Passport Req..
March 12, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2012
LANDED..........
January 2013
SanRoque said:
Hi lloydnina,

Where did you search for your housing accommodation?

Thanks.
Hi i searched airbnb canada for our first 6wks of stay in toronto. Then i looked on kijiji for our 6 months furnished basement. Its hard to look and enquire if ur still out if canada but airbnb is quite good as you can pay them online and asked them about the place. It is slightly higher than other short term accom but you csn be asured that ur first few weeks will not be a nightmare.

lloydnina

May 6, 2010
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2010
AOR Received.
sept 2010
IELTS Request
done
File Transfer...
may 2010
Med's Request
Jan 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 22,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 12, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2012
LANDED..........
January 2013
ASFAT said:
hi lloydnina: thanks for this informative tread you have started. surely it will be a great help for soon to land immigrants in toronto like us ;D

me, my spouse and 2 kids (5yo & 2yo) will be moving to canada hopefully sooner than later (we are now just waiting for our ppr from our vo in cem) :) we are choosing between vancouver & toronto since we have relatives & friends in both places. but we are leaning toward toronto because ontario is the only province that has both public and catholic schools (elementary & high school) and since we are from the philippines that are more inclined into a catholic schools and thought of the same in sending our kids to school. our relatives who will help us lives in brampton (gta) but we prefer toronto. our preference in choosing a place is the school's overall rankings in toronto district. ;D

how i wish i can ask you more about medical radiation technologist (radtech) registration since it is also regulated just like nurses in ontario. ;D but if you do bump somebody who willing to share the in/outs in becoming a register radtech am more that happy to listen. ;D ;D ;D

again many thanks to you lloydnina!
Thanks, ill take note of that. Just a piece of advice, it will definitely a good idea if u submit an application for rad tech registration even ur still out of canada. By this, u wont spend much time waiting for it as per my experience.

ASFAT

Star Member
Mar 22, 2013
lloydnina said:
Thanks, ill take note of that. Just a piece of advice, it will definitely a good idea if u submit an application for rad tech registration even ur still out of canada. By this, u wont spend much time waiting for it as per my experience.
happy independence day to you kababayan & thank you in advance in bumping some radtechs in your workplace! ;D
we already started gathering the stuff that we will be needing for the registration. :)

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
lloydnina said:
Yes, preparation is the key. It took me around 18 months before they allowed me to be registered as a nurse and all of that 18 months is prior to our landing. One important thing that new immigrant should leave in their country is EXPECTATION. In my case, i did not. So, the first 3 months here is really a struggle and depression. I would lie if i say i did not think of going back, however, my effort paid off. If you don't expect then you won't get disappointed. Whatever happens, just do what you can do...and it will definitely get better.

Lloydnina,
Yes i agree with you.I am in Calgary and having same feeling like you. In my case i have one thing that keeps me going. my daughter likes it very much here. My is not good because i am a teacher and it is hard because of the accent thing.

Please could you advice me. I am doing a survival job at the moment and today i got an accident at work. I do not know what to do right now.

I bought the drugs myself and i do not know how it works here.

Hope someone can advise me on how to do.

Canadaforall.

muscattocanada

Star Member
May 14, 2011
muscat
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
Mar 2010
AOR Received.
APR 2010... 2nd AOR Aug 2010
File Transfer...
july 2010
Med's Request
15th Feb 2012
Med's Done....
5th may 2012
Interview........
wavied
Passport Req..
Dec 18th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
feb 23rd 2013
@Lloydnina

can you please let me know if you recived your PR card and how long does it take ..

rsb2010

Star Member
Mar 30, 2011
Mohali
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi 0111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 2010
Med's Done....
Apr 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2014
LANDED..........
Mar 2014
hi lloydnina, i am wating for my visa. i want to utilize this time for getting some canadian education.
could you please refer some site where i can give canadian exams online.
your guidance will be of great help.

