+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

this is a letter from MPNP official answer about "PR move to another province "

Qing666

Feb 4, 2014
Hello.

The MPNP nominated you for Permanent Resident status in Canada based on your declared destination as Winnipeg, Manitoba; the assessment of your potential success in Manitoba as an independent worker. The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom guarantees mobility rights to all citizens and permanent residents of Canada. Mobility rights allow citizens and permanent residents the right to move to, take up residence in and pursue the gaining of a livelihood in any province. However, you may wish to first make sure an appointment with Manitoba Start to discuss any challenges you may be experiencing regarding employment or settlement in Manitoba. Pease call (204) 944-8833 if you would like to schedule an appointment.

Thank you.

Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program

and my letter is like that

Dear officer,

my name is Lisa,I have been landing in Winnipeg for 5 months.However ,I have been in Manitoba for 3 years.I had been study and work here .I like Manitoba really although it's cold.I appreciate that MPNP program support me to move to Canada for a PR.

This year ,I lose my job ,as my boss plan to sell the business .He applied EI for me ,but I don't want to take EI and stay at home for long time .I took the class to improve my English ,and work hard to find the job .put my resume on the job bank ,but nobody give me a call .Long time for staying at home makes me weak and lose hope .I like busy life and no trouble.

so far my friend in Mississauga called me that she will born baby in 2 months and she may be not come back for working ,and she can introduce a job in her company .The news makes me happy .but somebody said i cant leave Manitoba in two years .as i get my PR card go through the international students stream of MNPN.

I can't believe that .So i went to Service Canada to check the words were real or not .The officer in Service Canada tell me that i can move to where i want to move in Canada as i am a legal permanent resident in Canada .

Now I want to get exact answer of that .please tell me can i move to another city to take a job in another city ,for example ,Mississauga.

Thank you very much .

Lisa
2/2/2014

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They just gave you permission to move. The charter of rights and freedoms says that a PR has the right to live and work in any province.

For MPNP, you stated that your intent was to settle in Manitoba. I am sure this was your intent when you applied as well as when you landed.

You signed nothing about any minimum amount of time you would stay in Manitoba.

There is no law that requires a PNP applicant to stay for any set amount of time.

Some people claim that you have to stay 2 years or 3 years or until you get your citizenship or even forever but there is no legal basis to that. They are only rumours.

Nazuk

Apr 13, 2015
Hi I am new to this Website. My question is regarding my pnp family support Winnipeg. I came to Winnipeg in October and stayed in Winnipeg for one month as I got my pr card within one month. My marriage was fixed so I had to fly bak to India. I m going to return back now to Winnipeg. Problem is my relatives who sponsored me are refusing to keep me with them. I don't he ny job and I am 3 months pregnant. I want to give birth in Canada. Can I move to another province to another relative and give birth there. I also hav to apply for my husband. Can I stay in another province and apply for my husband. One more thing, is there any support or help for pregnant women I can apply for. I don't have anybody else in Winnipeg and I can't stay alone due to my pregnancy. Please help !

conche

Apr 12, 2015
Nazuk said:
Hi I am new to this Website. My question is regarding my pnp family support Winnipeg. I came to Winnipeg in October and stayed in Winnipeg for one month as I got my pr card within one month. My marriage was fixed so I had to fly bak to India. I m going to return back now to Winnipeg. Problem is my relatives who sponsored me are refusing to keep me with them. I don't he ny job and I am 3 months pregnant. I want to give birth in Canada. Can I move to another province to another relative and give birth there. I also hav to apply for my husband. Can I stay in another province and apply for my husband. One more thing, is there any support or help for pregnant women I can apply for. I don't have anybody else in Winnipeg and I can't stay alone due to my pregnancy. Please help !
Hi I am also new to this website, We arrived here in Winnipeg last 2013, since then I applied an entry level jobs but no response, so I need to update my skills, I enrolled bookkeeping, computer class and now Payroll, at present I volunteer in my line of profession, it is almost one year and half no income, we are quite hopeless, so we are planning to relocate to another province, but most of what we hear is that we cannot leave, we have to stay for 3 years, but how can we stay here in Winnipeg there is no jobs for us, I have three children going to college,When I read this topic, my long time search for an answer with our problems, I get this website, thank you very much. we will push through with our plans.

next2015

Nov 18, 2014
You are free to settle in any province of your choice. As someone mentioned above, there is no requirement for you to spend any specific amount of time in any given province.

It is true, the PNP certificate is awarded on the assumption that you will settle in the issuing province but there is actually no law that requires you to do so. You are therefore not breaking any law if you choose to move.

conche

Apr 12, 2015
next2015 said:
You are free to settle in any province of your choice. As someone mentioned above, there is no requirement for you to spend any specific amount of time in any given province.

