Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
30-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2017
LANDED..........
19-12-2017
Useful post. However, I am not sure how up-to-date it is. For instance, I don't one should carry a PR Card Application with him. At least, nobody has mentioned such a thing on the most recent landing experiences.

Manzana

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
Useful post. However, I am not sure how up-to-date it is. For instance, I don't one should carry a PR Card Application with him. At least, nobody has mentioned such a thing on the most recent landing experiences.
Hi! I have, to tell you the truth, questioned that as well. I just think, as a new permanent resident, our spouses must fill an application for one at the airport.. I am having my husband bring one in case he needs it. Maybe someone that has already landed can pls weigh in?!?

microntek

Jan 4, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Rome, Italy
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-03-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
31-03-2017
Med's Done....
02-06-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
30-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2017
LANDED..........
19-12-2017
Hi! I have, to tell you the truth, questioned that as well. I just think, as a new permanent resident, our spouses must fill an application for one at the airport.. I am having my husband bring one in case he needs it. Maybe someone that has already landed can pls weigh in?!?
I have just landed and I can confirm that no application for the PR card is required (even for dependent family members). You are just asked to sign your CoPR (after the CBSA officer has signed his part) and you are done.

Edit: However, I am not sure whether there is a different procedure for the family sponsorship path.

Reactions: piya and Manzana

Manzana

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
I have just landed and I can confirm that no application for the PR card is required (even for dependent family members). You are just asked to sign your CoPR (after the CBSA officer has signed his part) and you are done.
Thx so much microntek for taking the time to let us know. Congratulations btw!! Have a wonderful Christmas and enjoy time well spent with your spouse!! :) Cheers!!

Reactions: microntek

michimoo

Jul 31, 2017

Edit: However, I am not sure whether there is a different procedure for the family sponsorship path.
Do you know how it works if you require a visa to enter Canada? I know that in addition to the Confirmation of PR letter, you also get an immigration visa in your passport. I have both these things, but the immigration visa is valid for a single entry only.

The reason this is a dilemma for me is:
I got my COPR and immigration visa yesterday and we're visiting Canada for the holidays on Sunday. We're immigrating there next year. Should I use my immigration visa to enter for the holiday or should I save my immigration visa for when we actually immigrate there next year? I have a temporary residence permit (travel visa from a previous visit - it's still valid) which I can use instead of the immigration visa. Does anyone know if that would be okay?

Manzana

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
Do you know how it works if you require a visa to enter Canada? I know that in addition to the Confirmation of PR letter, you also get an immigration visa in your passport. I have both these things, but the immigration visa is valid for a single entry only.

I got my COPR and immigration visa yesterday and we're visiting Canada for the holidays on Sunday. We're immigrating there next year. Should I use my immigration visa to enter for the holiday or should I save my immigration visa for when we actually immigrate there next year? I have a temporary residence permit (travel visa from a previous visit - it's still valid) which I can use instead of the immigration visa. Does anyone know if that would be okay?
Hi michimoo!
I am completely clueless. If no one weighs in your best bet is to call CIC maybe?, as you do not want to do something that will get you in trouble on the spot or later.

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017

Just because you have your CoPR (and visa), it does not mean you MUST activate it when you go to Canada for a visit, it is up to you to tell CBSA that you are landing as PR and want to activate your CoPR (and start the next phase which is to get your PR Card). If they query anything on your visit, just explain that this is a short visit and that you will land as PR later - perfectly fine.

It is however vital that you land and declare PR before the expiry date shown on your CoPR.

Stuff on landing here:

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Landing_as_PR-Canada

Also, you will normally already have paid for your first PR card as part of your application and do NOT need to fill in a separate application form for this. If you can supply a Canadian residential address for PR Card delivery, they will get your PR card application going as part of the CoPR landing process.

piya

Star Member
Feb 4, 2012
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
19-11-2017
Doc's Request.
21-11-2017
Nomination.....
29-01-2018
AOR Received.
18-01-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
3-2-2018
Med's Request
5-2-2018
Med's Done....
19-2-2018

Thank so much for taking your time and sharing with us
Have a wonderful Christmas!