when I got the ITA, but qualified when I applied for the PR on 17th August 2015.

I would like to know, will it have any impact on my application?

If Yes, should I send a CSE saying that system gave and I accepted it. If the system had given the scores properly, I would have got the ITA in the next few draws.

Please give your opinions, I am really worried.

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Srinivasa2013 said:
Hi Guys, sorry for this question here, But I need your expert advice

I got the ITA under CEC
ITA on 17th July 2015
Submitted the application on 17th August 2015
AOR - 18th August 2015
Medical passed
Background check in progress

I completed my 2 years of Canadian work experience from 31th July 2013 to 30th July 2015, But I got the score for 2 years one month earlier.

I am worried now because I did not qualify for the score on 17th July 2015 when I got the ITA, but qualified when I applied for the PR on 17th August 2015.

I would like to know, will it have any impact on my application?

If Yes, should I send a CSE saying that system gave and I accepted it. If the system had given the scores properly, I would have got the ITA in the next few draws.

Please give your opinions, I am really worried.
As long as you got the points when submitting your application you're fine. Don't draw any unnecessary attention to yourself by raising a CSE.

Kucuy15

Jul 6, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
05-05-2015
I just got PPR guys... it came through my personal email at 10:24 pm EST!!!

This is the best start to the weekend EVER! :) So grateful for all the help I got through this forum!

Timeline below :)

Maplemadness82

Dec 2, 2014
dobes said:
Well, that is clearly what happened. Minimum CRS points for your draw were 481, and with only 1 year of Canadian experience, you fell below.

I think your best strategy now is to recreate your profile, being sure it gives you credit for only 1 year of Canadian experience, and wait for another ITA. You must have all your documents ready to go, and some applications are moving fast now. Lots of people have had to apply more than once, and some have recently gotten PR on their second time through EE. Good luck - you deserve it!
What I don't understand is why they dragged his file all the way till the end from IN PROGRESS to APPLICATION RECEIVED to IN PROCESS phases.
This should have been caught in COMPLETENESS CHECK phase itself which is a week or two after he submitted the app.

Maplemadness82

Dec 2, 2014
Anya654 said:
I think I know what happened here. You know when you complete your EE profile the system counts the experience on a monthly bases, so the 1 year 7 months was rounded up to 1 yr 8 or 9 months and the 2 months was rounded up to 3 months hence altogether the system gave you 2 years Canadian experience instead of your actual 1 yr 9 months when calculating on a daily basis. If this is the reason then CIC has a lot of explaining to do because one can't help the way the system awards points surely!
Good analysis buddy. I need this train of thought for my day to day things at work. + 1 for you.
This made me remember when I created my profile, the system was awarding the points for CAD exp sooner than expected because of this rounding issue. There were some initial weeks when I was hoping that I do not get picked up in those rounds because I know I am short of 12 months and the system rounded it off already. Luckily I got picked up in a draw AFTER I met the 12 month CAD exp.

Such a screwed up mess this is...

chevy

Jan 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maplemadness82 said:
What I don't understand is why they dragged his file all the way till the end from IN PROGRESS to APPLICATION RECEIVED to IN PROCESS phases.
This should have been caught in COMPLETENESS CHECK phase itself which is a week or two after he submitted the app.
Very well said maplemadness82, this should be done in the earlier stage where they check for completeness and eligibility review in Sydney office...

ajit90

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2015
AOR Received.
29-05-2015
Med's Done....
passed -10.06.2015
Kucuy15 said:

This is the best start to the weekend EVER! :) So grateful for all the help I got through this forum!

thats a great start to the best weekend. many congrats Kucuy

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kucuy15 said:

So glad to hear it! Congratulations, and happy landing!

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maplemadness82 said:
I know! Or in the eligibility phase - I think that's where they count points. But the length of time it took to reject him is one reason I feel so bad for him!

hrc7777

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
Guys,,,,My patience is really being tested,,,,I got ITA on 27th March, Medicals passed and in process since 15th Aug.,,,I submitted additional documents on 14th sept.,,,,Seniors,,,,can you please give a thought abt my chances? What is the probability that I will be rejected now?

hrc7777

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
hrc7777 said:
Guys,,,,My patience is really being tested,,,,I got ITA on 27th March, Medicals passed and in process since 15th Aug.,,,I submitted additional documents on 14th sept.,,,,Seniors,,,,can you please give a thought abt my chances? What is the probability that I will be rejected now?
FYI,,,I got AOR on 25th April

1234plm

May 23, 2015
Got my PPR!!! Apr ITA.. May AOR..Sep PPR..

This forum helped me a lot.. thank you all!

I am a May 2015 Applicant and This is my timeline:

Category - Inland FSW
April 10 – ITA
May 9 – AOR
June 10 - Medicals Passed, BG Check In Progress
July 7 – Acccess to WES report requested
Sep 9 - RPRF (Paid Same Day)
Sep 18 - Docs requested; submitted same day
Sep 20 - 2 ghost emails
Sep 21 - ECAS Decision

Sep 25 - PPR (at 10:24 pm EST) !!!