+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thinking to move back to India

Aagaaz

Oct 20, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I would like to get an advice from all of you who are reading my post, as I am thinking to go back to my India Chandigarh because of feeling so lonely, and not liking the quality of job and as you know here is no stability of jobs and little bit about my background I just turned 23 last December and I have completed my 2 years diploma from Centennial College in Business Marketing and I came to Canada right after my +2 just to get some exposure and have a experience in my life which I have gained and now as per my observation I don't feel happy at all in Canada due weather conditions and being alone in this country. So, I would like to get an advice from you do you think it's a good idea to go back and start a small scale restaurant business.

I have seen many youngster come here like me and tie themselves with such a situation in which they are not happy but they are struggling just for dollars by not doing any job in their own field and Canada provides all labour jobs to international students.

Currently, I am on my work permit which is valid until 2020 august. But, I feel like I am wasting my time by not doing something I want. So, please suggest as per your experience what should I do

Thank you so much

I am looking forward to hearing replies based on your personal opinion

Regards

Aagaaz Tandon

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Absolutely, if you feel you will be happier back home definitely go back. If you can get a job which will give you express entry points for at least 1 year that would be good to have.

Reactions: Aagaaz

Aagaaz

Oct 20, 2018
Well I am getting a job in a restaurant and the employer is supporting for PNP but I am not sure if I will be happy doing that. I think I am overthinking!!

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Well I am getting a job in a restaurant and the employer is supporting for PNP but I am not sure if I will be happy doing that. I think I am overthinking!!
I call it boredom and romantic notion of hunky dory things back home. You are in the last leg to get your PR. Give your best try and see how it goes.

All the best

Reactions: Aagaaz

sheikh.abaz

Star Member
May 11, 2018
Brother .. Do what you think will make you and your family happy..Unfortunately we have tied our satisfaction with what people think of us..What can be better than having your own business even if it is small,that earns you peace. I would suggest you to get PR and come back to India. Start your business and whenever you feel the right time has come, FLY !

Reactions: Avtar_15

Avtar_15

Star Member
Jul 29, 2018
India
Category........
compl
Brother .. Do what you think will make you and your family happy..Unfortunately we have tied our satisfaction with what people think of us..What can be better than having your own business even if it is small,that earns you peace. I would suggest you to get PR and come back to India. Start your business and whenever you feel the right time has come, FLY ![/Q
Completely ageee with your thoughts.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Lol!! I agree!!

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts. I highly appreciate that!!
Phases of life dear. Haste makes waste. After PR go back and explore. If you succeed well and good and if not you have Canada to fall back on.

A family member here was in similar predicament as you. Spent 3 years in India. Came back got into real estate. Doing exceptionally well now. He's quite happy as well and family is happy seeing him happy and well settled.

Good Luck

RedWhite

Jul 7, 2018
Hi Aagaaz,

Advice in short: Get the PR card, and then take a break from Canada. Maybe spend some time in India (6 months - 1 year), before you take a final long-term decision on building a life in Canada versus India.

You have already invested in studying in Canada, and you are currently working in Canada. It is many people's dream to have what you have.
If you quit now, without getting the PR, you will not have the option to come back to Canada (without investing significant time/money again)

I believe that that Canadian PR and citizenship is special because it allows you access to opportunities, and quality of lifestyle that are really hard to get in India. You are just getting started with your career and life. It is very hard to know today, what you will want 5 years or 10 years later.

It can be very valuable to have an easy option back to Canada.
If you come back to India after getting the PR, then you have the option of going back easily, just in case you get bored of life in India after 6 months or 1 year.

Winters in Canada are tough. To make life more bearable try getting involved in the community, pick-up a hobby, learn something new, go skiing, or go watch the aurora-borealis, OR just binge watch Netflix, whatever suits you.
Sometimes you just need to keep working towards your short-term goal, even if you have to sacrifice short-term happiness.
Remember, night is darkest just before the dawn.

Cheers!

