cdsoso

Oct 24, 2019
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
18-10-2019
File Transfer...
01-13-2020
Hi Guys. I applied for my new SIN online on June 15th and received it in the mail today. I just informed financial institutions and my employer of my new SIN.

My question is, do I need to reapply health card and driver's license as a permanent resident? My old status is a work permit holder. The health card and DL are still valid but the health card has an expiration date which is the last date of my work permit. I assume I can still use them until they expire, and renew as a permanent resident until then, correct? Thanks to anyone who can share their experience with a similar situation.

Also, do I need to inform anyone else other than my employer and banks (financial institutions)?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi Guys. I applied for my new SIN online on June 15th and received it in the mail today. I just informed financial institutions and my employer of my new SIN.

My question is, do I need to reapply health card and driver's license as a permanent resident? My old status is a work permit holder. The health card and DL are still valid but the health card has an expiration date which is the last date of my work permit. I assume I can still use them until they expire, and renew as a permanent resident until then, correct? Thanks to anyone who can share their experience with a similar situation.

Also, do I need to inform anyone else other than my employer and banks (financial institutions)?
1. Yes, that is correct, but you might as well get them extended now rather than when they expire.
2. No.

Reactions: cdsoso

cdsoso

Oct 24, 2019
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
18-10-2019
File Transfer...
01-13-2020
Hi

1. Yes, that is correct, but you might as well get them extended now rather than when they expire.
2. No.
Thanks!

cdsoso

Oct 24, 2019
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
18-10-2019
File Transfer...
01-13-2020
Hi, bro, i have the same questions as you did, have you applied for new OHIP and DL? Can we do them online?

Thank you.
No. I haven’t. I will renew them when they are expiring.