+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

this is a letter from MPNP official answer about "PR move to another province "

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

rochellyheart said:
How about the MPNP sponsors, will not be affected if the person they sponsored moved out of the province earlier than 2 years? Because, I sponsored my niece here in Manitoba but it's not yet even a year that she wanted to move to Alberta. Will I be banned to sponsor another relative again, if she moved out of Manitoba earlier than 2 years?
1 Yesm You won't be able support another application for MPNP in the future,

roanne01zelle

Jul 29, 2014
Hi
Apoligize to post question in ur forum
But ur expert advice is highly appreciated

I will land in manitoba on april 2018 under MPNP. I plan to settle in province as iam a single mom with my 9yrs old son but in certain situation i got pregnant again by my irish fiance . I am on 3rd month pregnancy. I will still travel to canada and give birth in canada and after few month i will travel in and out to canada /ireland to be with his dad and return to canada to comply with residency requirement of 3 yrs

My inquiries are:
1. How long i am allowed to be outside canada.
2. Is it allowed to complete the 3 yrs RO but not in a continuous yr as i will travel in and out of the country
2. Does my sponsor which is my cousin will be barred or affected sponsoring another relatives while im out of canada.
3. Is it possible to give a temporary guardianship to my sister for my 10 yrs old son to look after him and school while im out of canada.

Im in a bit complicated situation and i dont know what right decision to think.

Please Anyone can give advice or in an experience please let me know .
Thabks in advance

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hi
Apoligize to post question in ur forum
But ur expert advice is highly appreciated

I will land in manitoba on april 2018 under MPNP. I plan to settle in province as iam a single mom with my 9yrs old son but in certain situation i got pregnant again by my irish fiance . I am on 3rd month pregnancy. I will still travel to canada and give birth in canada and after few month i will travel in and out to canada /ireland to be with his dad and return to canada to comply with residency requirement of 3 yrs

My inquiries are:
1. How long i am allowed to be outside canada.
2. Is it allowed to complete the 3 yrs RO but not in a continuous yr as i will travel in and out of the country
2. Does my sponsor which is my cousin will be barred or affected sponsoring another relatives while im out of canada.
3. Is it possible to give a temporary guardianship to my sister for my 10 yrs old son to look after him and school while im out of canada.

Im in a bit complicated situation and i dont know what right decision to think.

Please Anyone can give advice or in an experience please let me know .
Thabks in advance
Once you land you can stay out of Canada for almost 3 years but then you would need to stay in Canada for 2 years straight without leaving.

The residency obligation requires you to accumulate 2 years in the first 5 years from the time you land so any combination as long as total is 2 years. After the initial 5 years the RO is a rolling 5 years so each time you enter the 5 prior years are assessed to ensure you have 2 years accumulated.

You will need your PR card to fly back to Canada else a PRTD so keep that in mind from your initial landing although if you are giving birth in Canada would assume post landing that will be long enough for PR card to arrive.

Cannot answer questions 3/4 so expect someone else will feedback.

Your new born will be Canadian at birth so you need to do some research on applying for the new born passport if you intend to travel to Ireland.

Note if eventually you intend to apply for citizenship then you need 3 years physical presence in the 5 years before a citizenship application

Last edited:

roanne01zelle

Jul 29, 2014
Once you land you can stay out of Canada for almost 3 years but then you would need to stay in Canada for 2 years straight without leaving.

The residency obligation requires you to accumulate 2 years in the first 5 years from the time you land so any combination as long as total is 2 years. After the initial 5 years the RO is a rolling 5 years so each time you enter the 5 prior years are assessed to ensure you have 2 years accumulated.

You will need your PR card to fly back to Canada else a PRTD so keep that in mind from your initial landing although if you are giving birth in Canada would assume post landing that will be long enough for PR card to arrive.

Cannot answer questions 3/4 so expect someone else will feedback.

Your new born will be Canadian at birth so you need to do some research on applying for the new born passport if you intend to travel to Ireland.

Note if eventually you intend to apply for citizenship then you need 3 years physical presence in the 5 years before a citizenship application
Thank you so much bs65 for your quick details of feedback. It does help me to lighten my thinking .

Hopefully other insight on other question can be answer by others.

permafrost_can

Nov 16, 2017
Category........
Hi I am new to this Website. My question is regarding my pnp family support Winnipeg. I came to Winnipeg in October and stayed in Winnipeg for one month as I got my pr card within one month. My marriage was fixed so I had to fly bak to India. I m going to return back now to Winnipeg. Problem is my relatives who sponsored me are refusing to keep me with them. I don't he ny job and I am 3 months pregnant. I want to give birth in Canada. Can I move to another province to another relative and give birth there. I also hav to apply for my husband. Can I stay in another province and apply for my husband. One more thing, is there any support or help for pregnant women I can apply for. I don't have anybody else in Winnipeg and I can't stay alone due to my pregnancy. Please help !
If you decide to stay in Manitoba, come to the Immigrant Centre. They will explain to you how to apply for child benefits once you have a baby, and your options for work and income support. If you move to other provinces I don't really know who would be able to give that help but I assume there are similar organizations all over.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you go stay in Ireland for months you will need to suspend your child benefit and other benefits except maternity benefits if you qualify. I would also look into how many hours you have to work to qualify for maternity benefits. If you plan on being out of the country without your son for more than a week or two you should probably get some papers drawn up that allow your family member to make decisions regarding his care. Kids do things like break bones. Luckily Manitoba gives health care coverage on arrival.