It is true, the PNP certificate is awarded on the assumption that you will settle in the issuing province but there is actually no law that requires you to do so. You are therefore not breaking any law if you choose to move.
Is it true that if you relocate before 3 years, your sponsor can no longer get relatives or friends? I need some clarification on this matter, if the reason for relocation is that they don't have jobs or established economically here in the province, is that a valid reason. We hope that they are still allowed to sponsor some relatives or friends.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
conche said:
Is it true that if you relocate before 3 years, your sponsor can no longer get relatives or friends? I need some clarification on this matter, if the reason for relocation is that they don't have jobs or established economically here in the province, is that a valid reason. We hope that they are still allowed to sponsor some relatives or friends.
The sponsor questionnaire asks for the names of those they sponsored before and where they are living and it also informs them that if their sponsored persons leave Manitoba, they will no longer be eligible to sponsor. As far as I understand, it is therefore not enough to stay in Manitoba for 3 years, you must stay forever in order for your sponsor to be able to continue sponsoring others. However, when in doubt, you can ask the PNP directly.

Sheps

Apr 29, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M/CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2015
Doc's Request.
UPFRONT
Nomination.....
(Wife)
AOR Received.
08-04-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-01-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2015
LANDED..........
18-07-2015
Leon, Wouldn't the government have difficulty enforcing that given that according to the charter of rights, a PR is permitted to move freely about the country? Unfortunately, there is no case law on the books in regards to this but I could see a section 15 or section 6 challenge launched against Manitoba if something like this ever came to head.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sheps said:
Leon, Wouldn't the government have difficulty enforcing that given that according to the charter of rights, a PR is permitted to move freely about the country? Unfortunately, there is no case law on the books in regards to this but I could see a section 15 or section 6 challenge launched against Manitoba if something like this ever came to head.
There are sometimes conditions on a PR though such as in some cases of business class where a PR must fulfill requirements of starting a business, creating x jobs, running that business for x years etc. before the conditions on their PR are lifted. When such conditions are not met, you lose your PR, regardless of the charter of freedoms and rights.

With the PNP's though, there are no conditions on your PR and no binding agreement to stay for x years. In that case, they might certainly have difficulty if they try to go against a PR who has left the province. The only angle I see they could possibly use against a PNP PR who leaves, is misrepresentation and in that case they would have to prove that it was never your intention to settle in their province or at least not your intention any more when you landed. Therefore, I have been advising people that if they want to leave, they should at least land with the intention to stay and not land and leave the province the next day.

However, I haven't heard of any cases of PNP's going after people who leave after landing. A few years ago, immigration instructed immigration officers to take a 2nd look at PNP applicants who are landing outside their PNP province and who the immigration officers do not believe are intending to settle there. I have heard of a couple of cases of people who were refused to land under such circumstances and told to go clear things up with their PNP office.

I heard about one case of a PNP wanting to go after someone whose sponsor had left the province before he landed and therefore was not in the position to help him settle there any more. I did not hear what ended up happening in that case. I suppose that they could accuse the PR of misrepresentation if his sponsor left the province before he landed and he did not inform them.

As for barring people from sponsoring because their already sponsored relatives left the province, it is basically up to the province to decide who gets to sponsor people and if they allow it at all, and that is their criteria. If somebody thinks this is unfair, they can surely sue the PNP and see what happens.

Sanj

Star Member
May 13, 2013
Leon said:
There are sometimes conditions on a PR though such as in some cases of business class where a PR must fulfill requirements of starting a business, creating x jobs, running that business for x years etc. before the conditions on their PR are lifted. When such conditions are not met, you lose your PR, regardless of the charter of freedoms and rights.

With the PNP's though, there are no conditions on your PR and no binding agreement to stay for x years. In that case, they might certainly have difficulty if they try to go against a PR who has left the province. The only angle I see they could possibly use against a PNP PR who leaves, is misrepresentation and in that case they would have to prove that it was never your intention to settle in their province or at least not your intention any more when you landed. Therefore, I have been advising people that if they want to leave, they should at least land with the intention to stay and not land and leave the province the next day.

However, I haven't heard of any cases of PNP's going after people who leave after landing. A few years ago, immigration instructed immigration officers to take a 2nd look at PNP applicants who are landing outside their PNP province and who the immigration officers do not believe are intending to settle there. I have heard of a couple of cases of people who were refused to land under such circumstances and told to go clear things up with their PNP office.

I heard about one case of a PNP wanting to go after someone whose sponsor had left the province before he landed and therefore was not in the position to help him settle there any more. I did not hear what ended up happening in that case. I suppose that they could accuse the PR of misrepresentation if his sponsor left the province before he landed and he did not inform them.

