+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Those who applied for Study Permit from 19th June onwards

priyanair

Star Member
Mar 11, 2014
Friends,

This is a place for those who applied for Student Visa on or after 19th of June and to know their status with others.

Please mention the category and vfs office along with the date of file transfer.

All the best.

aparna.bhardwaj

Star Member
Jun 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mumbai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
27-06-2014
Med's Request
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
16-07-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2014
LANDED..........
28-08-2014
Category: University(Univ of Calgary)
VFS: Mumbai
Date of application submission: 26 June

priyanair

Star Member
Mar 11, 2014
Aparna , I am sure by 10th of July you will get the Visa , that is the maximum limit. You have applied in University category that gives you an added advantage.

aparna.bhardwaj

Star Member
Jun 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mumbai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
27-06-2014
Med's Request
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
16-07-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2014
LANDED..........
28-08-2014
priyanair said:
Aparna , I am sure by 10th of July you will get the Visa , that is the maximum limit. You have applied in University category that gives you an added advantage.
Oh really is it like that? Umm..curious but is it because it has something to the university being public? I am being fully funded by the university in the form of TA. So lets see because there are a couple of things i have missed in the form. :(
I wish you all the best too! :) What are the details of your application?

mehtab_gill

Jun 15, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
priyanair said:
Friends,

This is a place for those who applied for Student Visa on or after 19th of June and to know their status with others.

Please mention the category and vfs office along with the date of file transfer.

All the best.
26th June
VFS chandigarh
Category - university (McGill University)

priyanair

Star Member
Mar 11, 2014
aparna.bhardwaj said:
Oh really is it like that? Umm..curious but is it because it has something to the university being public? I am being fully funded by the university in the form of TA. So lets see because there are a couple of things i have missed in the form. :(
I wish you all the best too! :) What are the details of your application?
Concordia University, 19th June , Bangalore VFS .

What are the the things you missed ?

aparna.bhardwaj

Star Member
Jun 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mumbai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
27-06-2014
Med's Request
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
16-07-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2014
LANDED..........
28-08-2014
priyanair said:
Concordia University, 19th June , Bangalore VFS .

What are the the things you missed ?
1.Not submitted marksheets and degree certi;submitted transcripts which specify degree and marks both(not certified but that's ok because they are in english) !
2.In the student permit application form, under the source of funds option, i put others: TA+Myself+Parents. However,in the student questionnaire form, under the table where I need to mention the primary financial support, i just put my dad's name. But i dont know how big is this thing because in the covering letters of mine n his,i have mentioned tht although i hv received funds from univ n i hv funds earned through my job,dad will be a financial support. But it may seem lack of info because by not mentioning my own name it may look like i hv not been employed. I have mentioned the details under the recent sctivities though.
3.No proof of english profiency test given. This was a question asked in the form i filled at VAC(toefl in my case and this ques is not in the form available on cic website and hence, didn't carry my toefl score) n since under the 'strongly recommended list',only ielts is given, i didnt put my toefl score.
Maybe im overthinking too much but i have not been satisfied with my overall application as i feel i have been careless :(I pray still it gets through. Sorry to bother with such a long text but this is my detailed reason for dissatisfaction.

tusharnayyer

May 29, 2013
aparna.bhardwaj said:
1.Not submitted marksheets and degree certi;submitted transcripts which specify degree and marks both(not certified but that's ok because they are in english) !
2.In the student permit application form, under the source of funds option, i put others: TA+Myself+Parents. However,in the student questionnaire form, under the table where I need to mention the primary financial support, i just put my dad's name. But i dont know how big is this thing because in the covering letters of mine n his,i have mentioned tht although i hv received funds from univ n i hv funds earned through my job,dad will be a financial support. But it may seem lack of info because by not mentioning my own name it may look like i hv not been employed. I have mentioned the details under the recent sctivities though.
3.No proof of english profiency test given. This was a question asked in the form i filled at VAC(toefl in my case and this ques is not in the form available on cic website and hence, didn't carry my toefl score) n since under the 'strongly recommended list',only ielts is given, i didnt put my toefl score.
Maybe im overthinking too much but i have not been satisfied with my overall application as i feel i have been careless :(I pray still it gets through. Sorry to bother with such a long text but this is my detailed reason for dissatisfaction.
If your admission letter didnt specify conditional due to ielts I dont think it should be an issue. Univ rules as against college is kind of more relaxed. Concordia being in Quebec where French is of major concern officials again might be more relaxed. But thats just my theory ! Good luck!

aparna.bhardwaj

Star Member
Jun 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mumbai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
27-06-2014
Med's Request
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
16-07-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2014
LANDED..........
28-08-2014
tusharnayyer said:
If your admission letter didnt specify conditional due to ielts I dont think it should be an issue. Univ rules as against college is kind of more relaxed. Concordia being in Quebec where French is of major concern officials again might be more relaxed. But thats just my theory ! Good luck!
Hi Tushar,
Yes, there's no conditional offer.To clarify, My University is University of Calgary, not in a french province. I would have been relaxed otherwise. Anyway, just like after giving an exam, we shouldn't discuss much I guess this is the best for me., to wait n see.

priyanair

Star Member
Mar 11, 2014
aparna.bhardwaj said:
The only thing that is a problem here is that you didn't submit the copy of your degree , that is the only issue. Other than that I feel everything else is OK .Many have got Visa without IELTS for University category. By the way the visa officer should have some sense to understand that no University will give admission to you without you being a holder of a Bachelors Degree, so I guess that is also OK ...

Lets pray for the best.

yasir8959

Mar 26, 2013
Applied on 19th. Gave biometrics on 23rd june. VHS karachi. MSc Brock Uni. Some people are saying about academic docs and etc. I have applied electronically. Are we supposed to submit them? There isnt any place to upload the transcripts, is there?