thanks

ItsBeenLongNow

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
muscattocanada said:
@ Lloydnina

can you please let me know if you recived your PR card and how long does it take ..
Check the CIC official website, currently it states 63 days

muscattocanada

Star Member
May 14, 2011
muscat
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
Mar 2010
AOR Received.
APR 2010... 2nd AOR Aug 2010
File Transfer...
july 2010
Med's Request
15th Feb 2012
Med's Done....
5th may 2012
Interview........
wavied
Passport Req..
Dec 18th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
feb 23rd 2013
@ItsBeenLongNow
Check the CIC official website, currently it states 63 days
That I know ... but each applicant gets it after different dates ... just wanted know recently how much time it takes ... 1 person who landed on April 1st week has still not got the cards....

lloydnina

May 6, 2010
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2010
AOR Received.
sept 2010
IELTS Request
done
File Transfer...
may 2010
Med's Request
Jan 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 22,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 12, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2012
LANDED..........
January 2013
canadaforall said:
Lloydnina,
Yes i agree with you.I am in Calgary and having same feeling like you. In my case i have one thing that keeps me going. my daughter likes it very much here. My is not good because i am a teacher and it is hard because of the accent thing.

Please could you advice me. I am doing a survival job at the moment and today i got an accident at work. I do not know what to do right now.

I bought the drugs myself and i do not know how it works here.

Hope someone can advise me on how to do.

Canadaforall.
Hi, im sorry to hear about ur accident. What i know is right after you land you can apply for a healthcard... How to apply instruction would be in the welcome package that was guven to you at the airport when u arrive or at the govt website. Right after u applied, they will give u a cert saying ur covered then ur healthcard will be mailed to u aftr 2-3 wks. With ur letter u can go to any walk in clinic and present it to them. They will give u free consultation and referrals if needed. However, u need to buy the prescribed meds as its not covered here in canada unless u are an inpatient or u have private insurance.

Its good u are getting strenght from ur daughter. Most of the times that will keep us striving so just keep it up. Teaching is a regulated profession so u might need to start getting infos regarding how to be a registered teacher. I wish u goodluck snd i hope i helped a bit.

lloydnina

May 6, 2010
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2010
AOR Received.
sept 2010
IELTS Request
done
File Transfer...
may 2010
Med's Request
Jan 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 22,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 12, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2012
LANDED..........
January 2013
rsb2010 said:
hi lloydnina, i am wating for my visa. i want to utilize this time for getting some canadian education.
could you please refer some site where i can give canadian exams online.
your guidance will be of great help.

thanks
Hi, what is ur background?

Sarass01

Star Member
Nov 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London CHC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2009
Doc's Request.
Jan 2010
AOR Received.
Jan 2010
IELTS Request
Already Submitted along with application
Med's Request
Received 27/01/2012 and august 2012
Med's Done....
February 2012 and september 12
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
January 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 2013
LANDED..........
August 2013
Hi Lloydnina,

I am a reg nurse.Planning to land in Toronto next monthstaying for a week and returning after paperworks.I have a registration in anothr canadian province ,so im planning to get registration in Toronto.How is the job market in Toronto for nurses.Is oit very hard to get fulltime job there?
thanks a million.

RW

Jul 20, 2013
Thanks for sharing your story.I plan to land in Canada this September, but intend to move there permanently after one year.I just want to know if I should make it clear to the border security at the time of interview that I am here only for a week for the initial landing step and I will permanently move a year later.Also since I will only be going there for a week do I have to carry the required amount of funds as mentioned in the CIC site.Is it mandatory to carry all the funds even if you not permanently moving just yet?

christine1225

Oct 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lloydnina said:
Yes, preparation is the key. It took me around 18 months before they allowed me to be registered as a nurse and all of that 18 months is prior to our landing. One important thing that new immigrant should leave in their country is EXPECTATION. In my case, i did not. So, the first 3 months here is really a struggle and depression. I would lie if i say i did not think of going back, however, my effort paid off. If you don't expect then you won't get disappointed. Whatever happens, just do what you can do...and it will definitely get better.
hi how did you prepare so u can take the board exam straight u didnt go to study?