As for barring people from sponsoring because their already sponsored relatives left the province, it is basically up to the province to decide who gets to sponsor people and if they allow it at all, and that is their criteria. If somebody thinks this is unfair, they can surely sue the PNP and see what happens.
Hello Leon,

I got Pr under AINP and after 3-4 months of my PR moved to different province (my spouse got admission in MB).
Do we have to inform AINP when i get my PR in written?
I called the call center for AINP and they said you are free to move but there are chances AINP could see you as misrepresenting the information as you mentioned you intend to live in Alberta.
They said mention the reason of move when you send them your PR information along with current address?
I am so much confused, have no one to ask these questions as the lawyers in MB know nothing about Alberta laws.

Leon Please help!!!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sanj said:
Hello Leon,

I got Pr under AINP and after 3-4 months of my PR moved to different province (my spouse got admission in MB).
Do we have to inform AINP when i get my PR in written?
I called the call center for AINP and they said you are free to move but there are chances AINP could see you as misrepresenting the information as you mentioned you intend to live in Alberta.
They said mention the reason of move when you send them your PR information along with current address?
I am so much confused, have no one to ask these questions as the lawyers in MB know nothing about Alberta laws.

Leon Please help!!!
What do you mean "get your PR in written"? You already have your PR, you landed as a PR and got your PR card, right? Who are you sending your PR information along with your current address and why?

If you do want to inform AINP that you moved, not that you have to, you should be clear that you did not intend to move when you applied for PR or when you landed.

Sanj

Star Member
May 13, 2013
Leon said:
What do you mean "get your PR in written"? You already have your PR, you landed as a PR and got your PR card, right? Who are you sending your PR information along with your current address and why?

If you do want to inform AINP that you moved, not that you have to, you should be clear that you did not intend to move when you applied for PR or when you landed.
Thank you so much for your reply

I was in Alberta since 7 years and after I got my PR me and my spouse stayed there for at-least 4 months before we moved. When i moved out of province I called AINP and asked if it is fine to move and they said "when you are a PR you can move anywhere in Canada" so we moved.
I read on AINP website saying:
"Notify the AINP as soon as you become a Permanent Resident. It is a requirement to notify us once you have become a Permanent Resident in Alberta. Fax us with your date and place of Permanent Residence, with your current contact information to (780) 427-6560.

After you have become a Permanent Resident the AINP will contact you to complete two brief surveys, as required by CIC"

So I called AINP and the agent asked me to send the above asked information and mention the reason of our move and they said it is upto AINP to see if you misrepresented about your intentions to stay permanently in the province or your move is fine.

Is it mandatory to inform AINP about your PR info with current contact details or no?

Please advise.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So did you notify AINP when you got your PR 4 months before you moved? If you did, you have fulfilled your part of the bargain. You are not obligated to notify AINP about your new address every time you move.

I don't think you are in any danger of being accused of misrepresentation. You stayed 4 months after you got your PR and so they can not say you were necessarily planning on moving when you landed as a PR. You also asked them if you could move and they said yes.

Sanj said:

I was in Alberta since 7 years and after I got my PR me and my spouse stayed there for at-least 4 months before we moved. When i moved out of province I called AINP and asked if it is fine to move and they said "when you are a PR you can move anywhere in Canada" so we moved.
"Notify the AINP as soon as you become a Permanent Resident. It is a requirement to notify us once you have become a Permanent Resident in Alberta. Fax us with your date and place of Permanent Residence, with your current contact information to (780) 427-6560.

After you have become a Permanent Resident the AINP will contact you to complete two brief surveys, as required by CIC"

So I called AINP and the agent asked me to send the above asked information and mention the reason of our move and they said it is upto AINP to see if you misrepresented about your intentions to stay permanently in the province or your move is fine.

Is it mandatory to inform AINP about your PR info with current contact details or no?

Please advise.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sanj said:

Please advise.
You are one of those who just worry too much. When it comes to misrepresentation, a PNP nominee moving to another province is the least of their worries. In fact there has not been one single case in courts, here in the forum or anywhere where someone lost PR status after moving to another province even immediately after landing. And yes there are thousands who moved within 6 months after landing. You really think CIC is going to go after everyone who moved and see if they had the intention of moving before they landed? No. The only time this will happen is if they get challenge the constitution or if they can exceptions. Neither if those will ever happen. As a PR you are free to move anywhere.

rochellyheart

Jul 29, 2015
How about the MPNP sponsors, will not be affected if the person they sponsored moved out of the province earlier than 2 years? Because, I sponsored my niece here in Manitoba but it's not yet even a year that she wanted to move to Alberta. Will I be banned to sponsor another relative again, if she moved out of Manitoba earlier than 2 years?