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hi Aagaaz,

Advice in short: Get the PR card, and then take a break from Canada. Maybe spend some time in India (6 months - 1 year), before you take a final long-term decision on building a life in Canada versus India.

You have already invested in studying in Canada, and you are currently working in Canada. It is many people's dream to have what you have.
If you quit now, without getting the PR, you will not have the option to come back to Canada (without investing significant time/money again)

I believe that that Canadian PR and citizenship is special because it allows you access to opportunities, and quality of lifestyle that are really hard to get in India. You are just getting started with your career and life. It is very hard to know today, what you will want 5 years or 10 years later.

It can be very valuable to have an easy option back to Canada.
If you come back to India after getting the PR, then you have the option of going back easily, just in case you get bored of life in India after 6 months or 1 year.

Winters in Canada are tough. To make life more bearable try getting involved in the community, pick-up a hobby, learn something new, go skiing, or go watch the aurora-borealis, OR just binge watch Netflix, whatever suits you.
Sometimes you just need to keep working towards your short-term goal, even if you have to sacrifice short-term happiness.
Remember, night is darkest just before the dawn.

Cheers!
The best comment. +++

yash32

Jan 12, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I would like to get an advice from all of you who are reading my post, as I am thinking to go back to my India Chandigarh because of feeling so lonely, and not liking the quality of job and as you know here is no stability of jobs and little bit about my background I just turned 23 last December and I have completed my 2 years diploma from Centennial College in Business Marketing and I came to Canada right after my +2 just to get some exposure and have a experience in my life which I have gained and now as per my observation I don't feel happy at all in Canada due weather conditions and being alone in this country. So, I would like to get an advice from you do you think it's a good idea to go back and start a small scale restaurant business.

I have seen many youngster come here like me and tie themselves with such a situation in which they are not happy but they are struggling just for dollars by not doing any job in their own field and Canada provides all labour jobs to international students.

Currently, I am on my work permit which is valid until 2020 august. But, I feel like I am wasting my time by not doing something I want. So, please suggest as per your experience what should I do

Thank you so much

I am looking forward to hearing replies based on your personal opinion

Regards

Aagaaz Tandon
Hard work and LUCK . Luck came my way..i met a older Canadian citizen that helped me a lot..We married and have a genuine marriage and I got PR that way. She made me escape fake friends,loosers who are in Canada NOT to study but party.drink, engage in all sorts of risky behaviour..jerks giving me bad advice.sharing 1bdrm with 7 people to save money on rent.caz you can only work 20hrs a week..save me from having to go to work when i was sick in some fast food joint where the boss treated me like sh*t
scammers with fake promises of jobs and LMIA caz they want money
Makes me wonder what the real statistic are on Indians student that do get PR or end up going home in frustation
TRY for your PR then you have options.Dont just quit and go back and may not be able to come back as i think CIC is getting more harder for international students to come to Canada..

AKJ

Jun 26, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2016
LANDED..........
17-07-2016
Hello Everyone !!!
Any experiences to share as I am planning to move back to India with my Canadian Citizenship (& India OCI) ..... how is it for Kids in Grade 6 and 1 moving back from Canada to India
How will be the schooling fees etc ...

Aagaaz

Oct 20, 2018
Hello Everyone,
Firstly, I would like to thank you all for providing me your helpful answers and for sure I totally understand that you guy's weren't forcing me to take any action as per advised by you it was just a suggestion. I didn't look over to my query since last I replied to this post but today I was checking my messages and I was just stop by all your comments. Again, thank you for all your love and support. I would like to give you an update my PR is already in process medical has been passed in August 2019 and PAL has been issued on 28 jan 2020 now just waiting for PPR and I recently bought a car. Hopefully with all your blessings And love things are changing and for sure it's all hard work but it's totally worth it.

Reactions: scylla

malayjiwani

Apr 24, 2022
Hello,

Can anyone please advise the things to change/close if someone wishes to go back to India after application of Canadian citizenship?
Thank you for your time.