+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

This is me. Do you think I am eligible for PR?

ishangodbole

Feb 26, 2018
Thank you for your honest responses. Also, I am unemployed for the last few months...
I am willing to do this on my own but if I hire a lawyer from canada (as my sister suggested) will that better my chance or shorten the process?
Thanks
Neither.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for your honest responses. Also, I am unemployed for the last few months...
I am willing to do this on my own but if I hire a lawyer from canada (as my sister suggested) will that better my chance or shorten the process?
Thanks
No - having a lawyer won't increase your chances or shorten the process.

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Like others suggested, start with calculating your CRS score. If it's under 450, it is going to be a tough one. Creating an Express Entry profile does not hurt because there is a chance a province might send a notification of interest to your profile which will almost guarantee you an ITA (you will still need to get the nomination from a province to guarantee an ITA, NOI does not guarantee you an ITA).

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Lol . this means there's no hope ??
There's always some hope.

Just difficult due to your age. So hard to say if it will be possible.

Catmom

May 28, 2020
Thank you everyone. Inorder to test my CRS score, I need IELTS marks... Shall I take that test right away? Is there a mock test that I can take before applying for the final exams?
If I am being honest, learning french in a year sounds a little challenging right now, tempting nevertheless. I will have to start from the scratch and I will be 37 in December :D:p

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
Thank you everyone. Inorder to test my CRS score, I need IELTS marks... Shall I take that test right away? Is there a mock test that I can take before applying for the final exams?
If I am being honest, learning french in a year sounds a little challenging right now, tempting nevertheless. I will have to start from the scratch and I will be 37 in December :D:p
Let me make this simple for you

1 - As everyone suggested, do your CRS calculation and see the score.
2 - Put IELTS as maximum points for the sake of calculating points.
3 - If you do have a masters degree from India, choose, 2 or more degrees. Very few masters from India get masters points.
4 - If you only have a bachelors degree, choose that.
5 - See the final score. If it is less than 460, It becomes tough. Even A PNP isn't possible since Journalist and digital marketing professionals wont get a PNP.
6 - You said you are turning 37 soon... so I would think your score will be around 435 or 440. Highly unlikely to qualify.
7 - It doesn't matter if you do through a lawyer, a consultant or yourself. The rules of qualifying is same for everyone. It doesn't make any difference.
8 - You can always learn french and try?

2016-2017 were the easiest years to qualify. Those days are long gone and its only getting tougher and tougher to move to Canada.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Catmom

May 28, 2020
Let me make this simple for you

1 - As everyone suggested, do your CRS calculation and see the score.
2 - Put IELTS as maximum points for the sake of calculating points.
3 - If you do have a masters degree from India, choose, 2 or more degrees. Very few masters from India get masters points.
4 - If you only have a bachelors degree, choose that.
5 - See the final score. If it is less than 460, It becomes tough. Even A PNP isn't possible since Journalist and digital marketing professionals wont get a PNP.
6 - You said you are turning 37 soon... so I would think your score will be around 435 or 440. Highly unlikely to qualify.
7 - It doesn't matter if you do through a lawyer, a consultant or yourself. The rules of qualifying is same for everyone. It doesn't make any difference.
8 - You can always learn french and try?

2016-2017 were the easiest years to qualify. Those days are long gone and its only getting tougher and tougher to move to Canada.

Thanks!
Thank you so much. Checked my score. It is coming to 418.. Highly unlikely to qualify.
Would it be wise to give up on this dream and pursue something else? I mean, I have only invested 24 hours so far in this

Thanks

Last edited:

Catmom

May 28, 2020
Thank you. Will check this out. What about studying in Canada? I have always wanted to do my masters in a foreign university. I have good savings with me. When do you reckon Canada might open borders for foreign students? Will that help in getting a mature student grab a PR.

Regarding, how badly I want to go to Canada? I am quite keen. I love nature. I love trail running. I don't have that option here in Mumbai. I have chosen to not get married and have a family so far and I love my independence when I live or travel abroad. I want to live free and run free around nature. Camp outside. It sounds materialist but that's the selfish life I aspire to lead for myself. Canada sounds like an easy and relaxed country that will suit my minimalist and 'mind my own business' lifestyle

Reactions: Islander216

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Doing a Master's in Canada would be a great way to help you immigrate to Canada.

Well worth looking into.

The nature here is gorgeous.

• Love
Reactions: Catmom

Catmom

May 28, 2020
Awesome. I'll divert my energy in that direction and hope it leads me somewhere...
Any advise on 'How to Apply for Studying in Canada' will help...
Thanks